LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Clearly the biggest balance issue will be the fact that I'll be playing on-line which will naturally cause everyone playing me to lose, which will lead to calls of imbalance, because I'm just too good.

Wahahah.... yeah so,
    I'm gonna have to say that Link and Mario will be two of the strongest characters still this time around. I never thought Mario was that great in Melee, until I realized that he actually can dominate completely, now none of my friends can beat me as Mario, so I'd definitely say that there are many hidden levels of kick-assness in many of the characters which can take some time to figure out.

Also, Nintendo is likely to give surprise strength advanrages to characters that you might not expect it from. For example, I'd say look for some surprise domination from beefed up characters like possibly YOSHI, PIKACHU, and possibly Pokemon Trainer. Certainly, the characters which are notoriously kinda lame (like Peach) will be retooled a bit so they're not seen as the "weak" characters yet AGAIN. So my bet is that the usual "underdogs" or less-popular characters will suddenly be real contenders.

Of course, like I said, I will provide serious imbalance by destroying you all, and it will be done with Link. Beware!
    WWW.WEARETHEKEY.NET
    WEARETHEKEY.FREEFORUMS.ORG

Come join and help the world Evolve!

BRAWL CODE - 3265-4747-0770
    Wii Console - 2504-6852-5346-7730

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    About Link...am I the only one who thinks he's too powerful? In Melee he had a major advantage over other characters, and in this one he's been remodeled and improved in almost everyway. A gut feeling tells me they're giving Link too much.

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Every character had their advantages and disadvantages. They all had good match ups and bad. A few of Links moves have actually been nerfed, too. So, I don't think he's going to be too powerful.

PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero
    About Link...am I the only one who thinks he's too powerful? In Melee he had a major advantage over other characters, and in this one he's been remodeled and improved in almost everyway. A gut feeling tells me they're giving Link too much.
    he was actually considered mid-low tier in melee. super slow grab+huge vulnerability afterward and he was a slow character. plus the other sword wielding characters (excluding young link) our ranged him with thieir hit boxes. his brawl version reminds me a bit more of Marth from brawl. he seems to have alot more reach. what other ways have you seen him being improved upon? i havent seen any other videos so please send me a link or something
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    I actually can sorta see link being used more now that his boomerang's been beefed up and you can charge his spin attack(he was actually my best character in melee, I was nearly unbeatable)

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I've got no videos, but he has the gale boomerang to bring opponents closer, the automatic tether recovery from the grappling hook, the chargeable up B move (which was deadly in Melee), and the bombs are different...look at the video in the Dojo website to see the new bombs.
    I considered him a higher tier...my cousin uses him and he easily blocked combos and had that balanced moveset that works in most cases.

As for the comment of all characters having disadvantages and advantages, I disagree...characters like Mewtwo and Pichu have(or had) a natural disadvantage, while those like Fox and Sheik were just naturally good. Hopefully Sakurai balances the playfield a lot more.

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Gotta tell you, when you've seen people who main low tier characters, and know how to use them, you really don't look at it being unbalanced.
    You just gotta find the strengths in them. Mewtwo, for example, has amazing edge-guarding abilities. I've seen a Mewtwo main who 4stocked his opponent in a tourney match, all 4 lives at low percentages.

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    I've got no videos, but he has the gale boomerang to bring opponents closer, the automatic tether recovery from the grappling hook, the chargeable up B move (which was deadly in Melee), and the bombs are different...look at the video in the Dojo website to see the new bombs.
    I considered him a higher tier...my cousin uses him and he easily blocked combos and had that balanced moveset that works in most cases.

As for the comment of all characters having disadvantages and advantages, I disagree...characters like Mewtwo and Pichu have(or had) a natural disadvantage, while those like Fox and Sheik were just naturally good. Hopefully Sakurai balances the playfield a lot more.
    thanks for the update. and ya melee was pretty unbalanced but not to the extent that one character dominated regardless of player skill. everything was a small flaw that was exploited when you played someone with the same skill level...like pichu would have owned if it was a little heavier...i think anyways lol
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    Gotta tell you, when you've seen people who main low tier characters, and know how to use them, you really don't look at it being unbalanced.
    You just gotta find the strengths in them. Mewtwo, for example, has amazing edge-guarding abilities. I've seen a Mewtwo main who 4stocked his opponent in a tourney match, all 4 lives at low percentages.
    Yea, I know...I actually like Mewtwo; he has awesome combos, great movement, great air attacks, and his grabs are excellent. But having played as almost every single character I can tell you that there is a big difference in difficulty in maining Mewtwo as opposed to maining Fox or Link, and that shows a clear lack of balance.

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Yea, I know...I actually like Mewtwo; he has awesome combos, great movement, great air attacks, and his grabs are excellent. But having played as almost every single character I can tell you that there is a big difference in difficulty in maining Mewtwo as opposed to maining Fox or Link, and that shows a clear lack of balance.
    No.. That shows a clear lack of persistence in learning a character.
    He is harder to main, not impossible due to balance issues.

Ads