Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    Quote Originally Posted by Zori
    Thanks for the compliment. There are many reasons why I play against a level 1. Level 9 CPUs don't play anything like humans. They know every move your character does as you press it, which is why their guards are so freakin precise and throw you off. I don't recommend training with CPUs at all, but to showcase how I play I figured a level 1 would be best.
    Makes sense. My advice to you would be to practice against some friends of yours who plays as Fox/Falco, to get your timing down properly. I noticed you sometimes missed combos (or maybe you weren't planning to do them, I don't know). But yes, anyways, practice against fast opponents and you should be fine. What is the skill level at this tourney?
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FWELR
    Makes sense. My advice to you would be to practice against some friends of yours who plays as Fox/Falco, to get your timing down properly. I noticed you sometimes missed combos (or maybe you weren't planning to do them, I don't know). But yes, anyways, practice against fast opponents and you should be fine. What is the skill level at this tourney?
    Honestly I have no idea its just an open tourney. My friend saw a poster, told me about it, and we went and checked it out. Guy said last time there were 130 competitors and it cost 10$ to join so i was like eh what the hell I don't think anyone around here can beat me.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    i've never seen idjut play but i think she might stomp you. i think your "skills" were way too predictable. but thats just me.
    Thanks for the criticism lol. When I put "skills" I didn't mean it in a cocky way. If it hurts you that much my next post wont have that word in it.

Member #
    Friends
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    why do you hog the edge? i find that kind of cheap...
    and no, you using skills doesn't hurt me.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    It's a clever way of getting a ko.
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    no it's not. there's nothing clever about it. it's just cheap. if you look at other people who play in tournaments on youtube, you'll see that most of the times when their opponents go out of the stage, they back up some to let them back up because they know that hogging the edge is a cheap kill.
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    idn, it's cheap yeah, but some could say the same about any advanced techniques, i only use it if it's a close match or i'm losing

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    DO NOT be afraid of noob comments from smashboards. One thing you'll hopefully get to notice is that real smashers are ALWAYS super modest about their own skills, and really very nice, and welcoming to newcomers. My first tourney, I got to know so many people. Basically the whole Toronto (my city) smash community. I'm not even a very social person, and I made so many new friends. I got to chill with the best smasher in our city, and he was the nicest guy. Sat down, played a little, gave me tons of helpful tips (the most helpful advice I actually ever got), and was not boastful in any way. Honestly, these guys were some of the coolest people ever.

My point in case I rambled: Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to the community. Post some vids of yourself, get some help, introduce yourself to your smash community (there will be threads for your city, regardless of where you live), and just have fun. It's a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidD
    no it's not. there's nothing clever about it. it's just cheap. if you look at other people who play in tournaments on youtube, you'll see that most of the times when their opponents go out of the stage, they back up some to let them back up because they know that hogging the edge is a cheap kill.
    No one backs up and lets their opponents on in a tournament match. Not any good players, anyway. If you've seen someone back up, they are most likely spacing, to have a better way to attack the opponent when they get back.
    Last edited by Prez; 01-27-2008 at 11:51 PM.

PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here

Member #
    Friends
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    well, the people i saw did that. and i usually back away too because it's not my thing.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Edgehogging is more of a mental slap-in-the-face then a free KO IMO.
    Letting you're oponent come back without wory is courteous, but hardened smashers do anything for a KO.
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    9004-9974-6002-5074
    Was this tournament more for fun/casual play, with no competitive players?
    Because ledgehogging is basically required, if your playing on a serious level.

PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads