Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Why should I try SSBB?

Ok, I have never played the game before in any of it's incarnations and honestly I know very little about it, other than it is a fast paced button mashing fighter, would some of you fanatics out there mind telling me what about SSBB appeals to you and why you play it.
    Ignorance is as ignorance does...

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

SSBB Friend Code 3609-0705-3564, PM me if you add me and please add me I want to play.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    because it's not a game.

it's the game

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Member #
    Friends
    I wouldn't quite call it a button masher... But anyways, its rather obvious why its so loved- everyone likes seeing their favourite characters kick the crap out of each other.
    Wii Owner as of 12/16/07!

Spoiler Alert!

MoH H2 tag: The LS
    LoZ PH FC: 0130 0362 6335
    MKDS FC: 4896 9289 5833
    Please PM if you add me.

Member #
    Friends
    0754-8677-9558-2705
    I've also never played any SSB games but i use to be a huge fan of Street Fighter, so i said y not, I'll give it a tried and see what the big deal is about this game, plus the game has so many things incorporated in it, its crazy and u can see from the videos that there was a lot of thought and work put into this game, even if it doesn't turn out to be the best game ever, I'm sure it won't be disappoint.

~X
    SSBB CODE: 2878-9230-1724 name:X22

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    I don't think we should have to give you any reason to do anything. I think you should rent it or play it at a friends house if you want to make a judgment call about purchasing it in the future.
    NiGHTS Friend code: 1633-3288-9171
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend code: 1633-3900-0312

Member #
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Life Mushroom
    I don't think we should have to give you any reason to do anything. I think you should rent it or play it at a friends house if you want to make a judgment call about purchasing it in the future.
    I'm not asking for a reason to do anything I am asking what it is about the game that appeals to you. It's like asking what appeals to you about a candy bar, is it dark chocolate, milk chocolate, peanuts, almonds, what????
    Ignorance is as ignorance does...

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-

SSBB Friend Code 3609-0705-3564, PM me if you add me and please add me I want to play.

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    It is definitely not a button masher in comparison to other fighters. You can jump all around the place and strategy plays a major part.

Its really just fun to play, its hard to explain. Plus it has a HUGE roster to choose from(most fighting games let you choose like 12 people, this one has about triple that)
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    elron you have to forgive some of these forum douche bags who are in such a state of complacency that they dont know how to explain anything about what they think they like anymore. its a 2d fighter where you basically do what you want but with nintendo chars. what makes it good is your ability to almost infinitely manipulate whats going on in the game with items and chars and so on. theyve added so you can make your own maps to fight on which is going to be a big deal for some people. with the older games it would get boring if you didnt have other people to play with but this time youll be able to play people you know or dont know on the internet. one player mode doesnt seem very important again but its there. its something that if you like lots of nintendo crap and fighter style games its something to give a try. as far as comparing it to traditional fighters like street fighter, mortal combat and soul caliber it kind of sucks but its fun none the less.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Brawl is in my veins Donnyp1141's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8734-5028-0211-6513
    yeah, ssbb is probly the sickest game on the wii and when it comes out theres going to be so much stuff in it you wont need another game for like 3 years

-Do Not Advertise

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Well, what appeals to me:

1. Simplistic controls. One button and direction utilizes a specific, yet unique move. The way the moves are pulled off are universal for all character (although there may be exceptions. This is different to regular beat 'em ups, simply because individual combinations for special moves on specific characters can confuse people who aren't as adept at the game (or lack experience) and thus put them off the game if they're playing against a veteran at the fighting genre.

2. It's packed with features: Both online and offline multiplayer, as well as a story mode, arcade style, customised matches or regular beat 'em up fun. Heck, even tournaments. Basically, if there's something abotu games you like, chances are it'll be in here (heck, even has a butt-load of FMV's).

3. It's versatile: can be played with Wiimote, Wiimote + Nunchuck, classic controller, Gamecube controller, or any combination of the above that you can think of. Add in the fact that you can have personalised settings, to allow you to store and recall all of your preferences allows for less set-up time.

4. A game beyond Nintendo: With the inclusion of content outside of Nintendo's regular aresnal, it's all pretty exciting for people to face off against each other.

5. Potential for more: With the rumours of downloadable stuff like new tracks, arenas and possibly new characters, Nintendo's imagination is it's limit (and that's a pretty high limit).

If you can't find a reason to get it out of those 5 things, chances are, you're:
    a) clinically dead.
    b) not a gamer in the slightest or
    c) too busy for any form of game.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Ads