LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7536-6815-2039-0080
    Acctually... i think nintendo 64 version will still be the best SSB game.

NO DUHHHH BRAWL WILL BE THE BEST!!!!!

lol, im just messing with u Dkw0101 =). scince ure my rival

Brawl FC : 2750-0757-1719
    Brawl NickName : KEVIN

PM me if you add me

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    The thing I'm looking forward most in Brawl (or the reason it's the best of them you could say) is the stage builder and online, even though I haven't heard much good criticism about the online.

Member #
    Friends
    Well, not every sequel (or threequel) is better than its predecessor. So, it's not necessarily a given that Melee was better than the original, or that Brawl will be better than either of them. It all depends on your personal preferences. I like lots of characters, so obviously Brawl is the best for me, having tons (not to mention its the only one that comes out for a system I own). But your reasoning is pretty weak. It'll probably be better due to the advanced technology and advancements in platforms since Melee. Besides, Nintendo must feel some sort of need to have more characters in each new version than the one before it, so obviously we'll get to see how interesting their choices are. My only concern is the Super Smash trilogy is not exactly like other fighting games, and it's certainly not like racing games, so the Wii, a system that depends on its motion sensing, may not be best for Super Smash Bros Brawl. And it's been released for systems with different controllers in the past. Think of how different it'll feel. N64 and Gamecube controllers are about the same, but the Wiimote is a lot thinner and a different shape, so it'll be a different gaming experience, which you may or may not like.
    What: Nintendo Wii
    When: Christmas Morning, 2007
    Games I have: Wii sports, Mario and Sonic Olympics, and Shrek the Third, Guitar Hero III.
    Games I want: Rayman Raving Rabbits, SSBB, Bleach: Shattered Blade.
    Accessories I have: Nunchuck (2), Wiimote (2)
    Accessories I want: Zapper (2)
    -=Join the Waluigi Fan Club=-

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    I know it might not hold true for all fighting games but mostly a sequel are better than the last. Personal taste might play a role, but really when you compare the amount of character and stages of N64 to Brawl wouldn't Brawl have more option for taste?

The basics of fighting games are the character and move set right? In all Brawl the move set of veteran character have remain fairly the same and so the character with it. Each sequel was made addressing flaws of the previous. I can see why a person might like one over another, due to certain character attachment, etc. but can they really say the predecessor is better when they list pros and cons of each?

I agree that with SSBB the game is drifting further away from your regular fighting game so what I said (about fighting game depending on characters, etc.) might not hold true for the next release. That is good though, I like lines being blurred.

As for controllers you can still use GC controller for SSBB along with three other controller option, a smart move of Sakurai.
    Last edited by Douten; 02-24-2008 at 02:21 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    8211-0763-7929-1645
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek4wii
    My only concern is the Super Smash trilogy is not exactly like other fighting games, and it's certainly not like racing games, so the Wii, a system that depends on its motion sensing, may not be best for Super Smash Bros Brawl. And it's been released for systems with different controllers in the past. Think of how different it'll feel. N64 and Gamecube controllers are about the same, but the Wiimote is a lot thinner and a different shape, so it'll be a different gaming experience, which you may or may not like.
    that whole argument gets cut down by the fact that they let you use the GC controler
    I left wii-chat in the 09 disaster

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by toomstone
    that whole argument gets cut down by the fact that they let you use the GC controler
    good point

Xbox Live Gamertag: Rocketman291
    Let me know if you wanna play Call of Duty: World at War or Halo 3.

Wii60

Member #
    Friends
    3156-1824-0023-3057
    i'll have to get a feel for the controllers to dcide which ones to use, so far it's a tie between GC and WR+N

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks manred for the sweet avy.
    My SSBB code is 5284-1090-0218 name is DYXAN, please message me if I am ever added

Member #
    Friends
    1187-4697-8660-7282
    Can't wait to try out some of new charactors like Pit and Meta Knight

Thanks for the sweet sig Idjut!!!
    MoH:H2 persona: WOAguitar
    BRAWL FC: 0387 8579 8928

Member #
    Friends
    I think it will be the best in the trilogy. Normally they say you can't beat the first series or episode in a trilogy, but brawl will most probably be the best.

Member #
    Friends
    3156-1824-0023-3057
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosoo
    I think it will be the best in the trilogy. Normally they say you can't beat the first series or episode in a trilogy, but brawl will most probably be the best.
    i agree except, melee smashed down the first one already.

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks manred for the sweet avy.
    My SSBB code is 5284-1090-0218 name is DYXAN, please message me if I am ever added

Ads