Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3732-3369-2853-4491

The Key to Finding a Match

Okay so a lot of people have been griping about how they can never find a match, it just constantly says "searching" and no one ever shows up. I figured out why. I personally play with all items on HIGH appearence, and it stays with that setting when searching for an online game. All I had to do was switch to medium appearence of items and I had a match with 3 other peeps within about 3 seconds. It was crazy. I assume if you want a challenge, the "pros" play with no items at all. Just a tip. Check your items settings, it could be the reason you can never find a match.
    Strikers FC:025884-970933
    RIP: Hidden in Plain View, Counterfit Pennies, The Early November

thanks to idjut for the sig!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    hmmmmm...i had a problem getting anyone to join my matches or joining anyone elses until i did a random match and things worked again because i always had items set off. that was monday night i believe.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    Don't really have a problem getting games, but I sure as hell don't find it that fast. I'll try and see what happens.
    Mod Edit: Image removed. Some users may find it offensive and inappropriate.
    SSBB FC: ????-????-???? (New Wii, so I gotta check)
    Gamertag: T3kNi9e
    Been playing alot of WarCraft III lately, anyone up for game? Just message me, my account is the same as here and GT.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Not the case for me, some nights or days I can't find anyone and then the next day I can. I never change my settings, so thats not the problem. Lately though, play with Anyone Mode has worked exceptionally for me.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Actually I can confirm that it works. The problem is that the item option is linked to your brawl settings. So if I practice 1v1 against AI with no items then my items option will set to None/off in the 'with anyone' mode also.

The first time I changed my options I got all 3 people by the time I selected my map. Then the matching server died after a while.
    F U Pikachu

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1d33d
    Actually I can confirm that it works. The problem is that the item option is linked to your brawl settings. So if I practice 1v1 against AI with no items then my items option will set to None/off in the 'with anyone' mode also.

The first time I changed my options I got all 3 people by the time I selected my map. Then the matching server died after a while.
    I'll have to give this a try when I get home - is there a way to set everything back to 'default' easily? I'm not too familiar with the game yet, but I went to training mode within the first minute of putting the game disk in and yeah, no items, so I guess this setting has gone across the board?

Is it just items I have to worry about? Is there a list of default settings I should be concerned over to get nice quick matches?

Member #
    Friends
    1578-8913-2912-9112
    I should try this. I have tried numerous times but can never find a match...never have. I'll try this and hopefully it works.

SuperSmashBros. Brawl Friend Code :: 0301-9500-3481 | Add me and we can Destroy Eachother

Spoiler Alert!

Join The Sonic Fan Club! FLYNNN's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0204-2578-2014-7346
    The second I read this thread I tried it, within 10 seconds I had three people, got to go play!
    Currently Owned Nintendo Games: Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Guitar Hero III, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

-=Join the Sonic Fan Club=-
    Current Members:
    Spoiler Alert!

Brawl Friend Code: 0173-0953-7101

Member #
    Somewhere... over the rainbow... (actually, New Jersey)
    Friends
    8439-4149-2660-5864
    I get people instantly o.o

Wait, the settings you use in Brawl mode stays with you when you go Online?

Then why is it that all settings seem to go back to default when I leave brawl mode? o.o
    If you want to add me in Brawl, PM me that you're going to (and include your brawl name and friend code). Also, PM me if you delete me, so I can delete your name, too. I need space, ya know.
    FC: 2707-1312-0571
    For anyone who added me in Brawl and deleted me because it still said "Awaiting Registration", please re-add me. It just means we both haven't been online at the same time.

Member #
    Friends
    8480-0209-2306-3955
    my wi-fi has been pretty consistent lately, almost always getting 4 players within 30 seconds!

other than the lag, i'm pretty happy with online play

Currently Playing:
    The Conduit
    Call of Duty: World at War

Ads