LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Sending Modded Wii in

I just bought super smash bros brawl last night only to find i was one of the lucky ones who had the disc read error. I have a modd chip in my wii so can i still safely send it in to nintendo to get the lense cleaned? Are there any home solutions i can do to fix my wii?
    Thanks

Member #
    Friends
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    lmao ... u are pwned.... seriously .... your warrenty is voided once they see you opened it .... even if you removed your mod chip ... if I were you i would see if i could download a copy and see if that works... LOL~ no other choice@
    PM to add me to Wii and from there we can add different games!

Brawl: 2921-8766-9978

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    sell it on ebay for big bucks!
    people want modded wii's for lots of reasons. like

as long as you can find another source for a new wii!

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Nintendo won't touch a modified Wii. They'll send it right back to you and tell you you're SOL.

That's the risk you take when you do stuff like that. In the end run it's cheaper to just play it straight and actually pay for your games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    8448-6260-2078-1629
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    Nintendo won't touch a modified Wii. They'll send it right back to you and tell you you're SOL.

That's the risk you take when you do stuff like that. In the end run it's cheaper to just play it straight and actually pay for your games.
    unfortunately thats not true..... a new wii and mod chip costs ~ $350 .... if i tally up all the wii games i have bought it comes to much more than 350 .... probably be enough to buy another modded wii ....

only reason why i won't mod my wii is to have the security of online updates without fear that the wii will brick ... although it would be cheaper to get another modded wii .... maybe i should mod my wii ... sigh...
    PM to add me to Wii and from there we can add different games!

Brawl: 2921-8766-9978

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Anyone who actually enjoys the Wii and wants it to succeed shouldn't be advocating the stealing of games. Not only are you depriving them of revenue, but you're not getting counted as a "sale" towards popularity statistics. Sales and revenue are critical for encouragement for companies to continue.

Perhaps all these Wii thieves should start getting their priorities in order. The self-gratification, everything-else-be-damned attitude is infuriating. If you like it, pay for it... otherwise later there won't even be anything to steal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    1635-5908-0301-7661
    Modded wii's don't play SSBB originals. Google how to dump a dual layer disc and burn a copy. It should work.
    Currently Playing : Super Swing Golf 2, Nights: Journey of Dreams

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    I got an R4 for my DS because its easy to use and doesn't void warranties or anything. I'm quite uneasy with modding a wii. I can't agree that you don't save money though. Games are expensive.

Member #
    Friends
    9999-9999-9999-9999
    i would think that for the amount of games people would normally not buy, but would quickly pirate is considered a savings...

that same person would normally buy few games and if his wii broke he would break even at best... it's pretty unique for each modder, though

click logo to join the...
    rainbows & unicorns clan!

Member #
    Friends
    5820-3895-0352-0420
    Modded systems are more likely to break, burned discs have lower quality and make the system work harder, failure rates rise significantly. The quality of the mod itself is also often a problem. Modding, aside from the ethical problems, most of the time is simply not worth the risk.
    SSBB FC: 3050-7266-1269 - Add me. Msg me with your code if you do My nickname is AWZ!
    PES 2009 FC: 1548-0990-5835

Ads