Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    9004-9974-6002-5074

Official 'I have Brawl' Thread

With the North American release a week away, and Japan already having the game, I decided to make this now.
    So, instead of making new threads to brag that you have Brawl, please just post here.
    I will ask that you please not spam up the thread with irrelevant posts. Only post if you actually do have the game.
    This thread should become more popular in a weeks time.

PM me if you need anything...
    Brawl Friend Code: 3909-7181-1115
    Up for a game? Click here
    Up for a tournament? Click here

Member #
    Friends

I got it.

just got it today. my local gamestore got it in early and they were nice enough to hook me up ahead of time. so yeah i got super smash bros brawl earlier than everyone else but... i can't play it. i'm getting the disc read error that japanese gamers were getting. from the research that i have done the cause is from a dirty laser lens. Wiis that have a dirty lens have trouble reading dual layer disc(SSBB is the first DL game on the Wii) but from what i have heard there is no way to get the wii lens cleaned besides sending it to nintendo...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by neo189
    just got it today. my local gamestore got it in early and they were nice enough to hook me up ahead of time. so yeah i got super smash bros brawl earlier than everyone else but... i can't play it. i'm getting the disc read error that japanese gamers were getting. from the research that i have done the cause is from a dirty laser lens. Wiis that have a dirty lens have trouble reading dual layer disc(SSBB is the first DL game on the Wii) but from what i have heard there is no way to get the wii lens cleaned besides sending it to nintendo...
    shitty, if that happends to me i will cry
    Quote Originally Posted by wario2ooo
    without my wii....im just mush

Member #
    Friends
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    Quote Originally Posted by neo189
    they have discs that have bristles on them that clean the lenses. here is a pic of what they look like: http://users.telenet.be/mimesis/lens%20cleaner%20(5).jpg
    they work great. i use it on my PC, DVD player, and xbox360 (havent needed to use it on my Wii yet.) you can buy them from amazon.com or any store that sells PC stuff

EDIT: nvm. i dont think it will work. i was reading up on it and it seems that they only work on devices that can play music CDs because it has to play audio tracks in order for the lens to go to the position of the disc that has the brushes on it
    Last edited by The_Mitch; 03-08-2008 at 12:25 AM.

KARPMOD SUCKS
    Moderator @ Wii Chat
    [PM]
    No, I will NOT add you to my friends list.
    [/SIZE]
    Mitch2025 - Stays crunchy, even in milk.

Thanks DBloke for the sig

I miss my weighted companion cube

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Wow, I was just about to make this very thread, except I would have called it 'The Official "I got Brawl and it r0x" thread'. Damn that Prez... always one step and eight days ahead.

*Will edit in three months or so when I, and the rest of Australian gamers get Brawl*

Member #
    Friends
    I get it tomorrow :P, had it pre-ordered since October.
    Games Owned:Wii Sports, WiiPlay, SSX Blur, Super Paper Mario, Spider Man 3, and Mario Party 8

I got my Wii on Sunday, January 21st, 2007!!!

Member #
    Friends
    ive never gotten the "disc read error" on any of my games other than Metroid Prime: Corruption, and when it happens i just keep pressing the reset button till it works lol

I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades.

Member #
    Friends
    yeah it really sucks. all my other games work.. brawl is the only one that won't. theres gotta be a way to clean the wii disc drive without sending it to nintendo or taking it apart myself. someone suggested to me to use a can of compressed air but someone else told me not to use the can but to use an actual air compresser(like that u fill tires with.) any thoughts? my only concern is that the air pressure might harm the lens but it will probably work better than anything else when it comes to cleaning dust out of the system.

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Prez, do you happen to know if any Toronto stores are having a midnight release? Especially in this weather?

Member #
    Friends
    I preordered it before I preordered Manhunt 2.

I will be picking up mine tonight at midnight at GameStop.

As far as the air compressor; be careful with it; it should work with a straight tipped air nozzle. Also, make sure there is no condensation coming out of the air compressor to get water inside your Wii.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads