LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7584-1766-4453-7887
    lol Wait till you play the game. You will find at least one person you like and you will main him/her. You will completely forget or ignore the other characters FS' and will concentrate on your own. If anything you will find someway of avoiding Ness' FS and you can use that same strategy on Lucas. Once you find out how to avoid the "cloned" FS' you will be glad that they are in fact cloned because then you will know how to avoid 2 FS with half the effort.

Member #
    Friends
    6396-1679-5264-9815
    Spoiler Alert!

:: Call of Duty World at War FC ::
    :: 309433315990 ::

:: Skype = xx_smiles ::

Member #
    Friends
    2577-8183-4604-5304
    I ain't hating ya, man. I know what ya mean. A few too many final smashes look the same to me.

Link and Ike-beat opponent repeatedly with sword
    Bowser and Wario- powered up version of self
    Pikachu and Sonic-fly around uncontrolably
    Yoshi and Diddy-fly around and shoot people

Plus Lucario is just Mewtwo anyway, why bother changing him?
    Last edited by PKU4GOOD; 02-28-2008 at 02:11 PM.
    Bite my shiny, metal ass, Meat-bags!

thank you idjut

Member #
    Friends
    Well it's all down to peoples opinions isn't it? I mean you will find some people who think every single final smash is good in it's own way, while you will get some people, like the OP, who think some are disappointing, which is fair enough. Personally, I think most final smashes are decent, but I also think a couple are disappointing. (Peach's, Jigglypuff's, Ness' and lucas')

Member #
    Friends
    2405-6575-0116-3326
    Quote Originally Posted by Subarnu
    lol Wait till you play the game. You will find at least one person you like and you will main him/her. You will completely forget or ignore the other characters FS' and will concentrate on your own. If anything you will find someway of avoiding Ness' FS and you can use that same strategy on Lucas. Once you find out how to avoid the "cloned" FS' you will be glad that they are in fact cloned because then you will know how to avoid 2 FS with half the effort.
    Well its not even going to be an issue for avoiding them, because half of these moves are just... easy to avoid.
    Spoiler Alert!
    especially.
    And the other issue is that I don't 'main' any character, but play different characters each round to keep things interesting. I just wish that they had made them a little more... difficult to use but effective.
    They were touted as being the huge change between Brawl and Melee, and I just don't see it. Instead its just one more thing to randomly spawn to make things "wacky and fun!" /end quotation fingers

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure I'll end up just not using the smash ball in the first place, so using/avoiding FS's won't even be an issue.

Unless items are always on during online matches, in which case I'll quit my bitching and use them just like everyone else.

!S

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    You can't really say they're easy to dodge until you actually play the game. It might look like it's easy on video but who knows what will happen in game play. It might look like it's easy one a 1vs1 but what about FFA?
    I don't think final smash is the thing that separates SSBB from SSBM, it's just enhances game play. If you don't like items I can see why you don't like final smash, but other then that it's a fine addition. You can say the same thing about capsules, they're just like a powerful Pokeball, but that's what makes the game all more fun.

Member #
    Friends
    2405-6575-0116-3326
    Quote Originally Posted by Douten
    You can't really say they're easy to dodge until you actually play the game. It might look like it's easy on video but who knows what will happen in game play. It might look like it's easy one a 1vs1 but what about FFA?
    Actually I think it'd be about the same, if not easier, in FFA because then everyone else's focus is on the person with the Final Smash.
    Not to mention that there's a good chance that with 2 other targets, you might not even be the target of the FS.
    Probably the most effective way to implement a FS would be in a 2v2 team battle, because then the team could work together to use the FS best.
    Or maybe when one person has the FS in FFA, an opponent could sabotage another person into getting hit by the FS without getting hit themselves...
    Still, I think its something that the game could do without. Just another bell/whistle.

You are right that I won't be able to say anything for sure until March 10, but just from what I've gleaned from animations/descriptions/etc. some FS's hardly seem worth the effort.

!S

Member #
    Friends
    7584-1766-4453-7887
    Douten, Well said!

The Conspiracy Theorist Vigilante's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by flight1991
    Spoiler Alert!

Um... Wouldn't
    Spoiler Alert!

OPer, What your saying is your opinion, and I respect your opinion. Personally I like FS's and will be using them frequently.
    Vote for your favorite Canidate (or Wiichat member) in the Presidential race (Wiichat style). Vote soon, you only have 1 week until 2 canidates are eliminated, which he or she could be your favorite, see OP for rules! http://www.wiichat.com/board-games/5...hat-style.html

Member #
    Friends
    2405-6575-0116-3326
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante
    OPer, What your saying is your opinion, and I respect your opinion. Personally I like FS's and will be using them frequently.
    Very true. I'm not trying to say that other people shouldn't use them, or even that I wouldn't use them. But just that I was disappointed in certain aspects of the Final Smash, and especially with certain characters Final Smash.

!S

Ads