LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Having ranks makes the game too competitive and there will always be the same people in the top ten, instead of dissapointing you when your ranked at 12,456,323,786, it's all just for the fun of playing IMO, but I'm not sure if you will be ranked with your friends.

Member #
    Friends
    6931-9171-4108-4849
    I'll try my best here....
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    1. Will it always be 4 players? Can you choose only 2 or 3 players?

2. Is there anyway to check your connection with the other players (ala Strikers) to avoid lag?

3. Will it always be a new fresh game or will you start games in progress?

4. How will lag be? Minimal? Both Strikers and MOH have gotten by with almost no lag.

5. Will the game be region locked (like all other Wii online games)?

6. How will playing online against strangers be any different than playing the computer? No wins/losses are tallied, no screen names are given, no taunts, etc. How do we know that there even is online against strangers? Couldn't they just pit you against CPU's all of the time?
    1. I believe I saw a japenese commercial where two people were playing one on one online. 4-free-for-all has been confirmed, so I see why there wouldn't be 3 playered online Brawls.

2.Yes, there is a colored circle next to friend's names. The circle is color coded to show signal strength.

3.I'm pretty sure you will start a whole new match.

4.Lag seems to be small if any. As Spiff-ssbb stated there was a video on the dojo and it presented a good running Brawl.

5.No, it will not be region locked.

6.Because they have human intelligence. You could probably learn more from fighting a human player than a computer. And I would think it would be more fun. To me anyways. Oh and you can still taunt, just no message bubbles show up.
    The great law of culture: Let each become all that he was created capable of being.
    -Thomas Carlyle

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JLU51396
    Having ranks makes the game too competitive and there will always be the same people in the top ten, instead of dissapointing you when your ranked at 12,456,323,786, it's all just for the fun of playing IMO, but I'm not sure if you will be ranked with your friends.
    Well, I can see your point on the leaderboards, but a simple wins/loss records would be great as well as some other little statistics (e.g., KO's per game, times KO'd per game).

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    thats why we have the numbers stored inside the phone.
    alright, but in order to store numbers into the phone, you have to initially add them

and guess what! once you add someone as a friend on brawl, you don't have to enter their friend code again

woah just like a phone! your first sentence was really dumb on your behalf
    the worser thing is that when u add someone on the wii, they have to add u before u can play. they dont get any friend requests. also, cant nintendo "borrow" ea nation for brawl? it would be so much easier.
    worser? lol

how's it bad? while your getting a friend code from someone, you could give them your's.......

omg and then they're added! woah, such a complicated procedure

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    can someone tell me whrer this ign article is found
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by TJgamer
    I'll try my best here....

1. I believe I saw a japenese commercial where two people were playing one on one online. 4-free-for-all has been confirmed, so I see why there wouldn't be 3 playered online Brawls.

2.Yes, there is a colored circle next to friend's names. The cirle is color coded to show signal strength.

3.I'm pretty sure you will start a whole new match.

4.Lag seems to be small if any. As Spiff-ssbb stated there was a video on the dojo and it presented a good running Brawl.

5.No, it will not be region locked.

6.Because they have human intelligence. You could probably learn more from fighting a human player than a computer. And I would think it would be more fun. To me anyways. Oh and you can still taunt, just no message bubbles show up.
    2. Is that during Friend's play only or also for stranger play?

5. So I could end up playing 3 other people, say, in Japan? Wouldn't that be lag hell? Stranger play should be region locked. There really isn't any reason for it not to be.

6. But how will you even KNOW if you're playing human players? Like that Sak dude even said, you won't even realize or notice when a human drops out and CPU steps in...

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    alright, but in order to store numbers into the phone, you have to initially add them

and guess what! once you add someone as a friend on brawl, you don't have to enter their friend code again

woah just like a phone! your first sentence was really dumb on your behalf

worser? lol

how's it bad? while your getting a friend code from someone, you could give them your's.......

omg and then they're added! woah, such a complicated procedure

oh u know that the friend codes are realyy stupid. thats why u dont see many praise being given to friend codes. it would have been better if they were like 4 numbers but 16 numbers? and u cant realyy compare a phone with a wii. two completely different things. and its not like there isnt the technology to have friend requests sent to someone. people have to come to websites to add each other. that, in my opinion, is really primitive.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    ^ i'm just going to ignore you, as you are too close-minded on the matter.....

5. So I could end up playing 3 other people, say, in Japan? Wouldn't that be lag hell? Stranger play should be region locked. There really isn't any reason for it not to be.

6. But how will you even KNOW if you're playing human players? Like that Sak dude even said, you won't even realize or notice when a human drops out and CPU steps in...
    2. i belive so

5-no you're automatically set up to people in your region

6. again CPU's are different than humans

i.e. a CPU wouldn't use advanced techniques

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    6931-9171-4108-4849

2.During friend play.

5.Edit: MushroomedMario got this one.

6.I see how that could be something to ponder about. But I would think disconnects wouldn't be common. Probably happen more if people decided to turn off their Wii, just so they won't lose. I would suppose you know it's a computer when their playing style changes to that of a computer. Once you play enough computers, it's pretty easy to tell the difference IMO.
    Last edited by TJgamer; 01-29-2008 at 04:30 PM.
    The great law of culture: Let each become all that he was created capable of being.
    -Thomas Carlyle

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    ^ i'm just going to ignore you, as you are too close-minded on the matter.....

2. i belive so

5-no you're automatically set up to people in your region

6. again CPU's are different than humans

i.e. a CPU wouldn't use advanced techniques

me? how am i close minded? i am just stating few facts and my opinions.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Ads