Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5416-7783-0685-0756

ssbb gamestop midnight launch party and tourney. r u going

i pre ordered it and im going to the midnight launch party at my gamestop and i might play in the tournament

how bout u

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    I'm definately going to the midnight release. Therefor, I am also gonna do the tourney. I'd LOVE to win, the Grand Prize is absolutely GINORMOUS!

Join The Sonic Fan Club! FLYNNN's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0204-2578-2014-7346
    Yeah, no offense but I think the chances of any of winning is slim, I don't think I'm going to do the tournament, it will be hard enough getting a ride a midnight to pick it up let alone drop me off around 10 and than pick me up a 12, and they're probably a lot of people I don't want to hang out that are going to be there.
    Currently Owned Nintendo Games: Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Guitar Hero III, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

-=Join the Sonic Fan Club=-
    Current Members:
    Spoiler Alert!

Brawl Friend Code: 0173-0953-7101

Member #
    Friends
    Not gonna go to the Gamestop one, but there's a local videogame store here that's launching the game.

Have a Japanese Wii with J-Brawl, catering food in from a local restaurant, holding a local tournament (SSBM) at 9PM. Winner gets Brawl + either 2 Wiimotes or 25 dollar gift certificate.

Gonna be fun! I'll be showing up at 8 or so with a few friends and hanging.

Ghost in the Shell Fan Inceptor's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0514-5507-8585-9222
    Yeah I'm going to the midnight release, but not the tournament. Just collect my game, go home and just.....................sleep.

*<==========Thanks to Bliss for signature========>*

Join Ganondorf's Army
    PM Subarnu, Sparx or Inceptor to join

Members:
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaRidley
    I'm definately going to the midnight release. Therefor, I am also gonna do the tourney. I'd LOVE to win, the Grand Prize is absolutely GINORMOUS!

Ok 1. The tourney is going to be towards noon so unless you want to stay there for 12 hours eh, Thats what msot gaemstops said in my region. 2. the Grand prize (LCD TV, WII SYSTEM, NINTENDO GAME LIBARY, $5000) is at the end of round 4 so you will be playing the best across the USA so you probably well face ken and other pro smashers and ya dont think so, there are seperate small prizes for each round

I am going to try and when the first round tourney and maybe second round (If i can there local city) but then i have to go cross country so i would just drop out, hopefully i win, ANWAYS i am going to the midnight release too at 12 then going to sleep

Quotes I Like:

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    In England it's more sociably acceptable to be gay is what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athronox View Post
    PrinceLink IS superior................

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    Sounds like people misunderstood me.
    I know all the rules for the tourney, I checked online. I never said I WOULD win, I just said I'd love to. The chances of me even getting up to the 3rd round are slim at best, impossible at worst. I think I might get to the second round though, the Gamestop I'm going to isn't very well known so I won't have much competition.
    @Prince Link:1. The Gamestop near me said it would be around 11, guess it's different for each store.
    2. I know man, that's why I said the GRAND prize was ginormous. I think the 1st round prize is a free copy of brawl (which means I save 50 bucks, so it's still great) but I have to check that.

Just clarifying, sorry if I didn't make myself clear the first time

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    If my Gamestop has a midnight release, I'll go to it. I still need to call them up. They are listed as having a tournament on the first day, but the store is in a mall...so I reckon it might not have the midnight release. Otherwise, I'll see if the Wal-Mart is going to have a midnight release.

Regardless, I WON'T be participating in the tourny. I'd lose during my first round. I've only played Melee and the 64 version a handful of times, after all.

Member #
    Friends
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    My 4 Gamestops are having midnight launches but I won't be buying until I rent it first to see if I like it. I probably won't as I have never played a Smash Bros. Game before. The review from IGN made it sound that only the online is the good part I will hate it for the same reasons I did Mario strikers charged. If you suck at it you will always lose and where is the fun in that. That is why rental first then we shall see. Glad everyone else is excited.
    GH3- 081731642247 I really suck
    MOHH2-
    Endless Ocean-4195-0089-7111

Member #
    Friends
    6636-1630-0874-1365
    Im going to the tourney about 90% sure. Im probably gonna win it since i;ve been practising at melee. (Lightening Melee so I can predict moves faster)
    My store will be opening around 9:00-10:00. I'll probably be winning for sure but im not sure what charater to use... Im thinking Zelda/Sheik since im very pro with them in melee but then again...I've heard some extremly good comments on Ike being a noob killer his moves look sick but im considering him but im not sure since ive never used him before and am unsure of his moveset ect.
    My store is giving out a Trophy as the prize for round 1. Plus round 2 is right next door to my house
    Arguing Over The Internet Is Like Participating In The Special Olympics, Even If You Win You Are Still Retarded.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl:
    2320-5790-2320

Mario Strikers friend code:
    494028-363289

Ads