LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    everyone mis interpreted that interview. he was refering to characters. he's already said on dojo that you can download stages that others have made. so about stages and characters taking up too much space that theory is out the window... how would that be possible in a game with a stage creator? :S
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaRidley
    Actually, I just reread the article, and Sakurai actually says that there are no plans CURRENTLY for downloadable content. So we'll have to wait and see.
    But personally, the game's so full of awesome features that no DLC isn't a big loss.
    no, not "currently"

Masahiro Sakurai: No. There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion. And I may be mistaken here, but the Wii doesn't have a hard drive -- it's a disc-based system -- so I don't think we'll be doing that, I don't think it's going to happen.
    There's the plain facts, straight from Sakurai.

Can't you guys just understand? No means no. There's no "ifs", "ands", or "buts", and no "currently" or "think" or "maybes". He said it directly. Again, I will reiterate:

There are no characters that can be unlocked via connecting to WiiConnect24 or interacting in that fashion.
    Source

But, it's a shame. I really wish there were dlc :/ The game has so much potential, but if you think about it: there's already so much potential and the game is already so big (content wise). I'm already happy on what a great job they did, dlc or no dlc.
    Last edited by COLDshiver; 02-27-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    [QUOTE=COLDshiver]

Can't you guys just understand? No means no. There's no "ifs", "ands", or "buts". He said it directly. Again, I will reiterate:

QUOTE]

He said they can't be unlocked maybe there be unlocked and download

Quotes I Like:

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    In England it's more sociably acceptable to be gay is what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athronox View Post
    PrinceLink IS superior................

Member #
    Friends
    2243-5630-5304-4826
    sounds ridiculous but hey maybe

*SSBB-2277-6295-7846*

Member #
    Friends
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    [QUOTE=PrinceLink]
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDshiver

Can't you guys just understand? No means no. There's no "ifs", "ands", or "buts". He said it directly. Again, I will reiterate:

QUOTE]

He said they can't be unlocked maybe there be unlocked and download
    Yes, unlocked via wiiconnect24, which is Wii's download/online service. So no downloadable characters.

but noone is sure if there are new unlockables in the US version. The japanese version's files have been thoroughly checked and there are no new characters other than the 35, only partially made characters

Member #
    Friends

ssbb updates

i don't think that new characters would be any good if updated online..they would be 2 rushed, and could easily unbalance the games mechanics and lower quality, same with levels. But... the online mode is really lacking with anything competitive, i feel that Nintendo should include an update which allows rankings, stock battles vs randoms, the ability to add a random opponent's game code with a click of a button. I know that the emphasis of ssbb is more on fun than winning, but i'm sure that alot of us would really appreciate a ranking system, one which isn't compulsory, but there when u want. i'd just like a choice

and if u really don't want to fight competitively, then don't download the update

Member #
    Friends
    7960-0425-2017-4327
    Quote Originally Posted by vashivihan
    no need to say sorry for saying something u didnt know about. remember, there is no such thing as stupid questions.
    Yes, there is.

"Is Mario in SSBB?"
    I did this signature myself!

Ads