Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nerfs

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8140-2366-3149-0356

nerfs

thoughts on the nerfed veteran moves anyone?

personaly i think some of the nerfs completely change the strategy of the character...which may or may not have been the intent. like fox and his nerfed upward attacks and his b air. now his power moves are all horizontal making him much more similar to falco of melee then to fox... barring the shine spikes-

on the other hand some of the nerfs were for the best in my opinion. marth is still argueably the best character in close combat but he is now at a distinct disadvantage in recovery evening things out better.

one last thing... WHY did yoshi need nerfing????
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    i think every character should be nerfed until there is no tiers or a better character over another. really, this is what makes the perfect fighting game or RTS or what not, nintendo actually lacks this but no one notices.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    i think every character should be nerfed until there is no tiers or a better character over another. really, this is what makes the perfect fighting game or RTS or what not, nintendo actually lacks this but no one notices.
    this is true. but yoshi was low tier to begin with. they gave him no buffs and nerfed his f smash

The Conspiracy Theorist Vigilante's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wonder if Bowser was buffed?
    Vote for your favorite Canidate (or Wiichat member) in the Presidential race (Wiichat style). Vote soon, you only have 1 week until 2 canidates are eliminated, which he or she could be your favorite, see OP for rules! http://www.wiichat.com/board-games/5...hat-style.html

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    ^yeah, he was. Actually, I heard he's top tier now.

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    you know i cant think of one fighter that crosses my mind as balanced. i start thinking of street fighter 2.... when it comes to ANY type of game being balanced mostly RTS would be on my list so i dont really think its a nintendo thing.

if i think theres one thing they nerfed too much with ssbm and theyve done it again with ssbb its throws.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    My god can no one tell that sovieto was being sarcastic?!
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    well they did nerf alot it looks and do away with so called glitches..

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yoshi wasn't really low tier...low tier would be pichu or mewtwo. Yoshi could actually hold his ground and perform well enough.

Frankly, I won't complain about anything I hear until I actually play the game myself...only thing I really did find awesome was that Zelda got a major buff, she's actually a usable character now.

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero
    Yoshi wasn't really low tier...low tier would be pichu or mewtwo. Yoshi could actually hold his ground and perform well enough.

Frankly, I won't complain about anything I hear until I actually play the game myself...only thing I really did find awesome was that Zelda got a major buff, she's actually a usable character now.
    well he was mid-low tier... either way to me if a character is in that range they shouldn't be nerfed... if anything buffed a little... but it all comes down to personal preference i guess. i was ten times better with pichu than i was with yoshi
    i just think he should have gotten a third jump or use his tongue to tether recover lol... i think in melee he got gimped way too much

Ads