LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Wi-Fi Atmosphere

Of course that title doesnt mean much to you, so you had to see what this thread was actually about .

What exactly do you think Wi-Fi will be like (skill level wise)...

Will it be flooded with noobs forever, with a select few decent/good/pro players? Or will it immediately fill up with hopelessly dominating pros? By the way people talk on this forum, it seems like everyone feels like they will dominate... I know I wont... I will be decent, maybe good, but definately beatable...

If there is no ranking system, how will we find opponents that match up well to us?

My appologies if these are redundant or obvious questions with answers elsewhere...

Cheers!

Am I Losing Friends? +Maniacal=Maniac+'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4516-7863-9846-6018
    I Hope You Can See How many Games They've Won/Lost So You Can At Lease Slightly Guage how Good They Are...

*looks at someone's stats*

[Won:9 Lost:185]

Heeheehee...

Meh

Member #
    Friends
    That would be handy, although it might make the whole online experience a bit less relaxing and enjoyable, and maybe too competative? It all depends on the level of competitiveness your looking for I guess...

Member #
    Friends
    I expect it to be flooded with casual gamers that have played it before on GC. They will go on believing that they are really good cause they have never played in tourneys...then reality will itch slap them across the face with a sword. There will be pros and decent players, heck i intended to go 2 days straight w/o much of a break haha.

(I wouldn't consider me to be unbeatable, but every small and medium tourney i found myself battling it out for 1st place.I was pretty good at MOHH2, i played it like 5 hours straight and i peaked at 21st in the world)
    Last edited by TPLink; 01-19-2008 at 08:14 PM.
    I have strikers PM if you wanna play
    Brawl FC: 373791872330
    Bwii FC:184798481849
    EA Nation Persona: skytrooper21

Member #
    Friends
    2222-2222-2222-2222
    21st in the world, that's really impressive
    and also what's wrong with that if you're a casual gamer.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    from what i can tell, if my friends STILL stay up half the night w/ melee, you can expect plenty of progressing noobs along with longtime pros swarming wifi like mad! I'm not a noob to the whole feel of ssb, but i'm sure most of you will be able to beat me.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Rocketman291
    Let me know if you wanna play Call of Duty: World at War or Halo 3.

Wii60

Henshin A Go Go Baby! Vedelkin10's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Well see the great thing about brawl, Is that EVERYONE knows about brawl, Even new people, Like the people who didn't even know what melee was- And the great thing is- Since Brawl is so popular there will be a good amount of noobs and pros So it'll make everything a bit equal-

Member #
    Friends
    I just dont want to end up getting stomped so badly that I end up staying offline... If I come across a player who is noticably worse then me, I would definately ease up a bit just to give them a good run... (still claiming victory of course).

I rarely played melee... there was a time when I was decent, cause I played at my friends place alot, but the N64 one was my comfort zone.

Henshin A Go Go Baby! Vedelkin10's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottAspen
    I just dont want to end up getting stomped so badly that I end up staying offline... If I come across a player who is noticably worse then me, I would definately ease up a bit just to give them a good run... (still claiming victory of course).

I rarely played melee... there was a time when I was decent, cause I played at my friends place alot, but the N64 one was my comfort zone.
    Well that's the great thing about playing against pros, You can learn from them and try and do better, next time you go up against a pro, You gotta keep on striving to get better and eventually you will-

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottAspen

I'll probably avoid the 'With Anyone' option and stick with the 'With Friends' option since I'd rather play with my friends than people I don't know. I'll only play 'With Anyone' when none of my friends are around.

Glad there are no World Rankings though so people won't be obsessing over the game.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads