Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The One Character That Would've Made Brawl Perfect

Smash Bros Enthusiast islandvic's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3821-8336-1159-5327
    Quote Originally Posted by The Plague
    ...AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST..MEGA MAN!!! COME ON!!
    I really thought Mega Man would be in it. Actually, all the new characters I thought would be in it, weren't lol
    Wii: Wii Sports, RedSteel, Trauma Center, The Legend of Zelda: TP, Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, The Godfather: BE, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario & Sonic ATOG, Alien Syndrome, Bully: SE, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

VC: Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: LTTP, Paper Mario, Star Fox 64, Bubble Bobble

SSBB Code: 5284-1077-2452

Member #
    Friends
    8827-4732-7476-9087
    megaman would def have to be my first choice. it would be perfect if they put the old series in thurr. he could use rush for his final smash and AHH it woulda been aweosome. uhm it would be kool if knuckles was in there too. i think they shoulda put paper mario and pixelated mario as a costume...but w.e

Member #
    Friends
    I thought Link in his Wolf form would have been cool.
    Vail
    Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2449-4337-9611

Member #
    Friends
    So, not really a character per say, but something that they should have done with two of the characters that would have made the game better.

Link and Toon Link should have been made distinct.

As they stand now, they have exactly the same moves. BOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

I'd have made regular link Twilight Princess Link, and given him the ability to change form between normal and wolf form. His final smash would have involved tossing everyone into the dark world which would suck out their life.

Toon link would have been Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link.
    His Final would involve a boat somehow. Maybe like Snakes final, where he'd go somewhere they couldn't hit him, and he could shoot at them with the boats cannon.

Finally, I'd give them different specials. Link has more than just the Bow, Bombs, and Boomerang.
    Maybe Toon Link would get Bombchus. And that cane that flips things upside down. Shoot people with it and they flip and land on their heads. And his Down Special? Iron boots. Make him slow and shortens his jumps, but makes him much harder to launch or throw. Basically a built in Metal Box.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    Ray 01 from Custom Robo Arena. That would be awesome.
    Semper Fidelis.
    Spoiler Alert!

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

^^ Thanks idjut

Member #
    Friends
    2040-6433-9730-8074
    Sat thinking about charecters all day while waiting for my copy of brawl, M-Bishon from street fighter, another sonic charecter and possible a belmont from castlevania.

The Shard of Courage

Member #
    Friends
    8872-9897-2756-7507
    Quote Originally Posted by TiwazTyrsfist
    So, not really a character per say, but something that they should have done with two of the characters that would have made the game better.

Link and Toon Link should have been made distinct.

As they stand now, they have exactly the same moves. BOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

I'd have made regular link Twilight Princess Link, and given him the ability to change form between normal and wolf form. His final smash would have involved tossing everyone into the dark world which would suck out their life.

Toon link would have been Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link.
    His Final would involve a boat somehow. Maybe like Snakes final, where he'd go somewhere they couldn't hit him, and he could shoot at them with the boats cannon.

Finally, I'd give them different specials. Link has more than just the Bow, Bombs, and Boomerang.
    Maybe Toon Link would get Bombchus. And that cane that flips things upside down. Shoot people with it and they flip and land on their heads. And his Down Special? Iron boots. Make him slow and shortens his jumps, but makes him much harder to launch or throw. Basically a built in Metal Box.
    well they arent 100% the same... but might as well.. the only differences is that toon link is faster and hes smaller which makes him a harder target, his spin attack is a bit different by how it hits, when jumping and pressing back A in the air, he'll do a sword swing as apposed to the adult link doing a double kick.. and his upsmash is just 1 strong swing rather than 3, tbh i like toon better cause of the speed but either way theyre basically the same..oh and the down smash with toon link catches them in both, the twilight link just knocks them up
    (no pun intended)
    BRAWL FC:1805-1834-4411, PM me if you add me

---My covers of game music with my guitar---
    -Kraid's lair (metroid)-=-=-Hyrule field (twilight princess)-=-=-
    VIDS ARE ON MY PROFILE (i'll upload more when im bored)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by tloztw
    well they arent 100% the same... but might as well.. the only differences is that toon link is faster and hes smaller which makes him a harder target, his spin attack is a bit different by how it hits, when jumping and pressing back A in the air, he'll do a sword swing as apposed to the adult link doing a double kick.. and his upsmash is just 1 strong swing rather than 3, tbh i like toon better cause of the speed but either way theyre basically the same..oh and the down smash with toon link catches them in both, the twilight link just knocks them up
    (no pun intended)
    Granted, they aren't EXACTLY the same. However, the differences, you must agree, are slightly less than the differences between Fox and Falco.

I just really feel that they could have been made VASTLY different, completely distinct characters.

Link is a variable enough character that if you include two versions, you should be able to have zero overlap beyond the fact that they have swords.
    Especially when you've had two so very different games in the last two years.

Twilight Princess Vs. Phantom Hourglass.

They shouldn't Both have Bow, Boomerang, Bomb, Whirlwind Sword as their special movesets.

EDIT:
    An example idea.
    TP Link
    Link
    Special: Hero's Bow
    Side Special: Spinner (spinning disc appears under link, Link moves swiftly across the ground and does damage to those he hits)
    Up Special: Sword Whirlwind
    Down Special: Transform Wolf
    Wolf
    Special: Some sort of Howl thing.
    Side Special: Wolf Dash (charge attack)
    Up Special: Midna-Reach (Midna reaches out with her Hair-Hand thing and grasps a ledge)
    Down Special: Transform Link

PH Link
    Special: Megaton Hammer
    Side Special: Boomerang
    Up Special: Grappling Hook (Shoots up and grabs ledges)
    Down Special: Bombchu (seeking Bomb)
    Last edited by TiwazTyrsfist; 03-13-2008 at 07:00 PM.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    2040-6433-9730-8074
    I totally agree i feel clone charecters were a little waste of effort when nintendo could have put other new charecters to the series.

The Shard of Courage

Member #
    Friends
    7584-1766-4453-7887
    Why do you bother complaining about clones? I mean you CAN NOT change the fact they have close moves but who cares??? It is a great game quit your whining.

Ads