Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Nintendo

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0776-1080-1950-3003

Thanks Nintendo

A post of mine from another forum. I'm REALLY not happy about brawl online

"In your effort to "save the children" from scary online predators playing videogames you've completely alienated an entire demographic of people.....adults. I bought SSBB in hopes of great online gaming as well as equal gameplay between either mode...moronic "friend-codes" or "anonymous". You failed miserably. What I get as a 31 year old gamer looking to go online for gaming with SSBB is nothing more than a barrier of friend codes, wii codes and a stripped down "anonymous" mode that doesn't even work. Look around Nintendo, kids exchanging codes with other people online and playing is no more or less safe than just letting people connect and play online. If anything, you've made it easier for pedophiles to target kids on boards by making it obvious where to get children's information....RIGHT HERE on IGN, Wii Chat, etc... Anywhere where there's Wii code exchanges, there's kids. Bet you didn't think of that did you Nintendo? Do you honestly think every gamer is still in 5th grade reading Nintendo Power? Do you really think we want to spend weeks collecting new wii codes and friend codes everytime you release another game with idiotic online architecture behind it? I'm so disgusted with the pathetic effort they put into making online gaming easier for people over 18 that I give up. You let me down Nintendo."
    In search of serious Midwest Brawlers! Wii Code and Name in Sig!

Brawl Name: TecDJ
    Brawl Friend Code: 5284-1076-1637

Member #
    Friends
    3156-1824-0023-3057
    too true, all too true.

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks manred for the sweet avy.
    My SSBB code is 5284-1090-0218 name is DYXAN, please message me if I am ever added

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo says: You're Welcome!
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    I'm afraid I have to agree. It's almost so frustrating, that I just turn it off an boot up my xbox360 to play the so easy to use LIVE. Gamers now just want to jump on and start playing, with leaderboards, stats and braggin rights. If someone is stupid enough to try and find someone to attack via online games, then god help us. Don't you think its much easier to find people on forums, chats and other online areas? So your right on that point.

But that being said, brawl is still an awesome game even with the extra work. Since this is the first REAL online multiplayer attempt on a massive scale by nintendo, maybe a small break is in order. But I agree they are moving way to slow in this area.

But also another small thing to keep in mind, WFC is still a free service unlike alot of other online services including LIVE.

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by gamedango
    I'm afraid I have to agree. It's almost so frustrating, that I just turn it off an boot up my xbox360 to play the so easy to use LIVE. Gamers now just want to jump on and start playing, with leaderboards, stats and braggin rights. If someone is stupid enough to try and find someone to attack via online games, then god help us. Don't you think its much easier to find people on forums, chats and other online areas? So your right on that point.

But that being said, brawl is still an awesome game even with the extra work. Since this is the first REAL online multiplayer attempt on a massive scale by nintendo, maybe a small break is in order. But I agree they are moving way to slow in this area.

But also another small thing to keep in mind, WFC is still a free service unlike alot of other online services including LIVE.
    I dunno. I find that this is Nintendo's weakest online game with the exception of Pokemon (was that even a game?). Sure, the game itself is the best game with online thus far, but the online mode...well...sucks.

Normally, I didn't mind the whole FC's thing, as the random modes in the other games have been good (well, that's a relative term...good for Nintendo but light years behind even the PS2 in terms of online gaming). But the random mode in Brawl is so terrible that now I've been forced to work with the crappy FC system. On the upside, a couple of hours of uploading FC's and doing all that crap does get you a nice friends list in the end. Still, now I'm stuck to all of their schedules.

Bummer.

Hopefully, Mario Kart will have a better online mode.
    SSBB FC: 2621-2267-8681

Member #
    Friends
    I suppose thats true consider strikers had at least some kind of stat tracking. Amazing brawl doesn't have a leader board. Just baffles the mind

Del fuego he resurgido {Axtlár}'s Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5200-6176-6963-9732
    Who cares? just add friends and play with them.

The end is near....Or is it the beginning?
    it's THE BEGINNING of an endless fall into a precipice of epic Brawling fun.
    Add me to Brawl:
    FC: 317957548849
    User name: AXTLR
    if you added me, send me a pm with your code too, please.

Member #
    Friends
    The point is nintendo missed a big oppotunity to convert some online players to nintendos console. FC's are a big turn off to alot of people

Member #
    Friends
    id rather have headsets than ranks
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Nintendo:

Nintendo knows that the game could have no online function at all and this game would still sell amazing.

Probably threw the online function in there just to hook the few non-believers.

They're probably going to take their sweet time getting around to the lag problems. If they get around to them at all.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Ads