LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

SSB not that fun?

I rented SSBB yesterday and played for a few hours. The game has above average wii graphics and good gameplay, but I just found it boring.

I've already returned it, because I just didn't wanna play any more. I read all the reviews and everone seems to be amazed by it. Am I the only one who doesn't like it?

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Pretty much. You probably are missing a chromosome or something

It is acctually kind of an Odd game, Im kinda suprised it has as much mass appeal as it does. My wife doesn['t get it eaither and only will play on occasion.
    It's unique and fun but I could see how some might not like it.
    Really without other people to play with it's not great. You need the multi player to understand its greatness, as with alot of Nintendo's big title games.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    I'm sure you're not the only one, but you'd have to be in the minority. Just out of curiosity, have you played any of the previous games?

Member #
    Friends
    4842-2271-0989-9857
    I am already thinking about sending this back to Gamefly too. Pick a character and fight; win or lose what does it matter? Nothing online gives me credit for the win or loss for that matter. It is just kind of repetitive online with some characters seeming to have many advantages over others. This would be a cheaper way of buying as gamefly only wants $40 for me to keep it and I got this sent out on launch so I know it is brand new. Another reason to rent before I buy. Glad others are enjoying it though.

I have never played a smash Bros. game before this one.
    GH3- 081731642247 I really suck
    MOHH2-
    Endless Ocean-4195-0089-7111

Member #
    Friends
    5563-5262-9999-5897
    The people who didn't like SSBB probably have not played the other two. This game was EXTREMELY anticipated by those who had played the series before, so maybe the game's greatness came from the anticipation/satisfaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimn
    I have never played a smash Bros. game before this one.
    Thus proving my theory somewhat.
    Last edited by Ooze33; 03-18-2008 at 08:30 AM.

SSBB FC: 1032-1053-5722

Member #
    Friends
    Im sure youre not the only one, my Wii is broke i need to send it off cause it wont pull in and eject discs on its own and i postponed that a few days just to play SSBB i think the game is great whether or not its single player or multi player but ive played SSB since N64

Guru of everything Ninty wezeles's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6074-3351-1151-1701
    Thats kind of the point, Win or loose it doesn't matter its just about the Fun of fighting with characters that normally wouldn't. All though they have greatly improved the single player modes. And the more you play the more you unlock! The more you Win the More you unlock! Charcters,Stages,Classic games,trophies,ect. ect. ect.

It's a game of random non-sense that awards you with even more random non-sense the more you play. Because of its setup it's truly a universal game Casual,Hardcore even grandma usaully will enjoy playing a few rounds of SSB because it's more funny then violent. It's pick upa nd play appeal will just varry person to person.
    Will it keep you comming back for more hours on end? Depends how bad you want to unlock everything and if you have anyone else to play with.

It doesn't ever really get old, you just eventually unlock everything and the game is turned into a Multi player only game like alot of other fighting games today.

Member #
    Friends
    I always thought Smash brothers was overrated to be honest. I never really saw what the appeal was both my mates play it religiously and they are always going to to me come on have a game.

I'm like meh this game sucks lol I never have liked smash bros from the first game to me it's just a average beat em up only hyped up because of the Nintendo connection.

Give me Soul caliber any day of the week that's what I would call a true beat em up experience.

Member #
    Friends
    2770-2242-9089-2654
    I think it is getting boring because I usually win and I played everything on it.

SSBB code:4553-9644-8994
    Pm me if you want to add me. And prepare to lose!

If you need help getting wi-fi, PM me and I will try to help.

-[Join the Master Chief/Samus Fan Club]-

Member #
    Friends
    Looks shite to me, played it in the past I think, just a copy of Mortal Kombat at the end of the day, a crap one at that.

Trading my Wii again! Come on home 360!
    Games: Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Ghost Squad, Link's Crossbow Training + Wii Zapper, Geometry Wars, Battalion Wars 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads