+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Brawl Tiers

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaRidley
    Wait, yoshi is finally getting a 3rd jump??? Combined with his 2 normal jumps, his recovery will be monsterous!!!
    maaaaaaaaybe. lol he's getting a 3rd jump but how far can an egg throw really take you? lol
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    There will not be an official tier list for a while. Tiers are mostly based on tournament results, so after about 1 year we will have an accurate list. Of course no one will wait that long, so someone will end up making a list as soon as they get the game.

Speedy characters are usually high on the list, so they have an inherant advantage, but Brawl seems very balanced. Heavy chars like D3 have a chance at high tier because of super armor. I bet the tier list will not affect high-level play as much as it did in Melee.

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodkid
    There will not be an official tier list for a while. Tiers are mostly based on tournament results, so after about 1 year we will have an accurate list. Of course no one will wait that long, so someone will end up making a list as soon as they get the game.

Speedy characters are usually high on the list, so they have an inherant advantage, but Brawl seems very balanced. Heavy chars like D3 have a chance at high tier because of super armor. I bet the tier list will not affect high-level play as much as it did in Melee.
    this is true. the game seems alot more refined and professional...and it'd better be after all these setbacks in release dates lol ya quick characters have always been my favorites. in melee its all about CF shiek and fox for me...with a little taste of YC and Jiggs
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    It's funny reading all of this. Sonic was not a high tier and most of you thought he would be. Snake is and will be aslong as we have great Snake players like Ally.

I ain't adding anymore Brawl Friend Codes.

My AllisBrawl profile

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by GCommander View Post
    It's funny reading all of this. Sonic was not a high tier and most of you thought he would be. Snake is and will be aslong as we have great Snake players like Ally.
    Wow, you must have been really bored to look at this...talk about reviving old threads.
    And Sonic could still be high tier...haha, probably not, but he did rise from low to mid, quite something. His metagame has grown a lot.
    In retrospect, I was right about Snake, MK and PT, wrong about Sonic and Olimar. Somewhat right about Lucario.

Currently Playing: Brawl, Wi-Fi Brawl and Rhythm Heaven.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I just came across this thread yesterday. The best thing about Sonic is his Final Smash and speed.

I ain't adding anymore Brawl Friend Codes.

My AllisBrawl profile

Make a record of my heart Cuomo's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1322-2990-1048-5792
    Too bad Final Smashes really have no place if you're playing competitively =/
    Regarding Sonic, his main reliance is on his speed and mindgames. If put in the right hands (as with any other character, but Sonic's a point here), he can be a real threat. Unfortunately, he lacks a decent killing move and has low priority, so he'll still have trouble against, say, Metaknight or Wario...
    I think the current tier list is pretty good the way it is. I think Ganondorf shouldn't be at the bottom (that's for Captain Falcon...maybe Link...), but that's the only change I would care for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads