Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Life?......Whats That? =o Pit (Kid Icarus)'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8384-8170-6738-0334
    They said the connection was worldwide. whats sad is it lags only going like 1000miles apart >_>
    I welcome any smash bros challenge with open arms,

......but you might regret it soon after the match.....when victory is in my hands....
    NOTE! If you wanna join The Brawl Smashsters Brawl Clan, Visit our website at
    -No External Links
    MY WII # =D: 8384-8170-6738-0334

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit (Kid Icarus)
    They said the connection was worldwide. whats sad is it lags only going like 1000miles apart >_>
    That's not even remotely worldwide. That basically means you can't play people who are basically outside of your general geographical area. So if you're on one coast, you'd have some lag playing someone on the other coast, assuming that this hypothesis is correct.

Member #
    Friends
    7960-0425-2017-4327
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    That's not even remotely worldwide. That basically means you can't play people who are basically outside of your general geographical area. So if you're on one coast, you'd have some lag playing someone on the other coast, assuming that this hypothesis is correct.
    Well... I played against a japanese on my Mario Kart DS the other day without lag, so it should be able to work on the Wii too?
    I did this signature myself!

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatktchp
    Well... I played against a japanese on my Mario Kart DS the other day without lag, so it should be able to work on the Wii too?
    YEP THAT SHOULD WORK. hopefully there will be no lag based on the experiments by the japanese and ign, although they would do something like ign versus the nintendo office in japan. that would shut all naysayers up.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    Not really. For many people, including myself, the only thing carrying our interest in this game is the online. The single player is pretty much just and add-on to the main portion of the game--multiplayer. Although the game will have local multiplayer (which is certainly great), not all of us are school children who have access to other school children who play video games. As an adult, I personally don't know anyone who would have much more than a passing interest (if any) in playing SSBB.

Therefore, the only redemption for this game (for me and many others) is the online capability, which has already been limited to the point where it is barely even worthwhile. If lag becomes a ubiquitous enemy, it will be the final deathblow to the online portion of the game, and thus the game itself.

So, no: I'm not being pessimistic. I'm just being realistic on the part of significant portion of the consumers of this game.
    You're an adult!?!!?

i was guessing by that AHAHAHAH IN YO FACES I WAS RIGHT ABOUT NO MORE HEROES thread that you were like 12

...at most

and you're not being realistic "the final death blow"

with your logic melee would have already gotton it

You obviously don't really know much about ssb series "single player is just an add on" uhhh no it isn't, the single player looks fantastic, and it's around 10 hours long....unlike halo, and that's only the subspace emmisary, there are other single player options too

wi-fi is just an add on.....

as for what's bolded, that's one of the dumbest things i have ever read....brawl would still be one of the best(both in quality and sales) games for wii even if it didn't have wi-fi
    Last edited by mushroomedmario; 02-06-2008 at 08:44 AM.

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    can you not search for local battles to??

and its not only the distance that matters its that and how god you connecting is and im sure it will work fine with pretty crap conections
    wii game playing: GH3
    wii friend code:1778 9634 2151 5464
    gh3 code:502628796471

CrownedPrince of Skyworld jrty_311's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I'm nervous about online connections in the US. We have much worse service than in Japan. I mean if I can't connect lagless with people in my own state I won't be too happy.
    Want to find local brawl matches and get ranked on skills on 1v1 and 2v2 brawl matches? Then you want a Smash Brawl Ranking. {google dem words in blue to find a nice ad free site}
    --------------------------------------------------
    Bring back King Koopa's Kids Nintendo!

Ads