Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Who said I hated SSBB?

Anyone who thinks I hate it isn't paying attention to what's being said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalmbrain (Moderator)
    Even if we can somehow keeps this place moderated, eventually the webhosting is going to lapse or something like that, and I doubt i0n's going to be around to fix it. So basically I'm encouraging everyone to migrate over to Link Removed
    Quote Originally Posted by FR. (Moderator)
    i0n just lost interest in this website. And, since no forum can run without an administrator, this forum is basically doomed. Everyone might as well join somewhere else, because if i0n doesn't pay vBulletin, the site will shut down.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by HyPeRsHoCk
    To be honest, any SSB game is not that good without people. You need people to play multiplayer with, otherwise the game is pretty much useless.
    Not exactly, sure its more fun with other people but there is so much you can do by yourself. Classic Mode, Adventure Mode, Event Match and Online Play in case you need a fix of playing someone else when you can't have people over etc. There is enough for you to enjoy and do in single player.

As for me, this game is great. This comes from a guy who didn't like the N64 version, and thought the Gamecube version was alright but would never consider buying it. Brawl just has so much more going for it, it looked so great (and it is). Well worth the money, and its a game that will take you a long time to complete all the way through. Something most of the other fighting titles don't have going for them.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    8272-7213-4018-2260
    the fun is in unlocking and trying to get EVERYTHING. i still yet to see the day when someone gets all (i mean everything) in brawl.

My Brawl FC: 1934-0362-3348

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    heh. when i started playing the first minute i wasnt wowed then again i wasnt trying to wow myself either. i was just trying to unlock **** as quickly as possible. got all the chars in 21 hrs and started to play online. SSE seemed like a real drag even so much so that i wish we had adventure mode again (with cutscenes). they took the challenges idea from kirby air ride which is just another reason to grind target tests and home run contests and completing every mode with every guy. i didnt think about returning it but i did wonder if it was worth a midnight release... final smashes are kind of worn out already. online is the best new thing i can think of in this game right now and that isnt saying much.

im not sure that playing ssbm or ssb had anything to do with it because i did and now im saying it took 6.5 years to give us this? its not that they took something away or didnt add something i could of wanted but its very quickly become the same sort of game i was playing 6 years ago.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sremick
    It's this mentality which is the problem I am talking about. Maybe they just don't like fighting games?

Fighting games don't have universal appeal, even if you think they're the greatest thing ever invented.
    I HATE fighting games but I love SSBB.

SSBB just has a lot more appeal than Soul Calibur with the depressing voice before each stage.
    MoHH2 Account name: CocoSnipe

Games: Super Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Twilight Princess, Warioware, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Wii Sports, Madden 08

Getting: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band (PS2)

Member #
    Friends
    2186-4201-2378-7021
    Yeah, I think SSB is boring. Thats why I haven't bought/rented brawl, and I don't really have any plans to. I might try it if a friend gets it, though.
    GHIII FC: 030179739982
    GH:WT FC: 287929069537
    Mario Kart Wii FC: 5026-4819-3672
    The Conduit FC: 0130-9566-5950

Member #
    Friends
    4185-4226-9233-5237
    Quote Originally Posted by mushroomedmario
    no, actually it's not accurate at all, that's more like street fighter or soul calibur,

the gameplay has tons of buttons to use, the point that the paragraph is making is that you don't have to memorize combos like a, b, z, x, y, a, y, b, down, x

those buttons are still implemented in the game,

it's more like

1. spawn
    2. can't put in one sentence because there are too many possibilities
    3. whoever can land a good smash hit(which could be challenging since there is dodging and sheilding) once their opponent is at a high percentage might win
    (if their opponent doesn't make it back)
    That's like saying to play Forza you hold down a button and push the stick left and right.

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    your playing by yourself... the game is made for the multiplayer action. find some friends to play with and it'll be amazing for you...
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    4005-0628-2206-3853
    People that are saying that Smash Bros. is just an average fighter have not yet seen my self-patented "Nintendo Theory (TM)"
    Nintendo+Classic characters+ zany gameplay= some of the greatest games ever created (you can also multiply the whole equation by 1-3 friends, but that's not always necessary.) That's what Brawl is, and I find that formula to hold true to it. Brawl is one of the best, if not THE best, game I have ever played.
    P.S: This formula also fits with Mario Party.

Member #
    Friends
    credit goes to MRvisiter on the castle crashers fourm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads