Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: clones

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    i'm kinda in the middle but edging towards clones. I'm not totally for "clone". I don't know what to call them because "clone" is a little harsh because it would mean they are exact copies. I don't believe there are any characters that are clones but I do believe that some character's movesets are too similar for me and not original enough. Like, fox, falco, and wolf have lasers, shine, and same up-b but all three play so differently. Don't quote me though, I don't know enough of Brawl. And like marth and roy (in melee) have essentially the same moves but roy had some fire.

I guess i'm for not clones but I do believe that some characters have similar movesets, characters that Nintendo should have made original movesets for.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugia
    theres definately clones. lucas, toon link ect. dont feel like going hardcore into the "clone wars" talk. haha

AGREE TO DISAGREE

First thats what she said to the underlined bold italized sentence above

Ontopic: I guess Lucus and Falco are closest thing to clone sence move are similar and Final smashes are very close and almost exact to other characters, But they do play differently

Quotes I Like:

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    In England it's more sociably acceptable to be gay is what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athronox View Post
    PrinceLink IS superior................

Member #
    Friends
    I say B button and fs clones not A smash button clones / charecteristics such as speed and power.

no clones list

Thank for the nice sig MikemasterM1

Wii online : 5641-0493-8594-3830
    pokemon platinum: 0259 6173 2215 name Trey
    Poke Diamond FC: 2192 3518 7613 name Ryan

Member #
    Friends
    1845-5637-0100-6103
    Captain falcon is not a clone ganadorf is the clone. He is a gooky dufas that is just liek captain falcon , but fatter and a lot slower. Captain Falcon used to be the fastest in the game till sonic came.

=( Blooper isnt in Brawl Nick Atack's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I believe there ARE Clones,but not EXACT Clones....
    There are differences in moves and Final Smashes.....
    Last edited by Nick Atack; 02-26-2008 at 06:34 PM.
    ~Join The Blooper Fan Club! (BFC)~
    Spoiler Alert!

Thanks to Darkprinny for this new Sig!!!
    I am in Antarctica with a Condo.There are many Penguins here...
    I am playing Super Blooper Galaxy.

Member #
    Friends
    7584-1766-4453-7887
    Quote Originally Posted by waluigi123
    Captain falcon is not a clone ganadorf is the clone. He is a gooky dufas that is just liek captain falcon , but fatter and a lot slower. Captain Falcon used to be the fastest in the game till sonic came.
    Okay first of all, "Gooky dufas"? Does that even make sense to you?

Second: If the reason that you are calling Ganondorf a clone is because CF was(Melee) and is in the starting roster and Ganondorf came after(had to be unlocked) then that is a really weak point. The reason Ganondorf wasn't in the starting roster is because The Legend of Zelda already had 2 playable characters in the SR, Link and Zelda. Nintendo didn't want to fill the starting roster with just their two best selling games (Mario series and Zelda series) they wanted variety.

Thirdly: CF is lucky to be in Smash, at least lucky compared to Ganondorf. Nintendo wanted to put characters in Melee that most of their audience would recognize and enjoy. So they looked at the two best selling series', Mario and Zelda. The Mario series has tons of characters in Melee and Brawl because (most if not) all of Nintendo fans recognize them. Same with the Zelda series, only, Nintendo didn't have as much choice in who to choose to put into the game. Link and Zelda were a given and so was Ganondorf but that was it so they put Young Link in (Young Link should have been replaced by Skullkid). If you take a look at how many people know of Ganon or Ganondorf and compare it to the number who know of Capt. Falcon. I swear to you that Ganondorf is more popular with the numbers.

Finally: Ganondorf is not "fat", the reason he is slow is because he is strong and is muscular.

Your reasons (if any) suck.
    Last edited by Subarnu; 02-26-2008 at 07:06 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    (melee) ganon was a clone because aside from looks and speed/power you had the same kicks and punches. you had 1 really different move which was the A forward in the air. he maybe my melee favorite but hes a clone.

i wouldnt call CF lucky. come on even ness made it back in and without japanese spoilers i would of never thought that would happen.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    7584-1766-4453-7887
    I agree that they had nearly the same move list but to say Ganondorf was a clone when he, Ganondorf was most-likely decided to be put in the game b4 CF is just unfair.

If it was either Ganondorf or CF Nintendo would have probably chosen Ganondorf for the reasons I said above.

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    I hear that Wolf is just like Fox except heavier and stronger. Toon Link seems like a clone to me....but other than that I say that characters like Luigi, Ganondorf, and Falco are different enough

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    0795-8922-4951-2684
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoko
    I hear that Wolf is just like Fox except heavier and stronger. Toon Link seems like a clone to me....but other than that I say that characters like Luigi, Ganondorf, and Falco are different enough
    What he said.
    No clones at all.
    NEW JERSEY SSBB PLAYERS COME HERE
    HTML Code:
    http://www.wiichat.com/atlantic-north/55414-new-jersey-ssbb-players-post-here.html

Ads