LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    All Mighty Dubb's Wii's Avatar
    Member #
    27802
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    210
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7500-4049-1798-0971

    Should I get Smash Bros. (gamecube game) to practice for Wii Brawl???

    Hello everyone. I find that the closer it gets to the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl from the Wii, I grow even more and more interested in the game. I even went down to gamestop and reserved my copy for the day it comes out.
    The game is looking pretty good (from the shots and screens that I've seen) and I am glad they have decided to take more time for a better game. So, anyways, as you can see, I am looking forward to the game and the online play.

    Now, here is my question. I am new to the whole "Smash Bros." games series and haven't EVER played the original gamecube smash bros. game. I have years of experience playing fighting games as well as every other kind of game but I'm not sure if I should go get Melee for GC now to practice and get a feel for the game?? Is it a hard game to figure out or do you think I will be okay just picking up the Wii version and hoping right into the mix?? And is the Melee game for GC (when played on the GC or Wii) online compatible??? Just curious. Give me some of your thoughts.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM Dubb's Wii

    a sig designed by FRuMMaGe
    Dubb's Wii : 7500 4049 1798 0971
    Guitar Hero 3 Code : 210570817462

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    THE Beast metalfreak's Avatar
    Member #
    37961
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    200
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2856-3740-5359-2869
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubb's Wii
    Hello everyone. I find that the closer it gets to the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl from the Wii, I grow even more and more interested in the game. I even went down to gamestop and reserved my copy for the day it comes out.
    The game is looking pretty good (from the shots and screens that I've seen) and I am glad they have decided to take more time for a better game. So, anyways, as you can see, I am looking forward to the game and the online play.

    Now, here is my question. I am new to the whole "Smash Bros." games series and haven't EVER played the original gamecube smash bros. game. I have years of experience playing fighting games as well as every other kind of game but I'm not sure if I should go get Melee for GC now to practice and get a feel for the game?? Is it a hard game to figure out or do you think I will be okay just picking up the Wii version and hoping right into the mix?? And is the Melee game for GC (when played on the GC or Wii) online compatible??? Just curious. Give me some of your thoughts.
    1. The gamecube game is NOT the original, is the sequel, Melee, to the ORIGINAL smash bros. on n64

    2. YES, pick it up...this game is not your traditional fighting game...it is like part fighting, part platformer and part strategy in a way mixed into one on giant on screen levels versus other people, its very fast paced and the damage/health system is totally different from what your used to

    3. no online at all whatsoever, if you want a challenge play against friends next to you or crank up 3 npc's to lvl 9 or do some of the event challenges

    so in short: YES, get melee and get used to the ssb world before you go online and get embarrased (no offense intended)
    Wii Games: Wii Sports, Manhunt 2, Madden 2008, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Strikers Charged, Link's Crossbow Training and Red Steel

    VC Games: Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Contra 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Super Mario Brothers, Soldier Blade, Kid Icarus, Blades of Steel, World Sports Competition, F-Zero and Punch-Out


    Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

  4. #3
    The Shoke Shoko's Avatar
    Member #
    20369
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,292
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    yea, you should get melee. itll realy help you out in brawl. smash bros is not exactly a pick-up-and-play game. well, i mean it can be but ull still get ur a** whooped if you dont know wat ur doin. theres many elements to the game


    Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa


    Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228


    [SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me


  5. #4
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    You don't even need to get Melee to train for Brawl. You should get it simply because it's Melee.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  6. #5
    Wii > Xbox360 +PS3 laderer5's Avatar
    Member #
    17409
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    1,538
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    You don't even need to get Melee to train for Brawl. You should get it simply because it's Melee.

    Listen to this wise man's words of wisdom..
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

    Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

  7. #6
    THE Beast metalfreak's Avatar
    Member #
    37961
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    200
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2856-3740-5359-2869
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    You don't even need to get Melee to train for Brawl. You should get it simply because it's Melee.
    lol, touche (or two-shay...duno spelling)
    Wii Games: Wii Sports, Manhunt 2, Madden 2008, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Strikers Charged, Link's Crossbow Training and Red Steel

    VC Games: Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Contra 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Super Mario Brothers, Soldier Blade, Kid Icarus, Blades of Steel, World Sports Competition, F-Zero and Punch-Out


    Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

  8. #7
    "tango down" toomstone's Avatar
    Member #
    37765
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    brizzy baby
    Posts
    767
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8211-0763-7929-1645
    yes get it... its a brilliant game that will take you a while to master... by matster i mean beat 3v1 lvl 9 npc...
    I left wii-chat in the 09 disaster


  9. #8
    THE Beast metalfreak's Avatar
    Member #
    37961
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    200
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2856-3740-5359-2869
    Quote Originally Posted by toomstone
    yes get it... its a brilliant game that will take you a while to master... by matster i mean beat 3v1 lvl 9 npc...
    thats not incredibly difficult, i think u can master it if u play 3v1 against 3 other PEOPLE who can beat 3v1 lvl 9's lol...thats a master

    and it depends on the npc's and your char of choice as well

    but yes, its fun to master
    Wii Games: Wii Sports, Manhunt 2, Madden 2008, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Strikers Charged, Link's Crossbow Training and Red Steel

    VC Games: Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Contra 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Super Mario Brothers, Soldier Blade, Kid Icarus, Blades of Steel, World Sports Competition, F-Zero and Punch-Out


    Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

  10. #9
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by toomstone
    yes get it... its a brilliant game that will take you a while to master... by matster i mean beat 3v1 lvl 9 npc...
    LMFAO. That's not mastering. That's an easy goal. "Mastering" is getting down essentials like Wavedashing, edge hogging, light dashing, etc.

    *EDIT*

    Like metalfreak said, if you can play against 3 other people that can be 3 lvl. 9's, that's a different story. :/

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts