LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I dont understand! why is this game go so much hype around it?

please tell me why everyone is so hyped. i can understand being excited but some people are rediculously over-excited. i've come to this realization after seeing a thread that was based on someone not knowing wich t.v. to buy for Brawl use only! Can you beleive that?! lol!

i am in no way flaming this game, but it's just an average game IMHO. it's completely beyond my comprehension. the halo 3 hype was understandable, halo/halo 2 were some of the greatest games ever,(not saying 3 lived up to hype tho) but was SSBM considered one of the greatest games ever? i havent heard that from anybody (except a few nintendo fanboys going, omgz halo suxorz! i love maro brawl!)

i'm not even trying to rant either, i'm just completely baffled by this. please dont get offended mario brawl fans, i just dont understand it lol

edit: this was my first time being in this subforum, some of the topics-geeze, you guys have covered every aspect of this game. why buy the game now that u know exactly what's in it/going to happen! lol, kidding of course.

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

Member #
    Friends
    I'm not hyped for this game, it's on my "maybe" list.

It by no means looks average though.
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    This is just like Halo 3's hype. People get really excited over it
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Member #
    Friends
    4373-3809-6371-5026
    Its a great game thats rllly fun to get into....I love these games but Im not getting a new tv for it...

Where is your god now? zapasant's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    meh, i could go either way, dont get me wrong, im very excited for this game.......

and im not a fanboy.......as you can see from my sig, im quite the sony lover.

but ssmm WAS one of the greatest games ever, belive me, and if this game can outdo meelee than the hype is understandable, not big enough to buy a tv solely for brawl use.....thats called being a nerd

PSN ID: zapasant93

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I've recently been asking myself that question. It kind of scares me. I've been hyped for this game for over a year, what happens when I get it? I'm just hoping I won't get burned out of this game like I did in Melee.

Anyway, I already tried to stop visiting this section, but all of my friends post here, so I can't.

To answer your question to the best of my ability:

Its because this game is available to anyone and everyone. You can play this game when you are five years old, just have a blast looking at all the characters and doing the same moves over and over and over [and over] again. You can have fun playing this game when you're a newb, using your recovery as an offensive attack and spamming smashes. You can have fun playing this game as an expert, learning the plethora of advanced techniques, yet never being able to perfect your game. This game has NO limit. There is no BEST person. Everyone is beaten sometime or another. Bored of playing the with the same person? Or maybe you've already mastered them? Try out one of the other [projected] 39 characters.

It is the ultimate game.

EDIT: I personally don't understand the hype surrounding the halo series, so don't feel bad, bro. Halo is way too repetetive for my taste.
    Last edited by LevesqueIsKing; 12-12-2007 at 02:36 PM.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Let me explain this.

Smash Bros. It was the first game that contained various big Nintendo character's. It had completely unique game-play. And you got to see who'd win in a fight between Link and Pikachu!

Now, Smash Bros. is sometimes considered the Halo of Nintendo quality-wise. IGN, Game Informer, Gamespot- anyone of those sites will usually tell you Melee was a freaking awesome game.

And it's freaking fun. Were you on the boat for the N64 one and Melee? If not, I can understand.

But Smash Bros. has proved to be one of the best games. Ever. I still bust out Melee every once and a while and it came out way back in... What? 2003?

And also, you have to understand the amount of polish this game is getting. It's being worked on like crazy madness. I guess it's hard to explain.

But Smash Bros. was basically the Halo before Halo came out.
    GAME OVER

Waiting For Tomorrow largedarry's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8861-8821-7046-6197
    This game is definately one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played, but now I can play online against other people.
    "There are many causes that I am prepared to die for but no causes that I am prepared to kill for." Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    I wish everyone would read the damn manual instead of posting a post about a dumbass question like the one asked in this thread.

Member #
    Friends
    I can easily tell you why this game is epic. I love this series because 12 years back I'd sit and my brother and I would play for hours working through Mario, Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Star Fox. I had so much fun. Those games were so much fun. I enjoy remembering those characters and this game brings all of my favorite gaming characters together in one epic battle. I have enjoyed watching the the development of these charcters through the years and seeing what they've become today and honestly seeing how they haven't really changed at all. Mario is still the 2D guy he was in the past.... just very 3d and fancy with nice denim. Link still has a fancy for that Master Sword and Fox (one of my favorites) has proven his skills in the skys and on the battlefield. It's an attachment i guess. I grew up with these characters.

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Is A Diddy Kong User. Fire Flower's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2617-4361-9813-7619

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches. Please try again in 1 seconds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads