+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Geno Thread

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5873-1290-1753-2112

The Geno Thread

Pretty much the only best picture of Geno I've ever made!

Hello! It's me, Geno enthusiast and supporter, Atomic Bucket!
    I'm here to fill you in on Geno, who's pretty much the best character. Ever.
    This is the Geno awareness thread! Half of you don't even know who Geno is, where he came from, or why he deserve a slot in Brawl!
    'Who is Geno', you ask?

Hey! I just said I was going to fill you freaking in on him! Are you freaking deaf!? Or blind?!
    B E P A T I E N T !
    Alright ((moron...)), I guess the best place to start is from the beginning. Back where Geno first originated. Back- to the SNES!

L E G A C Y - I:
    Geno is a character from the critically acclaimed, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars'. It was developed by Square with under direct watch of Shigeru Miyamoto! It was the last Mario game released on the SNES. It was also the second to last Square game released on the SNES.

The game got high reviews, but didn't sell well. It's poor sales is blamed on how late in the SNES's life cycle it had been released. The N64 and PS1 had already been out for a year when it was released. Despite this, the game has been praised for it's "Near N64 Quality" ((At the time, anyways)) graphics.

Geno was a play-able character. He was the second partner you teamed up with (the first one being Mallow). Mario and Mallow meet up with him while fighting a... uh... miniature-boss named Bowyer ((Not Bowser)). Geno gladly accepts their help in defeating him.

After the fight, Geno explains how he is "An otherworldly traveler sent by a higher authority". He took the body of a young Toad's ((Gaz's)) doll. Geno's real name is '♥♪!?', but it's unpronounceable, so he just takes the name of the doll ((A.K.A. The easy way out...))

He offers his help to them, and yadda, yadda yadda. You know, like an RPG. He plays the 'Mystical Sage' role. That's a fancy way of saying 'Mage'. You can see the Final Fantasy Mage influence on him, can't you?

Okay, now that you know a bit about his origins, it's time to talk about that other thing. You know...

A S A F I G H T E R - II:

Now a question that is often brought up is "What Can Geno Do?".
    Well, let me tell you... Or else....

Geno mainly uses a combination of Magic and Projectiles. Anyone else think that that combination is freaking awesome?

He shoots various kind of projectiles and bullets and ROCKET POWERED FISTS!!!! Put a one here! Put a one here!
    He shoots a Geno Beam which is basically a cannon of light pure awesome.
    And the Geno Whirl, which if timed right, can do the most damage in the game ((9999 Baby!)).

Geno also has the highest speed possibility in the game ((he's fast)).

Well, his move-set is practically made! Just add some punches and kicks and you're set!

But a question still remains. Why should Geno be in Brawl?

T H E R E A S O N - III:

Well, lets see.
    Geno is a great fighter ((he was my lead guy in Super Mario RPG)). He represents a game that was greatly under-credited. He fits in perfectly! I'll be surprised ((and sad)) if he's not in!

He was one of the most wanted in Sakurai's poll. And Sakurai already said he considers him 3rd party, so he would take up the last 3rd party slot!

That, and Geno is a great character gone to waste!

He only made one cameo appearance in 'Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga'!
    He was a guide to a mini-freaking-game!!!!

He hasn't been allowed to be used to to rights issues ((he technically belongs to Square)).

Representing a great under-looked game?! Popular demand!? Unique Character!? This guy was practically MADE for Brawl!

M E D I A - IV:

Anyways. That's Geno. I'll add more if I see fit. Enjoy some Media! Get to know the game and Geno better!

Catch Super Mario RPG on VC in the near future ((It's coming. I can feel it.))

((P.S. I didn't make any of these. Much better at Flash than this anyways...))
    [MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=EvB-lIcHHPQ[/MEDIA]
    [MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=8iuWSw2_LAo[/MEDIA]
    [MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=dZmXWMcs8cg[/MEDIA]
    GAME OVER

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    Why did you make this thread? its obviously going to get closed by syntax.
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    I don't need comments. I just need people to see the first page.
    GAME OVER

Don't insult Ratchet wizkid0111's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3465-6548-9294-0931
    So thats who geno is. Thanks and now I have enough knowledge to say geno should not be in brawl. (jk)
    GH3 name: Sumi
    GH3 fc: 68268044599

A Proud Supporter Of Sonic FTW!!!!!

Ha Ha. Take that Mario.
    (FYI: That is all one image just merged together)

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Quote Originally Posted by wizkid0111
    So thats who geno is. Thanks and now I have enough knowledge to say geno should not be in brawl. (jk)
    Hah. Hah. Hah.

Edit: You are a fan-boy to Ratchet as I am a fan-boy to Geno.
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    I'll say this a second time, Geno deserves two spots on the Brawl roster, just because one spot can't handle all his awesome. One character. Two spots. If that's not innovation I don't know what the hell is.

PS i have never gotten through mario rpg but i represent a little more than 1/3 of geno fans with this post, considering the content and the preceding independent clause.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

Member #
    Friends
    5873-1290-1753-2112
    Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3
    I'll say this a second time, Geno deserves two spots on the Brawl roster, just because one spot can't handle all his awesome. One character. Two spots. If that's not innovation I don't know what the hell is.

PS i have never gotten through mario rpg but i represent a little more than 1/3 of geno fans with this post, considering the content and the preceding independent clause.
    Seriously, I still can't tell whether that's sarcasm. Use the [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tags.
    GAME OVER

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by samXcor3

[sarcasm]I'll say this a second time, Geno deserves two spots on the Brawl roster, just because one spot can't handle all his awesome. One character. Two spots. If that's not innovation I don't know what the hell is.[/sarcasm]

[cereality]PS i have never gotten through mario rpg but i represent a little more than 1/3 of geno fans with this post[/seriously], considering the content and the preceding independent clause.
    To sum up, too many people who barely know who Geno is want him in, and I could care less if he's in since I never got that far into mario rpg, but if he is in then that's cool, I mean the more the merrier...unless "more" includes rayman...or skull kid. THAT'S RIGHT I SAID SKULL KID!

Love,
    sam(Xcor3)

EDIT: Oh yeah and props on the mystical sage=mage thing, dunno if thats real but if it is then I didnt know that.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Geno looks pretty cool. That 1st vid is quality.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    He should definitely be in, I used him all the time in RPG and he's a really unique character.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Ads