LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by FWELR
    You've got wavedashing down, I'll give you that. Just one question: Why are you playing a level 1 CPU?
    Thanks for the compliment. There are many reasons why I play against a level 1. Level 9 CPUs don't play anything like humans. They know every move your character does as you press it, which is why their guards are so freakin precise and throw you off. I don't recommend training with CPUs at all, but to showcase how I play I figured a level 1 would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonManX
    Confidence is good to see, and definitely something you should use to your advantage in matches. As for your video, it seemed pretty solid. You have good tech from what I can see but to truly get an idea of how you would stack up we'd need to see a vid of you playing a human.

Marth's down smash isn't an attack I personally use often as a Marth user. Mostly because it leaves you open for an aerial assault.

As I can see from your video you understand that Marth's tippers are important and always keep chain throwing in mind for space animals.
    Wow man thanks so much for that detailed post.His down smash I don't use very often to, but recently playing with CPUs so much gives me an advantage with it. That might prove fatal against a human opponent. Chain throwing I actually never use, but I figured I could get some tips on it. I'm gonna keep practice chain grab now to get it down perfectly.

Member #
    Friends
    6933-4153-8003-7406
    Chain-throwing will help you against the masses of pesky Fox and Falco's your likely to meet.
    Competitive Smash > Casual Smash > Online Smash

WiiLoaded.com Administrator

Member #
    Friends
    3732-3369-2853-4491
    Quote Originally Posted by Zori
    Thanks. Honestly, I usually spam that. But the thought of the camera there got to me and I left it out sorta. Thanks for the Tip tho im gona try to use it more. I find it's best at causing damage when the oppoent is at 35%+ cuz you can get the 2 hits in easily.

@ idjust: What's that smell...Smells like a challenge. Guess we'll just have to wait for Brawl.
    just ignore her, she says that to everyone.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Wavedashing is a nifty technique and you seem to have it down to a T but why not showcase against a human oponent? (Preferably one with skill)

For the record, I have trouble with wavedashing (but also havnt touched Melee in...uh, i dunno, a year?)
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    your fighting a level 1 computer. thats pathetic. If you want to win you should be able to do that to like a level 7.
    SSBB FC: 1547-4946-7686
    A response to "Wii - DVD Compatible?"
    "I put a PS3 disc in it and the Wii wouldn't read it. WTF is this world coming to? If I buy a video game console, it better take and kind of media I want. Even if I were to dust off some of my vinyl LPs, the bastard better work."

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    The CPU is so predictable, even at LV.9, it's nothing unless theres a human oponent, BUT in this case I think he's just showing off what he knows.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Your at a very good level, and this is a great start because from here you can really perfect you game.
    The only suggestions I have would be helpful against a human, not a computer.
    One would be dashdancing. Something you should really put into your game. Mainly for mindgames. Dashdancing into a dash attack. Or dd into a wd and smash.
    Another thing, would be tilts. You must implement this into your game. Make more use of forward tilts, to some extent. And of course the up tilt, and down tilt are both crucial, with many uses.
    You have wavedashing down, but you must learn to use it properly. Quite frankly, your using it when you don't need it. Use it when your attacking, edge-hogging, etc.. But not just randomly to travel around the stage. Would be better at those times to dashdance or maybe SHFFL.
    Other than that just make sure to L-cancel everything, and face more human players. I found that once you get to a certain point, the only way to improve is to go to tournaments.

Oh also, take a video of yourself playing another human, and post it on smashboards, in the Marth section. You'll get WAY more help than anywhere else.
    Last edited by Prez; 01-27-2008 at 10:55 PM.

PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigred
    your fighting a level 1 computer. thats pathetic. If you want to win you should be able to do that to like a level 7.
    Darn I've had to reply to this a lot. When training for a tournament you want to play against human characters. They behave differently than CPUs. Level 9 CPUs behave completely differently than humans. They aren't difficult to defeat, but they take different moves. You can't shffl against a level 9 since it can do a perfect guard and ruin your shffling. It will counter you no matter what and practicing against it will eventually make you worse. I use a level 1 to showcase what I know without everything I do being countered so that I can get the most out of my criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez
    Your at a very good level, and this is a great start because from here you can really perfect you game.
    The only suggestions I have would be helpful against a human, not a computer.
    One would be dashdancing. Something you should really put into your game. Mainly for mindgames. Dashdancing into a dash attack. Or dd into a wd and smash.
    Another thing, would be tilts. You must implement this into your game. Make more use of forward tilts, to some extent. And of course the up tilt, and down tilt are both crucial, with many uses.
    You have wavedashing down, but you must learn to use it properly. Quite frankly, your using it when you don't need it. Use it when your attacking, edge-hogging, etc.. But not just randomly to travel around the stage. Would be better at those times to dashdance or maybe SHFFL.
    Other than that just make sure to L-cancel everything, and face more human players. I found that once you get to a certain point, the only way to improve is to go to tournaments.

Oh also, take a video of yourself playing another human, and post it on smashboards, in the Marth section. You'll get WAY more help than anywhere else.
    Thanks for posting (again) lol. I figured I would get a lot more comments here than on the tourney forums. I'll try to get a video up on youtube, but honestly it probably won't happen :P I would post in the smashboards sections if I wasn't afraid of all the "NOOB" comments. hehe
    Last edited by Zori; 01-27-2008 at 11:05 PM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    In any case, you'll do fine IMO. You're not an old button masher like me. =X
    WiiChat Forum Moderator

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    Quote Originally Posted by idjut
    i'd stomp you...
    i've never seen idjut play but i think she might stomp you. i think your "skills" were way too predictable. but thats just me.
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads