LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    WiiChat Member AoWFraggit's Avatar
    Member #
    44213
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,045
    Friends
    3
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    how about rosalina? lawl.

    Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War



  2. Ads


  3. #12
    WiiChat Member YOWORD1's Avatar
    Member #
    43672
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    31
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    imagine ryu in that game xD

  4. #13
    Wiichat Member nic7's Avatar
    Member #
    1061
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Iowa, America
    Posts
    2,295
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Quote Originally Posted by AoWFraggit
    how about rosalina? lawl.
    She's been confirmed as an AT. (Assuming you already didn't know)


    Thanks Star Striker for the sig.


    Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes


  5. #14
    Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    18663
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    In a world controlled by greed
    Posts
    549
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    No offense but I kind of doubt most of those predictions.

    K Rool: Although a popular fan favorite here in the dojo, I really can;t see him having a huge fanbase worldwide like King Koopa (Bowser) does. He hasn't really had enough exposure to generate the buzz worthy of a character slot. But can see him as a boss or AT.

    Capitan Falcon: I know he was a favorite of many (myself included) but Sakurai did say not everyone would be making a comeback. And yeah if IC got in why shouldn't he? Well probably because the Japanese would rather play puzzle or platformers than racers. That genre is more or less tailored to the "western world".

    So I think since they (the japanese) were the ones who got to decide what 3rd party characters got in (the reason we have sonic) he holds them and their desires in higher regard than the rest of the world.

    Stylux: I don't think he is popular enough for a slot..but he'd be a bad-ass AT.

    Ganondorf: I'd rather see Gannon personally. And since he was a clone in Melee his chances in Brawl are rather slim. Yeah we know he could have a new unique move set. But I think the reason we won;t see him is due to Wind Waker. Remember before WW was released, and we had that awesome 3D clip of the older Link fighting Ganondorf?
    Had they stuck with that as the template instead of the more kid friendly palette of WW, we would see a sharp increase in Ganondorf's popularity (just like we did after LoZoT) But since they toned down and reworked one of the greatest villains in Nintendo history (IMHO) into a pushover, it makes his potential as an original character kind of slim.

    Mewtwo: seeing as how the Pokemon craze has died down a lot (almost totally dead it seems), and the fact that the only games to include this iconic Pokemon we all know and like, is over 10 years old (didn't red/blue/yellow come out in like what, 1996-1997?). It seems rather unlikely to me that he will return to the fight. At least pikachu is a constant in every game. So his iconic status remains cemented in the brains of every kid ages 5-10.

    Mach Rider: Considering I had to do a Google search just to find out who this guy is, I kind of doubt his fan base is big enough to get in. But then again he does look like a suitable replacement for Falcon. At least in appearance. And his bike would have to be included in the controls considering that was his only power in the game. I could see it as an FSA. So yeah this guy could potentially become the "new falcon" this time around.

    Wolf: If he had a potential move set that was different than Fox, then I'd gladly welcome him into the roster. I just think that he would be clone material as of now, unless someone can give me a list of unique abilities that would set him apart from Fox.

    Krystal: Well I could see her as a possible character. Although I couldn't see her being a very powerful one. I'd much rather her be an AT personally but if she got a slot it wouldn't be too bad.

    Dixie Kong: The only reason i would doubt her getting in is because I don;t think DKC 2 & 3 were received as well as one was. She was cool at the time, and has made it into recent DK games, but is she popular enough to get a slot as a PC?

    Luigi: I'd like to see him as a PC, but the only difference I think he would have from Mario is the F.L.U.D.D would be replaced with the Poltergeist 3000. Other than that wouldn't he just still be a clone? He's only had one game to himself (Luigi's Mansion) and so the only unique abilities he could have would be Vacuum powers (Fire,Water,Ice) and sucking, or blowing away other characters. I can see it happening but I doubt it kinda since Luigi's mansion is old now, ans none of the content made it into Melee..is it too late now?

  6. #15
    Nintendo 4life lloyd_yayo's Avatar
    Member #
    2330
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    782
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by nic7
    Dixie would make it 4 from Donkey Kong. (Assuming K. Rool gets in) I don't see 4 from a franchise such as that.

    And Ridley has a better chance then Stylux. (If there were to be one more from Metroid)

    ridleys going to be a boss imo, stylux or one of the other hunters are better suited for combat than ridley. if ridely can brawl then rayquaza can too

  7. #16
    Wants SSBB NOW!!! >.< Vdogam3r's Avatar
    Member #
    44514
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Why? >.> NO WAI!!!! Brawl Main: Mario or MK....... Waiting for: Brawl
    Posts
    592
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_yayo
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebody
    Stylux has no chance... I also feel as if Dixie is a pretty risky pick..
    if stylux has no chance who else is going to appear from metroid you think? and whats risky about dixie?
    If they put more characters, they will delay the game more. Thats risky.

    Made by idjut

    Brawl: 31 DAYS
    Main: Mario

  8. #17
    Nintendo 4life lloyd_yayo's Avatar
    Member #
    2330
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    782
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdogam3r
    If they put more characters, they will delay the game more. Thats risky.
    who says they're not already added? obviously there are going to be more charchters than what the dojo has revealed

  9. #18
    Wiichat Member nic7's Avatar
    Member #
    1061
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Iowa, America
    Posts
    2,295
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Life Mushroom
    No offense but I kind of doubt most of those predictions.

    K Rool: Although a popular fan favorite here in the dojo, I really can;t see him having a huge fanbase worldwide like King Koopa (Bowser) does. He hasn't really had enough exposure to generate the buzz worthy of a character slot. But can see him as a boss or AT.

    Capitan Falcon: I know he was a favorite of many (myself included) but Sakurai did say not everyone would be making a comeback. And yeah if IC got in why shouldn't he? Well probably because the Japanese would rather play puzzle or platformers than racers. That genre is more or less tailored to the "western world".

    So I think since they (the japanese) were the ones who got to decide what 3rd party characters got in (the reason we have sonic) he holds them and their desires in higher regard than the rest of the world.

    Stylux: I don't think he is popular enough for a slot..but he'd be a bad-ass AT.

    Ganondorf: I'd rather see Gannon personally. And since he was a clone in Melee his chances in Brawl are rather slim. Yeah we know he could have a new unique move set. But I think the reason we won;t see him is due to Wind Waker. Remember before WW was released, and we had that awesome 3D clip of the older Link fighting Ganondorf?
    Had they stuck with that as the template instead of the more kid friendly palette of WW, we would see a sharp increase in Ganondorf's popularity (just like we did after LoZoT) But since they toned down and reworked one of the greatest villains in Nintendo history (IMHO) into a pushover, it makes his potential as an original character kind of slim.

    Mewtwo: seeing as how the Pokemon craze has died down a lot (almost totally dead it seems), and the fact that the only games to include this iconic Pokemon we all know and like, is over 10 years old (didn't red/blue/yellow come out in like what, 1996-1997?). It seems rather unlikely to me that he will return to the fight. At least pikachu is a constant in every game. So his iconic status remains cemented in the brains of every kid ages 5-10.

    Mach Rider: Considering I had to do a Google search just to find out who this guy is, I kind of doubt his fan base is big enough to get in. But then again he does look like a suitable replacement for Falcon. At least in appearance. And his bike would have to be included in the controls considering that was his only power in the game. I could see it as an FSA. So yeah this guy could potentially become the "new falcon" this time around.

    Wolf: If he had a potential move set that was different than Fox, then I'd gladly welcome him into the roster. I just think that he would be clone material as of now, unless someone can give me a list of unique abilities that would set him apart from Fox.

    Krystal: Well I could see her as a possible character. Although I couldn't see her being a very powerful one. I'd much rather her be an AT personally but if she got a slot it wouldn't be too bad.

    Dixie Kong: The only reason i would doubt her getting in is because I don;t think DKC 2 & 3 were received as well as one was. She was cool at the time, and has made it into recent DK games, but is she popular enough to get a slot as a PC?

    Luigi: I'd like to see him as a PC, but the only difference I think he would have from Mario is the F.L.U.D.D would be replaced with the Poltergeist 3000. Other than that wouldn't he just still be a clone? He's only had one game to himself (Luigi's Mansion) and so the only unique abilities he could have would be Vacuum powers (Fire,Water,Ice) and sucking, or blowing away other characters. I can see it happening but I doubt it kinda since Luigi's mansion is old now, ans none of the content made it into Melee..is it too late now?

    The Pokemon craze being dead. I'm going to go ahead and assume that was a joke. Just because you're no longer an 8 year old kid doesn't mean that other 8 year olds aren't still enjoying the series. The Pokemon games are the highest selling games on the DS! Pokemon, although may not be what it once was, is still alive and kicking.

    Ganondorf will be playable! It doesn't make sense to downgrade him to AT. Especially because he will definitely be a boss.

    Captain Falcon will be back. There's been no hints of anything that would hint of him not returning.

    Luigi will be back. He's more iconic than that of Ike, Dedede, Lucas, Diddy,(Who by the way has had no games to his very own) Pit, Ice Climbers, and more. The list really does go on.

    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_yayo
    ridleys going to be a boss imo, stylux or one of the other hunters are better suited for combat than ridley. if ridely can brawl then rayquaza can too
    Captain Olimar also really isn't fit for combat, yet he makes it in. And everyone has seen that beginning cut scene of Melee, Ridley can be sized down quite nicely .
    Last edited by nic7; 01-13-2008 at 02:07 PM.


    Thanks Star Striker for the sig.


    Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes


  10. #19
    Nintendo 4life lloyd_yayo's Avatar
    Member #
    2330
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    782
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Life Mushroom
    No offense but I kind of doubt most of those predictions.

    K Rool: Although a popular fan favorite here in the dojo, I really can;t see him having a huge fanbase worldwide like King Koopa (Bowser) does. He hasn't really had enough exposure to generate the buzz worthy of a character slot. But can see him as a boss or AT.

    Stylux: I don't think he is popular enough for a slot..but he'd be a bad-ass AT.

    Mewtwo: seeing as how the Pokemon craze has died down a lot (almost totally dead it seems), and the fact that the only games to include this iconic Pokemon we all know and like, is over 10 years old (didn't red/blue/yellow come out in like what, 1996-1997?). It seems rather unlikely to me that he will return to the fight. At least pikachu is a constant in every game. So his iconic status remains cemented in the brains of every kid ages 5-10.

    Mach Rider: Considering I had to do a Google search just to find out who this guy is, I kind of doubt his fan base is big enough to get in. But then again he does look like a suitable replacement for Falcon. At least in appearance. And his bike would have to be included in the controls considering that was his only power in the game. I could see it as an FSA. So yeah this guy could potentially become the "new falcon" this time around.

    Dixie Kong: The only reason i would doubt her getting in is because I don;t think DKC 2 & 3 were received as well as one was. She was cool at the time, and has made it into recent DK games, but is she popular enough to get a slot as a PC?
    i respect your opinons, but in rebuttal: do u think the ice climbers and pit were popular or well recieved before they're debut? i had never hear of these ppl till melee and brawl. nintendo knows that so to generate a buzz for there franchise charchters. so it makes no difference (IMO) whether dixie, mach rider, stylux or king k krool were/are popluar or not. 2nd pokemon has NOT died, pokemon pearl and diamond for ds are one the best/fastest selling games ever. the cards are still a hit as well, pokemon will never die.

  11. #20
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    20794
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,870
    Friends
    19
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ELM: I can't agree with many of your opinions, and those opinions that I do agree with, you give poor reasonings for.

    -How can you say that Captain Falcon won't be in Brawl? If he is so westernized, then why would they have had him in Smash 64 anyway? Incase you've forgotten, this game is being released in the west as well. He's an icon for Nintendo, and that is all that matters.
    -I personally think that Mewtwo is going to be replaced by Lucario, but thats beside the point because your reasoning for him not being in Brawl is poor. Pokemon is still very popular.
    -What? Who said that Melee clones don't have a good chance for Brawl? Ganandorf will be in Brawl. End topic.
    -Fox's entire moveset was made up by their staff for Smash 64, aside from his reflector [the shape slightly resembles a ring in the game]. A moveset is NOT a reason to not include a character. That is the last thing on Sakurai's mind.
    -Luigi isn't a clone...

    Not to fit a mold,

    Not to join a trend,

    Not to follow a crowd


Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts