LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Tje whole "downloadable chars wouldn't work online" is intriguing to me, but I was thinking more along the lines of just being able to play as these chatacters in normal vs. and single player, not online.

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    Wow, for a speculation thread made by a member of another message board this is certainly getting a lot of posts

We all know that Sakurai wasn't originally on the bill to make Brawl, and to make it worse they gave him the project without a development team. They screwed him over in a sense. Why the hell would ha voluntarily subject himself to more of the same?

There will be another SSB title; no doubt. I meana hell just look at final fantasy, mario party, mega man, etc. If a franchise sells well and that success continues, then there is no reason to put stop to a good thing as long as it makes money.

Although I am sure we will see many more 3rd party characters included as the franchise continues, (Well hopefully the addition of snake was only a choice of sakurai) with the addition of sonic; well it makes me think that they will do anything to keep the fans interested. Even if it means allowing Master Chief into the next game. *shudders*

as far as DLC for Brawl goes... Not likely to happen.

It would break the rules of acquiring new characters. Let's say someone downloads Cloud, and you play him in an online match. You beat him and then do you get to face a cpu cloud in hopes of unlocking him? Probably not since the other poor sap had to pay $5+ to get him. So the method of gaining new characters would have to change.

Oh and another reason why this whole new character DLC crap won't happen: Since sakurai was screwed over into making brawl, why on earth would he voluntarily take time out of his future projects, re assemble teams of programmers, artists,etc all to add content to a game he never really intended on working on in the beginning?
    I doubt he'd see much if any money from the sales of theses extra characters. And I'm sure he has other projects on his plate than Smash Bros.

So the whole concept although it sounds good, is too flawed to become reality.
    Last edited by Extra Life Mushroom; 02-12-2008 at 10:42 AM.
    NiGHTS Friend code: 1633-3288-9171
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend code: 1633-3900-0312

Member #
    Friends
    Thats freaking kickass.

I can think of a few characters that would make me orgasm just thinking that they'd be playable characters.

Member #
    Friends
    8463-4087-6135-8251
    The Brawl DLC sounds nice, but i'm just wondered about the amount of memory that has to be in the content. The channel may be free, but the content will cost money and storage, lets hope that by the time nintendo actually does this, we'll have a hard drive.
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Code:4639-8634-4092
    Super Mario Strikers: Charged: 180495-452629

Member #
    Friends
    It looks like there is hope for Sora yet!!!!!!!!

And I predict the price of the extra content will be:

1000 Wii Points for characters

800 Wii Points for stages

250 Wii Points for music

100 Wii Points for Trophies

50 Wii Points for Stickers
    Call of Duty: WaW Wii Friend Code:090375535113

Henshin A Go Go Baby! Vedelkin10's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Please dear god let this be true D:

Wiichats Idiot Identifier balrogs.pa's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Life Mushroom
    It would break the rules of acquiring new characters. Let's say someone downloads Cloud, and you play him in an online match. You beat him and then do you get to face a cpu cloud in hopes of unlocking him? Probably not since the other poor sap had to pay $5+ to get him. So the method of gaining new characters would have to change.
    Another good point, it would break the reason why you would play over 1500 matches. instead all you would have to do is buy the character.
    Mario Kart DS 438194819390
    People i respect on this forum: Atomic,Santa Claws,Frogger,Cyan,Levesque, Balrogs.pain, Shoko, MushroomedMario, sremick
    I make my avatars/signatures!

Spoiler Alert!

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I refuse to believe this.

1. This is Nintendo we're talking about, right?
    2. Downloading extras will hurt the next Brawl game because they won't have as much time to work on it.
    -This IS Nintendo we're talking about, RIGHT?

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    You can still hope!! And I'm not going to be happy if the characters are all nonames and clones....
    Wii games:
    Super Mario Galaxy,Legend of Zelda-Twilight Princess,Super Paper Mario,Heatseeker,Wii Sports,Wii Play,Wing Island,Mario Party 8,RayMan Raving Rabbids
    Wish List:
    Super Smahs Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime 3, Battalion Wars 2.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    My guess is that people just kept making this story better and better as it went along.

A Brawl channel wouldn't be too big of a surprise; Metroid, Mario Kart and WiiFit are all getting one. My guess is that a fanboy decided to make the news a little bit more exciting by telling his peers that it wasn't an average channel, but a download channel.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Ads