LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Host Advantage

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Well if you know your connection is shit then you just host a match and have no lag while they get all the lag. Lag isn't always dependent on location or quality though, sometimes someones internet connection just isn't good with another. In SSB there is a lot of on the spot button mashes and quick thinking blocks, lag will make this all for not.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    The Less Lag The Better!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Nintendo did fine w/the DS lag. Sonic Rush adventure=Flawless, but turn based games (Pokeman) were very laggy.
    Dont know about wii games, havnt tried Wii's wi-fi but if it's like the Internet browser, it will suck.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.

We remain unwritten through history
    no x will mark us on the map
    but in books of pros and poetry
    you loved me once in a paragraph.

SteamID: WaywardWaterGod

For any Pokemon games, PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    i wonder if brawl can really support online without no lag considering the really bad lag from madden and budokai tenkaichi

Member #
    Friends
    2856-3740-5359-2869
    madden has bad lag and thats proabably EA's fault

same with whoever developed Budokai

MSC doesnt have very bad lag at all, its clean and Nintendo handeled that game so i dont see any reason why the one of if not THE biggest wii title so far and probably of the next year or so would have any lag...seriously...they would NOT let that happen. i expect some serious overhaul for the online portion of this game.

as far as host advantage i think it shouldnt even happen, because of the close quarters combat this game promotes, i mean in games like halo where its massive and the host is one miniscule player no biggie but lets say your playing some 1 v 1 the host has a significant advantage...

if there is lag then for tournies just have the spectator host like sum1 said above, problem solved
    Wii Games: Wii Sports, Manhunt 2, Madden 2008, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Mario Strikers Charged, Link's Crossbow Training and Red Steel

VC Games: Super Metroid, Gunstar Heroes, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Contra 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, Super Mario Brothers, Soldier Blade, Kid Icarus, Blades of Steel, World Sports Competition, F-Zero and Punch-Out

Join the Zelda Fan Club (ZFC)~

Member #
    Friends
    yea thats true usually when i play msc i don't lag if the other person has a good connection so it probably depends on each users connection. and host advantage wouldn't be fair especially if there were rankings

Member #
    Friends
    5134-2285-1457-3930
    There is a slight solution to this but seeing as dragon ball z 3 is not doing so well in that department i don't know if it will work. its where nintendo hosts the rooms and two or however many players come into that room and if one person drops it doesnt cut the game out and the other three or however many can still play. but there is still the problem of how well you connect to that server. It also solves the problem of those lame losers that when they get there but kicked they quit out the game to avoid a loss and keep you from getting the win. Its a problem that has been in online gaming for a while.
    Don't Be A Fan Boy Its Not Benaficial

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by yungblood6
    There is a slight solution to this but seeing as dragon ball z 3 is not doing so well in that department i don't know if it will work. its where nintendo hosts the rooms and two or however many players come into that room and if one person drops it doesnt cut the game out and the other three or however many can still play. but there is still the problem of how well you connect to that server. It also solves the problem of those lame losers that when they get there but kicked they quit out the game to avoid a loss and keep you from getting the win. Its a problem that has been in online gaming for a while.
    actually if someone leaves, they just get replaced by a CPU....so sakurai fixed that problem

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    Well if the online play in this game is bad, then I won't be playing online (and possibly not getting the game at all).

I'd hope that the games will be hosted on a Nintendo server, but it doesn't really matter how Nintendo does this, they better do it well.
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    I wish everyone would read the damn manual instead of posting a post about a dumbass question like the one asked in this thread.

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto

Will this turn you off from the online? How will wiichat tourneys be held if there is host advantage? Who will be the host? Lag in fighters is the reason they were one of the last genres to go online, it kills them completely.
    Neutral host who isnt actually competing, just stands there?
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Ads