LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by VidyaVince
    Sadly, no. I wouldn't have even thought up of something like that. I do agree with it strongly, though.
    then whoever did write it is pretty good at making up stuff that sonic thing you would have to guess on or something theres no proof or maybe he is sonic?
    credit goes to MRvisiter on the castle crashers fourm

Member #
    Friends
    8294-6630-1949-8016
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbel
    then whoever did write it is pretty good at making up stuff that sonic thing you would have to guess on or something theres no proof or maybe he is sonic?
    Sonic has been having terrible games for A WHILE.

Brawl FC: 2707-1283-4208
    If you're online frequently, send me a PM that you added me.

Join The Sonic Fan Club! FLYNNN's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0204-2578-2014-7346
    Vince, very nice interpretation of the characters and their places, even if you didn't make it up, I do think that Sonic, even if this is his best game in awhile, wasn't in the Supspace until the very end, even if some might consider him the hero. I'm not going to lie, I liked Sonic Heroes.
    Currently Owned Nintendo Games: Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Guitar Hero III, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

-=Join the Sonic Fan Club=-
    Current Members:
    Spoiler Alert!

Brawl Friend Code: 0173-0953-7101

Member #
    Friends
    Lol'd HARD at Hobinu stealing a dead beaver.

Here's a pretty interesting theory of Master Hand and Tabuu.

Master Hand represents the spirit of creativity necessary to craft beautiful and fun games. He's the visionary, the artist. Without him, all you have is the same tired shit over and over again.

Crazy Hand represents the spirit of destruction and conflict necessary to enjoy games. He's the one who makes the driving reasons to PLAY the game. Without him, all you have is pretentious artsy fartsy bullshit. Lots of fluff, no substance.

In this case, what does Tabuu represent?

Tabuu represents series decay. Subspace represents terrible games. The dragging of things into Subspace through the bombs is the fall of what was once great. No single character could fight such a terrible force, thus, everyone who stood against Tabuu was defeated with ease. Even Master Hand, the spirit of creativity, couldn't hope to even begin to hope to lay a scratch on it alone. Maybe if his other half had been there.

This also, by the way, explains why Sonic didn't show up until he did. He had already been a prisoner of Tabuu's for a solid four-five years now. This also explains why Tabuu effortlessly destroys everybody else but Sonic ****ing blindsides him. Why would you expect somebody you've beaten consistently for four years to suddenly pose a threat to you? Sakurai is saying that Brawl is Sonic's best game in a long while, and he's right.
    That actually makes a lot of sense.
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    It makes sense...not as in a full story but as in the lyrics representing a strong presence of antagonist and protagonist along with old allies, new allies and same with enemies.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooze33
    The translation of the theme is the story of the Supspace Emisary.
    I was waiting for someone to say this...
    SSBB FC = 5026 4101 2537
    if you add me, send me a PM

Member #
    Friends
    Lol'd HARD at Hobinu stealing a dead beaver.

Here's a pretty interesting theory of Master Hand and Tabuu.

Master Hand represents the spirit of creativity necessary to craft beautiful and fun games. He's the visionary, the artist. Without him, all you have is the same tired shit over and over again.

Crazy Hand represents the spirit of destruction and conflict necessary to enjoy games. He's the one who makes the driving reasons to PLAY the game. Without him, all you have is pretentious artsy fartsy bullshit. Lots of fluff, no substance.

In this case, what does Tabuu represent?

Tabuu represents series decay. Subspace represents terrible games. The dragging of things into Subspace through the bombs is the fall of what was once great. No single character could fight such a terrible force, thus, everyone who stood against Tabuu was defeated with ease. Even Master Hand, the spirit of creativity, couldn't hope to even begin to hope to lay a scratch on it alone. Maybe if his other half had been there.

This also, by the way, explains why Sonic didn't show up until he did. He had already been a prisoner of Tabuu's for a solid four-five years now. This also explains why Tabuu effortlessly destroys everybody else but Sonic ****ing blindsides him. Why would you expect somebody you've beaten consistently for four years to suddenly pose a threat to you? Sakurai is saying that Brawl is Sonic's best game in a long while, and he's right.
    Someone dropped acid.
    SSBB FC = 5026 4101 2537
    if you add me, send me a PM

Member #
    Friends

Tabuu represents series decay. Subspace represents terrible games. The dragging of things into Subspace through the bombs is the fall of what was once great.
    I just thought of something too...

Spoiler Alert!
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Member #
    Friends
    The lyrics to this theme are absolutely brilliant. Here's my insight...

Latin was chosen primarily because it is a "dead language." Nobody speaks it anymore. No country uses it as an official language. But it's still useable. That sort of unbias towards modern languages allows Sakurai to make fewer recording translations of the song (someone just has to write the lyrics, not re-record anything), and it shows a lack of favoritism towards any one country, such as his own. i.e., he's creating a greater sense of global community by connecting us all via one of the oldest languages in existence.

Now, as for the lyrics...also genius. It's not quite a specific story, per se, tho it is referencing SSE (and particularly the end of SSE). It is speaking in perspective of a hero (take your pick, there are plenty in this game) who realizes a force so great, he must fight beside other heroes whom (s)he's heard stories (rumours/legends) of, but had not realized were real (Mario and Sonic might have heard legends of each other, but had never met before this game, and could assume them to just be legend). But, this hero must also put aside his differences with his rivals and fight along side them, as well, to conquer this new threat (Mario + Bowser, or as you'll see even the "villains" rivaled amongst themselves...at first...)

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.McCloud
    It makes sense...not as in a full story but as in the lyrics representing a strong presence of antagonist and protagonist along with old allies, new allies and same with enemies.
    SSBB: 5069-3579-2902
    Phrag

Member #
    Friends
    4108-4051-0390-8129
    The ending of SSE makes sense now.
    WII-LESS NO LONGER!
    Spoiler Alert!

DS Games
    R4DS

Ads