+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: clones

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    I don't know what to call them because "clone" is a little harsh because it would mean they are exact copies.
    i got a new word. offspring.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    yes, i believe that all charaters in brawl are too different to be considered clones

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    to Subarnu: i think their difference in speed and agility made them way too different to be clones even if they have very similar movesets. and your right if CF wasn't in smash 64 i would have no clue who he was. ganon on the other hand is a classic. but i dont believe CF is lucky to be in the series. they pretty much took every game they wanted to advertise and made one or two characters a fighter haha. with regards to melee however. legend of zelda actually had 3 characters. sheik has always been viewed (by nintendo) as a completely seperate character

to hicks31: i feel the same. and the fact that the spacies all have similar specials to me seems fitting... why would they have specials foreign to each other? do you really think they'd know different specials all coming from the same space ship? its like a star wars character weilding an ax.

to COLDshiver:
    yes these are similar. but like i said to hicks. if they are from the same game or series does it not make sense that their specials look the same? nobody complains that mario and luigi have similar specials because it makes sense that the brothers would be alike. such should be the same reasoning with the other series' to me.

to PrinceLink:
    dont know if you know this already but dojo released the falco unlock the other day showing his moves. he is now nothing like fox in close combat. and lucas has a tether recovery. to me toon link is the closest.. but once again difference in speed makes them too different to be clones for me

to waluigi123: not sure what a 'gooky dufas is'.. but he's pretty different to me... i main CF but get owned with gano

to Shoke:
    i've seen some wolf videos and he has a unique ground attack move set and i THINK his arials are too. watch a vid. his f smash has super range. other than that i agree with your post

to KTIGZ: short and sweet lol your on the list

to Lugia: offspring is a good way to describe it lol

to mushroomedmario: i'm with you on that one. your on the list
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    I think they are not exact clones, but more like different versions of the same product.

They all have unique subtle nuances about them, different b moves, different weight, speed,power,etc. But the fact that the core game play of certain characters feel strikingly similar shouldn't be ignored IMO.

If they had given the characters more thought, and coded them all originally, they could have made the game a much better experience. But they'd rather take the same coding for a previous character, tweak it, and slap a new skin on the sprite and rename it.

I think the whole reason for this endless debate is due to lack of creativity and time constraints on Sakurai's part.

It's easier to modify and existing idea and market it as a new concept; rather than create a whole new concept from scratch.

So in a nutshell I think yes there are clones; although I'd call them sommething else personally.
    NiGHTS Friend code: 1633-3288-9171
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Friend code: 1633-3900-0312

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    starts chant *there are no clones there are no clones*(hoping next person will continue chant)

So lets go!~~Zohan

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    I used to call them clones back in melee. Now I'm calling them quazi-clones. They're different enough to be different characters, but I wish Sakurai had taken the next step.
    Overall though, I don't think they're clones.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    brings back chant *there are no clones there are no clones*

So lets go!~~Zohan

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    to Extra Life Mushroom:
    thanks for your post i put you on the list. however i disagree with your reasoning. the core gameplay LOOKS strikingly similar but doesn't FEEL similar at all. play five games each of fox then falco, or CF then gannon. they FEEL opposite in many ways. and correction its actually their a button moves that set them apart from each other. but people in this forum like to focus on the visuals and specials so they are believed to be clones by many.

on the visual aspect. as you say they are different skins of each other... but why not? should falco and fox really have completely different coding if they are both the same creature? same with link and toon like. if they are similar characters in their original stand alones why not in smash?

to luigi man: chant continued *no clones, no clones, no clones* lol

to GigaRidley:
    what do you think the next step would have been?

=( Blooper isnt in Brawl Nick Atack's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    OK,I think they are "Kinda" Clones..........Different enough to be cool and original, but still a very similar moveset......
    ~Join The Blooper Fan Club! (BFC)~
    Spoiler Alert!

Thanks to Darkprinny for this new Sig!!!
    I am in Antarctica with a Condo.There are many Penguins here...
    I am playing Super Blooper Galaxy.

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    ^ anyone in preticular your refering to or everyone considered a 'clone'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads