LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3732-3369-2853-4491

Wii+USB Fan+Brawl= Disc Error?

So everyone knows about the disc errors japanese players got when booting up brawl. do you think this will happen in the US? also do you think a USB fan would increase or decrease the chances of this, by cooling the system off, or would it tax the system, use more energy and cause it to happen sooner??
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    powered USB devices won't tax the CPU/GPU/RAM

the power these devices draw doesn't pull from the the small power requirements of the chips...

but then... i'm not savvy on the boot issue... maybe that's what firmware v3.2 is for?

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Yea, the fan doesn't effect performance really but it does use up power. My theory is: Because the power supply can only give out so much power, i'm not exactly sure how much, the fan could be sucking up too much power so the cpu and gpu are being underpowered, which is bad. The better the graphics are, the harder the CPUs must work, which means more power is needed. Without the fan, the power supply will definitely be able to supply enough power but with the fan leeching off of it, it might not get enough. So if this happens, the game will either slow down and you might get artifacts on your screen and such or a crash. Just a theory.

Member #
    Friends
    USB should only pull 5 volts, and in most cases, when a fixed system (like a laptop or game system) is made, they are given a power supply system that is greater then the maximum demand. So in reality, it should never be an issue.

I didnt design the Wii so I cant know for certain, but it would be common sense for the power supply to provide enough power for all device ports and system components without issue.

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    can one of you show an article on what youre talking about? all i find is articles on dirty lasers having problems with the dual layer dvd.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnuts
    USB should only pull 5 volts, and in most cases, when a fixed system (like a laptop or game system) is made, they are given a power supply system that is greater then the maximum demand. So in reality, it should never be an issue.

I didnt design the Wii so I cant know for certain, but it would be common sense for the power supply to provide enough power for all device ports and system components without issue.
    yes, that is what every hardware developer should do. But you never know what they do to cut costs, make it more efficient, etc.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver
    yes, that is what every hardware developer should do. But you never know what they do to cut costs, make it more efficient, etc.
    True, but hopefully they are good, I believe in Nintendo. A good example of cost cutting would be my Toshiba laptop. It has 2 usb ports, 1 on each side. 1 is labelled with a little lightning bolt designating power, the other isnt.

Member #
    Friends
    4614-1471-6665-4276
    well its been confirmed that the japanese booting issue wa because of dust on the lense. if you get this problem you have to send your wii to nintendo for cleaning.

Ads