Yesterday, we discussed the Trophy Stands feature of the Nintendo Wii game Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Since we are already in the topic of rewards and such, let us take the discussion up a notch higher and tackle the game's Coin Launcher mode.
This mode was lifted from the Wii iteration's predecessor, Super Smash Bros. Melee. However, the Nintendo developers decided to make the Coin Launcher a bit harder by turning it into a mini game.
The mini game, when you really think about it, is like a top-down space shooter. Your aim is to hit the different trophies to make them yours and avoid enemies and missiles. The coins are going to be your actual bullets.
The official Smash Bros. DOJO! website provided some more information about the Coin Launcher of Super Smash Bros. Brawl:
* Tilt left and right to change the angle of the launcher and press the button to roll coins out. Basically, the coins themselves are your bullets.
* The trophies move, so shoot, shoot, shoot them before they get away. If you hit a trophy with a few shots, it will be yours.
* When you defeat formations of smaller enemies, you earn stickers and bonuses. When your green gauge fills up, it becomes possible to shoot coins rapid-fire for a short time.
* Hit the missiles to shoot them down. If a missile strikes, your coin count will decrease!
* Press the Cancel Button to quit. Then the results of your trophy and sticker shooting will appear.
* The green ones are trophies. The red ones are stickers.
* The more you play the other modes, the more coins you’ll earn for the Coin Launcher. You can even earn them in Spectator mode.