Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: clones

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7584-1766-4453-7887
    lol, How would Ganondorf do his FS with a sword? He would have to put it away and then transform. It would be really cool but I prefer Ganondorf only using his hands.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    Yeah I think the reason why Ganon doesn't use a sword is because they want to show his strength (his part of the triforce) If he has the sword then it wouldn't make him seem as strong since he relies on a weapon.

I am sort of disappointed that no more new unique character shows up, but it's not a big deal. He removed Pichu, Roy, and Young Link, what people considered clones, and replaced him with new spinoff of characters, Lucas, Wolf, Toon Link. So in all honesty it's not "more clones."

Member #
    Friends
    But they did add characters with new move sets like Zero Suit Samus, Meta knight, Pit, Olimar, and Dedede. However you could stay pit is kind of similar to Link for one because he has a bow, his shield blocks projectiles, and he uses his sword.

4 more days
    GO SWORD CHARACTERS!
    I own:
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Guitar Hero 3
    Metroid Prime 3
    Twilight Princess
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 3566-1195-4866

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    Quote Originally Posted by zapasant93
    there is no such thing as clones in my opinion, the only thing i consider clones are when 2 people are using different characters, but even then it cant be called clones, because 2 people have different fighting styles. so, for me, to be classified a clone you have to be the exact same, technique, looks, strategy and streangh, and thats just almost impossible to accomplish

similar is a different story
    not ENTIRELY sure on what you mean by bolded parts but for the rest of it i agree with you. different playing style to me means different character.

to Subarnu:
    haha ya that;d be wierd... why luigis? haha
    and exactly. a move that looks the same but does something different should mean new move... like if you wanna get technical with cloned moves then the following characters are all clones because they all have the same looking n air with varrying reactions:
    mario
    luigi
    sheik
    samus
    fox
    falco
    jigglypuff
    link
    toon link
    wolf
    yoshi

and are kirby, dededee, jiggly, and pit all clones because they all have 5 jumps? lol i dont think anyone would go so far as to say so.

if you go by move set alone there is NO character with a completely unique move set. there just arent that many things a character can logicaly DO. so those basing their opinion off move sets alone are really basing them off of appearance and not actual move sets because the biggest part of a move isnt what it looks like. its what it does

oh and one more thing to you. Ganon's terribly difficult to use against fast characters i've found lol but maybe thats just me not knowing him well

to VidyaVince:
    Pretty sure that the only "subtle" different other then looks/effects is that Gdorf is heavy/slow, while Falcon is the opposite.
    no those are the obvious differences.
    the subtle ones are in move sets. his f-air is a punch not a knee. and his directional special grabs instead of having knock back. up tilt charges. things like this are the subtle ones

to gallabr12:

about mario-luigi
    your wrong about their move sets. i'll go through their a button moves for you

mario's f smash is his super punch
    luigi's is a karate chop

other smashes are the same but luigi's d smash has more range

airials:

n air same but once again luigi's is longer

mario's f air is a huge punch that spikes if you sweet spot
    luigi's is a karate chop thats super fast

all other arials look the same.

but once again this comparason was in appearance ONLY. ... in their effect on the opponent ALL their moves are different... ps... in appearance their up and n b moves look exactly the same so if you meant in their effects reply to this and i'll compare those for you

and about your comment on pit... thats like saying he's a clone of snake because his up b does no damage and can be gimped lol sorry man. dont understand your logic

to Douten:
    cant lie i wish he didn't take pichu out. so much fun to use... sucked a bit but still super fun
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    There are clones.

Please feel free to contact me for any SBTourney related questions at:
    mingus@smashbrostourney.com

Member #
    Friends
    7774-1099-9685-0852
    i just dont like the fact that fox, falco, & wolf all have the same final smash...to me that just represents laziness on nintendo's part, i think that toon link should have had a diff FS than link too, like the hurricane spin for example, he could have just spun around wildly on the stage and the user would have some slight control over which direction he moves in
    wii number: 7774-1099-9685-0852
    gh3: 137553634571
    ssbb: 1547-4901-6379

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    to Mingus:

...explain why?

to 13ofHEARTS:

i agree on the FSA's that more effort could have been put into making them unique. but with those we have to remember that even though they are cool and wicked to have in the game, as an item that can be turned off they are NOT the focus of the creators so if anything i'm glad they spent more time on tweaking the game and slacked a little in that department. and what list do you want to be put on
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    7774-1099-9685-0852
    put me on the list for "no, there arent clones"
    wii number: 7774-1099-9685-0852
    gh3: 137553634571
    ssbb: 1547-4901-6379

Member #
    Friends