LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4826-4175-7020-5555
    Yea most reasons really aren't that good or dont have a supporting argument backing it up. I mean yea no online rankings but who is to say they wont make any? You never know. As for the online connectivity, I think it will be a little problematic. Seeing other problems in the past with different companies may teach them somethings but there is always a new problem to arise with anything and SSBB is no different. And I'm sure they know the unbelievable popularity of SSBB so they had to of prepared unless they are out of their minds. Most of the other reasons make no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by GC8
    you are incredibly fast at responding...
    GH3 Code:455381349557
    SSBB Code:0430-7946-8146
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    We have ignition Sister.

I love you idjut for this sig!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by iOwnage
    Exactly. The major points were online related, but this wasn't meant to be an online game. People are gonna buy this game for fun with friends and family, unlike MOHH2.
    true, but u can also have fun with friends and family online and not necessary with random people. Just exchange codes, and u don't need 2 go 2 each other house 2 play.

Confiscation of the Mind iOwnage's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8957-2822-1883-9918
    Quote Originally Posted by brawldude
    true, but u can also have fun with friends and family online and not necessary with random people. Just exchange codes, and u don't need 2 go 2 each other house 2 play.
    I know. I was trying to point out that online ranking type stuff isn't that important.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    His points on online stuff are worth noting, but its a little far to say the game will suck cause of that. For me his points are rather poignant though cause my friends are spread out and I'll most likely be playing online mostly. I'm still debating getting the game.

Member #
    Friends
    a couple are good reasons, but not game-breakers.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp
    His points on online stuff are worth noting, but its a little far to say the game will suck cause of that. For me his points are rather poignant though cause my friends are spread out and I'll most likely be playing online mostly. I'm still debating getting the game.
    whats 2 debate, ssbb is the game that every wii owner will have and that every wii owner will NEED. Also some people that dont have a wii will get one just 4 this game.

Member #
    Friends
    4826-4175-7020-5555
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    a couple are good reasons, but not game-breakers.
    yea pretty much

this article should be renamed "The bad things in the godly game, SSBB"

that title is so awkward *Shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by GC8
    you are incredibly fast at responding...
    GH3 Code:455381349557
    SSBB Code:0430-7946-8146
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT]
    We have ignition Sister.

I love you idjut for this sig!!

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    no online ranks? the big problem with random games and no ranks is that some people might start to decide that if they arent winning 1/3 into a match theyll leave with nothing to lose and join another one possibly ruining that one also.

no voice chat? i think thats a GOOD thing. id rather be playing the game then talking and playing.

online problems? thats gonna be a wait and see.

3 guys having the same FS? wtf were they thinking that made this important enough to list. its stupid enough to mention but how much are people going to be using FSs anyways...

button mashing? if they find me one pro button masher for any game ill give them props. LOL

EDIT: besides #1 i could do a better top 5.
    Last edited by Lugia; 02-08-2008 at 10:17 PM.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    stupid reasons.

5) button masher? wth? I've seen button mashers play this game and they fall quicker than lead. The beauty about this game is finding a balance between all the moves of the character, and sure, some stages deal quite a beating, but that's why we have some like final destination and the stage editor.

4) yea...because a lot of people NEVER used the clones...and Wolf is soo similar to the other two. But wait, what really makes it worse...they have the same FSA!!! *runs to nuclear shelter*...oh yea, I'm being sarcastic.

3) This is the only good one, imo...it's Nintendo, and if your connection is not up to date, expect delays. But it's not like the game revolves around wi-fi...there's so many more things to do it's ridiculous. And there's such a thing as playing with friends in the same room!!!!

2) What is so much fun about hearing a 30 year-old fatso with no life tell me I suck in life because he KO'd me? another thing: of those who have played pokemon pearl/diamond wi-fi, you'll know most battles had voice chat disabled, because people just don't want to hear your commentary. It's about playing, not making yourself feel better by bashing.

1) BS. There's no fun in being the best player in your community to later see you're at ranking 3478 because you actually have a life and do something besides playing....and if there was a ranking system...wouldn't americans be already screwed by the fact Japan has it already? it'd be a hopeless case, getting to #1...and that person at #1 would stop sleeping to make sure not to lose the rank. It's like turning a wonderful game into a high school by adding excessive competition.

Plus, Sakurai is intelligent...why add all that online ranking crap and complicate life, when players are going to do it themselves? people organize tournaments themselves, people thus rank themselves, so there's no need to waste budget to have an online ranking system.

Those are my reasons why whoever wrote that article is full of s***. I'd like to see him when he gets the game.

edit: I just noticed my numbering was messed up...whoops
    Last edited by anax4aero; 02-08-2008 at 10:21 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    Quote Originally Posted by anax4aero
    1) BS. There's no fun in being the best player in your community to later see you're at ranking 3478 because you actually have a life and do something besides playing....and if there was a ranking system...wouldn't americans be already screwed by the fact Japan has it already? it'd be a hopeless case, getting to #1...and that person at #1 would stop sleeping to make sure not to lose the rank. It's like turning a wonderful game into a high school by adding excessive competition.
    well whos to say we arent limited to our region for online games. it could be to the average players advantage so that when playing random games you get people around your rank rather then someone who might wipe the floor with you.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Ads