+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorp
    Games are expensive.
    So are Wiis. Doesn't justify stealing one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Hey I agree and know that its illegal, not saying anything justifies it. My wii isn't modded and I've purchased a good amount of games now. Some people prefer to go that route and some don't.

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    You aren't getting the DRE because your lens needs to be cleaned >.<
    Modded Wiis (unless modded with D2CKey) aren't ready to play Brawl until updates are posted. Wiikey is working on it.
    However, modded Wiis *will* play burnt ISOs of SSBB. Go figure.
    For some reason it's hilarious that people who modded their Wiis were so impatient for Brawl, they went out and bought it like good upstanding Ninty fanboys and it won't work. Sell it on eBay and download the scene release is all I can say. WiiZARD ftw.

My ex-boyfriend convinced me to get my Wii modded because he saw how badly I sucked at games (and how I essentially give up on them after maybe two 20 minute periods of trying in total) and died a little inside everytime I spent $59.99 on one.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    My ex-boyfriend convinced me to get my Wii modded because he saw how badly I sucked at games (and how I essentially give up on them after maybe two 20 minute periods of trying in total) and died a little inside everytime I spent $59.99 on one.
    That's what rentals are for.

Last word I saw from the Wiichat mods was that pirating games was forbidden subject matter on these forums. I'm surprised there's so much discussion condoning it now.
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    2937-4259-9208-4198
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    That's what rentals are for.

Last word I saw from the Wiichat mods was that pirating games was forbidden subject matter on these forums. I'm surprised there's so much discussion condoning it now.
    Nobody is giving anybody websites to go download Wii ISOs. If you have your Wii modded, you obviously know what ISOs "scene releases" are, no one has given anyone links to obtain either.
    I'm not condoning or condemning modding...just stated why I have a modded console and why the OP is having problems.

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    modded Wii's have benefits other than pirating

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by idjut
    modded Wii's have benefits other than pirating
    Agreed. But several people have made it obvious that it's not for those benefits that they modded their Wii. And I would dare say that most people who mod their Wii do not do so for the sake of "backups" and simply use that as a convenient cover-story and alibi.

Ads