Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Join The Sonic Fan Club! FLYNNN's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0204-2578-2014-7346
    Who plays 4 Stock FFA? 5 Stock FFA is where it's at, items on Very Low. Everyone knows that.
    Currently Owned Nintendo Games: Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Guitar Hero III, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

-=Join the Sonic Fan Club=-
    Current Members:
    Spoiler Alert!

Brawl Friend Code: 0173-0953-7101

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2405-6575-0116-3326
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYNNN
    Who plays 4 Stock FFA? 5 Stock FFA is where it's at, items on Very Low. Everyone knows that.

Better check up on your tourney rules sir, its been 4-stock FFA No Items

If I'm playing with friends though, I'm ok with farting around with Items... However 4 has always been about the right length of time for me.
    !S

Thanks to Manred for the Sig
    Brawl Friend Code is
    3652-0199-5002 Stvwn
    !S

Member #
    Friends
    7584-1766-4453-7887
    You can use items if both parties agree

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    Yes, final smash is certainly something the game can do without. So could it do without its many other feature, but if we strip it all of its attraction (perhaps not towards you) then it'd be more a less another SSBM.

As far as FFA goes you can't be sure that the other people hit you towards the final smash, intentionally or not. It'll be specially true in stock matches.

I'm not saying that if a character uses a final smash someone's definitely getting hit, I see weak final smashes as well (DK's). But learning to use it in the right situation is the trick, so there's actually strategies in it. It forces you to learn what best fit the character's final smash (ie. stage, amount of player, etc.) so if the scenario isn't to your advantage instead of going for the smash ball you'd just hop around damage players and try to dodge a final smash. Keeping in mind the game as a whole is probably not balanced, I believe in tier, so weak and strong final smash should be expected.

I don't think final smash is a bad addition. I can sort of see where you are disappointed, were you expecting it to be a move that the character can use? like a limit of sort, that's what I gathered, not a bad idea. Or is it that one of the character you like have weak final smash?

Member #
    Friends
    2405-6575-0116-3326
    Quote Originally Posted by Douten
    I don't think final smash is a bad addition. I can sort of see where you are disappointed, were you expecting it to be a move that the character can use? like a limit of sort, that's what I gathered, not a bad idea. Or is it that one of the character you like have weak final smash?
    I've been following Smash Dojo pretty regularly since the website came up, and so I knew exactly what the mechanics for Final Smashes would be once it was released, i.e. a big move that'll do a good deal of damage / finish off people with high amounts of damage.

But the effectiveness and how the mechanic would be worked into gameplay is what was disappointing.

For some, a super-buff is exactly what their final smash is- see
    Spoiler Alert!
    and thats acceptable. But when the final smash is unoriginal, ineffective, or just plain weak is where I have an issue. Certain characters have a Kamehameha-style attack, or just explosions of damage...
    But the "rain from the sky" FS's seem to be the weakest of the bunch. Sure you can get hit by them, but play against
    Spoiler Alert!
    Even once and I'm sure you'd be able to avoid it the next time.

But, yet again, this is all just speculation...
    Maybe come March 10th you'll be reading a post entitled "OMG FINAL SMASHES ARE SO F#$%ING SWEET"

!S

Thanks to Manred for the Sig
    Brawl Friend Code is
    3652-0199-5002 Stvwn
    !S

Ads