LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7500-4049-1798-0971

Should I get Smash Bros. (gamecube game) to practice for Wii Brawl???

Hello everyone. I find that the closer it gets to the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl from the Wii, I grow even more and more interested in the game. I even went down to gamestop and reserved my copy for the day it comes out.
    The game is looking pretty good (from the shots and screens that I've seen) and I am glad they have decided to take more time for a better game. So, anyways, as you can see, I am looking forward to the game and the online play.

Now, here is my question. I am new to the whole "Smash Bros." games series and haven't EVER played the original gamecube smash bros. game. I have years of experience playing fighting games as well as every other kind of game but I'm not sure if I should go get Melee for GC now to practice and get a feel for the game?? Is it a hard game to figure out or do you think I will be okay just picking up the Wii version and hoping right into the mix?? And is the Melee game for GC (when played on the GC or Wii) online compatible??? Just curious. Give me some of your thoughts.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM Dubb's Wii

a sig designed by FRuMMaGe
    Dubb's Wii : 7500 4049 1798 0971
    Guitar Hero 3 Code : 210570817462

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2856-3740-5359-2869
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubb's Wii
    Hello everyone. I find that the closer it gets to the release of Super Smash Bros. Brawl from the Wii, I grow even more and more interested in the game. I even went down to gamestop and reserved my copy for the day it comes out.
    The game is looking pretty good (from the shots and screens that I've seen) and I am glad they have decided to take more time for a better game. So, anyways, as you can see, I am looking forward to the game and the online play.

Now, here is my question. I am new to the whole "Smash Bros." games series and haven't EVER played the original gamecube smash bros. game. I have years of experience playing fighting games as well as every other kind of game but I'm not sure if I should go get Melee for GC now to practice and get a feel for the game?? Is it a hard game to figure out or do you think I will be okay just picking up the Wii version and hoping right into the mix?? And is the Melee game for GC (when played on the GC or Wii) online compatible??? Just curious. Give me some of your thoughts.
    1. The gamecube game is NOT the original, is the sequel, Melee, to the ORIGINAL smash bros. on n64

2. YES, pick it up...this game is not your traditional fighting game...it is like part fighting, part platformer and part strategy in a way mixed into one on giant on screen levels versus other people, its very fast paced and the damage/health system is totally different from what your used to

3. no online at all whatsoever, if you want a challenge play against friends next to you or crank up 3 npc's to lvl 9 or do some of the event challenges

so in short: YES, get melee and get used to the ssb world before you go online and get embarrased (no offense intended)
    Wii Games: Wii Sports, Manhunt 2, Madden 2008, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Strikers Charged, Link's Crossbow Training and Red Steel

VC Games: Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Contra 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Super Mario Brothers, Soldier Blade, Kid Icarus, Blades of Steel, World Sports Competition, F-Zero and Punch-Out

Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    yea, you should get melee. itll realy help you out in brawl. smash bros is not exactly a pick-up-and-play game. well, i mean it can be but ull still get ur a** whooped if you dont know wat ur doin. theres many elements to the game

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    You don't even need to get Melee to train for Brawl. You should get it simply because it's Melee.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    You don't even need to get Melee to train for Brawl. You should get it simply because it's Melee.

Listen to this wise man's words of wisdom..
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Member #
    Friends
    2856-3740-5359-2869
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    lol, touche (or two-shay...duno spelling)
    Wii Games: Wii Sports, Manhunt 2, Madden 2008, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Strikers Charged, Link's Crossbow Training and Red Steel

VC Games: Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Contra 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Super Mario Brothers, Soldier Blade, Kid Icarus, Blades of Steel, World Sports Competition, F-Zero and Punch-Out

Member #
    Friends
    8211-0763-7929-1645
    yes get it... its a brilliant game that will take you a while to master... by matster i mean beat 3v1 lvl 9 npc...
    I left wii-chat in the 09 disaster

Member #
    Friends
    2856-3740-5359-2869
    Quote Originally Posted by toomstone
    yes get it... its a brilliant game that will take you a while to master... by matster i mean beat 3v1 lvl 9 npc...
    thats not incredibly difficult, i think u can master it if u play 3v1 against 3 other PEOPLE who can beat 3v1 lvl 9's lol...thats a master

and it depends on the npc's and your char of choice as well

but yes, its fun to master

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by toomstone
    LMFAO. That's not mastering. That's an easy goal. "Mastering" is getting down essentials like Wavedashing, edge hogging, light dashing, etc.

*EDIT*

Like metalfreak said, if you can play against 3 other people that can be 3 lvl. 9's, that's a different story. :/

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Ads