LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smash questions

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Smash questions

ok, just got the game today. i figured out how to do all the special attacks.
    (up + B) (down + B) so on. A button is regular attack. they say a smash attack is up + A really quick, but its not very effective. kirby just kicks the opponent, nothing great on that. barely knocks him back. not understanding the "smash" attack. i tried the smash charge and pulled it off once, but it did not do much. i saw kirby flicker yellow and hit someone, but not much damage for a smash hit. so question time:

how do you do smash hits?

how do you do smash charges?

how do you do both of these with using the wiimote shake feature especially?

( i cant even get a smash charge with the shake ability turned on)

how are these moves effective and whats the strategy of using them?

like i said, im learning kirby at the moment, hes an average character and easy to learn. but this so called smash hit, is just a side kick that does crap for damage.

thanks for helping me all. im a noob, i will admit it, but i want to learn.

2. Ads

Mau
    Member #
    Friends
    8829-6844-1117-2743
    Since you have many questions about the simplest things, I am just going to direct you to where you can find the answer.The little book the game comes with... It will explain everything. Just remember, you only send the opponent flying when they have a high percentage of damage.

"Theres is nothing impossible, just men incapable." (N/A)

Brawl FC: 2921-8755-4852, If you add me pm me.

Smash Bros Enthusiast islandvic's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3821-8336-1159-5327
    If you go to the vault I believe, there is a video section. In there you will find the "how to play" video. Very helpful for beginners
    Wii: Wii Sports, RedSteel, Trauma Center, The Legend of Zelda: TP, Super Paper Mario, Wii Play, The Godfather: BE, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario & Sonic ATOG, Alien Syndrome, Bully: SE, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

VC: Super Mario 64, The Legend of Zelda: LTTP, Paper Mario, Star Fox 64, Bubble Bobble

SSBB Code: 5284-1077-2452

Member #
    Friends
    7826-1188-2957-5742
    amen to "how-to-play" in game videos.
    SSBB S/N: Tones
    SSBB FC: 4167 4186 7828

Just PM if you add, and i'll do the same.

Bustin makes me feel good powerpc127's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3083-0092-7721-0385
    This should clear up some issues:
    First, smash attacks and smash charges are pretty much the same thing. Just depends on whether or not you charge it.
    Second, it's impossible to charge a smash using the shake feature. If you want to pull one off quickly, then you would use it. otherwise use buttons.

To do a smash attack, you have to "smash" the control stick in the direction you want to do one as you're attacking. In otherwords, quickly push the control stick in any direction and at the same time, press A. Holding A lets you charge it for more damage. These attacks will increase the damage percentage of your opponent if they hit. Once that number gets up to about 80-100%, smash attacks are a great way to finish off an opponent as they will send them flying.

Thanks for the sweet sig idjut
    GH3 code:051661839119 you're goin' down
    -=Join the 1st Church of Ramen (1CR)=-
    PM Zoro11031 to join

Ads