LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

What balance issues will arise from SSBB?

(this thread only refers to competitive SSBB gameplay, as balance is not essential in casual gaming)

Okay, we all know that it is pretty much impossible to have so many unique characters, stages and items while maintaining balance. We saw in SSBM that certain characters became favorites among heavy competators (Marth, Fox, Falco, Sheik...) We also saw heavy use of certain stages more then others...

My question then is; What characters and other aspects of SSBB will prove to be dominent among heavy competators?

(of course we can only speculate at this time)

Happy posting!

Henshin A Go Go Baby! Vedelkin10's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Ooo very nice topic, I'm guessing sonic/metaknight/samus/shiek/ike They really seam to have it on pressure on what'd be fair or not later on- But as it looks everyones good with some character, and theres always people who are better than the other, Its like a cycle that keeps on continuing, Nobody is absolutely master of this game so really anything is possible :3

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    I sense Ike having a spot at the bottom of the tier list.
    Since the game is floaty like SSB64 though, I think anyone with exceptional speed will be able to get in the combos.
    Also, Melee characters, having been improved upon and worked on over the years, I think might have an edge over the newcomers. We've already seen huge improvements with characters like Peach, and even drastic overhauls like with Bowser.

PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here

Member #
    Friends
    Good call guys, I would also say fast will be popular for competetive play, and agree with your choices Vedelkin10. All I can say right now is, I think the "unique" ones will be bad/too hard to master (Pickmin&Cpt. Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Wario).

Side note: Prez, if you are referring to Pickering Ontario, We should brawl, cause I live in North Bay, and Barrie in the summer. (good connection speeds)

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottAspen
    Side note: Prez, if you are referring to Pickering Ontario, We should brawl, cause I live in North Bay, and Barrie in the summer. (good connection speeds)
    Definitely, sounds good. Always up for a game of Melee too.

PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Sonic and MK definitely will be overused, and Snake and Diddy might, but not sure about it. As for the veterans, it shouldn't be too different, although Yoshi, Samus and Bowser might see more fights.

Ike is an interesting question. I see him sharing fates with Roy, being occasionally used, but it seems like he'll get better treatment. Pit also seems like a double-edged character, being cool to use but complicated to master.

As for stages, I think they're including too many movable ones...the Battlefield, Yoshi's Island (the new one), Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Mario Circuit, Eldin Bridge and New Pork City seem like favorites already due to the simple, stable arena (NPC seems cool due to size).

Member #
    Friends
    I especially like Pits neutural B move. He just seems like a cool character, him and PT will be used alot, but not over used.

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    Definitely, sounds good. Always up for a game of Melee too.
    ya man i'm in on that. i live in pickering. north of 401
    but back to the forum topic. i think deedede'll be low tier for sure. he seems awkward and slow. i'm thinking he's going to get combo'd easily. and i'm not so sure the melee characters'll be THAT great. do you remember what happened to kirby in the transition from 64-melee? he lost all his usefulness...in my opinion at least
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero
    As for stages, I think they're including too many movable ones...the Battlefield, Yoshi's Island (the new one), Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Mario Circuit, Eldin Bridge and New Pork City seem like favorites already due to the simple, stable arena (NPC seems cool due to size).
    i agree completely man. i can see a whole bunch of stages getting tourney banned
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    I think that the people who are able to master the difficult characters will be able to easily defeat the overpowered metaknight players.....Its all about using your whole moveset. You will be able to beat a quick player if you can attack from any angle.
    Wii games:
    Super Mario Galaxy,Legend of Zelda-Twilight Princess,Super Paper Mario,Heatseeker,Wii Sports,Wii Play,Wing Island,Mario Party 8,RayMan Raving Rabbids
    Wish List:
    Super Smahs Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime 3, Battalion Wars 2.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads