LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    with it spinning so hard i cant but think somethings wrong. lol. its like i need an old mouse pad for this thing just to deaden some of the noise from all the vibrating on my desk. its 5 1/4" disk drives and 10 meg hard drives from 84' that made this much noise when operating.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    If Big N implemented dual disc I think they intend it to be used it. It probably can't be helped how the drive reads the disc and makes noise. I mean if you ever reset the Wii you hear a little spin noise or something.

As for the dirty lenses, I think some are dirty, but that's not the main reason why Big N urge you to send your Wii to them, free of shipping charge, instead of sending out a cleaning kit or something. I read that some of the drive aren't calibrated to read dual layered disc right, so you need to send them in for Big N to fix that. Some might be dirty lenses, mind you, but like mentioned above it doesn't make sense Big N would go through all that just to 'clean lenses' that could get dirty again if the same condition is repeated.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Douten
    As for the dirty lenses, I think some are dirty, but that's not the main reason why Big N urge you to send your Wii to them, free of shipping charge, instead of sending out a cleaning kit or something. I read that some of the drive aren't calibrated to read dual layered disc right, so you need to send them in for Big N to fix that. Some might be dirty lenses, mind you, but like mentioned above it doesn't make sense Big N would go through all that just to 'clean lenses' that could get dirty again if the same condition is repeated.
    Exactly, a cheap disc cleaner will be far cheaper than a professional cleaning at the Nintendo shop. I'm pretty sure some are swapped out for new parts. Someone should mark their Wii and see if they get back the same one. Or even better, open up the Wii and mark different components and see which one is replaced (probably the whole drive or the lens).
    F U Pikachu

Member #
    Friends
    3517-9799-4262-2418
    that's okay. mine doesn't spin at all. back to the game stop after work again today to exchange it. hopefully it's just a freak disc.

I am fast. To give you a reference point, I'm somewhere between a snake and a mongoose. And a panther.
    ~Argue for your limitations,and they're yours...
    -Feel free to add my wii and send me a message and i'll add you back
    -Mario Strikers Charged: 442495 403215
    -MoH: H2 Persona- DexterMorgan114

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1d33d
    Exactly, a cheap disc cleaner will be far cheaper than a professional cleaning at the Nintendo shop. I'm pretty sure some are swapped out for new parts. Someone should mark their Wii and see if they get back the same one. Or even better, open up the Wii and mark different components and see which one is replaced (probably the whole drive or the lens).

Nintendo sends you a print-out of exactly what was replaced. You can tell if they opened your Wii by looking at the plastic stickers that cover the screws. Nintendo reuses them when they put your Wii back together and they tend to have tiny pry marks on them.

M'bating to Z Suit Samus Atomheart's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1d33d
    Which is why all of a sudden Wii's are getting 'dirty' lenses
    That is EXACTLY what happened with GTA: San Andreas and the PS2 when that game came out. All of the sudden there were massive failures of the PS2's. Well, not technical failures. The game was the first one to use the dual layer disc. All of the PS2's had time to collect dust and whatnot, and the PS2's could not read the discs fast enough to play them.

I don't think the games damaged the systems at all, but the systems couldn't play them.

All I know is that, if my Wii's disc drive breaks down, it better happen before July as that is when my warranty expires (on my second Wii as the first died).
    SSBB FC: 2621-2267-8681

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomheart
    That is EXACTLY what happened with GTA: San Andreas and the PS2 when that game came out. All of the sudden there were massive failures of the PS2's. Well, not technical failures. The game was the first one to use the dual layer disc. All of the PS2's had time to collect dust and whatnot, and the PS2's could not read the discs fast enough to play them.

I don't think the games damaged the systems at all, but the systems couldn't play them.

All I know is that, if my Wii's disc drive breaks down, it better happen before July as that is when my warranty expires (on my second Wii as the first died).
    Actually GTA is a single layer game, it's just that the crappy drive sony slap in couldn't keep up with the constant streaming. It's a lens torturing device.
    F U Pikachu

Ads