Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 140 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    mains: Kirby and Olimar
    subs: Metaknight, Snake, Ike, and Zelda/Sheik (yes i use both)

Member #
    Friends
    3896-5800-0118-9755
    Pit.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
    ]Zero Suit Samus is kinda what fox used to be, but idunno
    ...Brawl Fox is better than Zamus. >.>;;; Zamus is very beastly when used to her full potential though. She has a lot of techs. Her tether is very long and combined with her down B, if you predict the enemy getting gimped isn't that much of a problem(..unless it's meta knight that's gimping you, then there's a problem). And ofcourse, don't forget her two great stun moves, one of which is a projectile, the other of which can stage spike amazingly.

She has range and even speed, huge comboability and has projectiles to glide toss with and such at the start, which is a gigantic advantage against anyone not named Kirby, D3, or Wario. She also has two amazing spikes, when used right have amazing potential as well. She also has a good amount of approaches and spacers.

Problem is she's very hard to use, and the learning curve is very high. Her kill moves are lackluster, and are generally hard to land. You also need lightning fast reflexes to use her right, as well as a very good strategy. You need to learn her techs perfectly as well or she's indeed a crappy low tier-er, making her learning curve again, true and brutal.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    hmmmmm well i have some pretty cool moves with sonic although i dont think wen i make em up coz there really random but im good with him,lucario,Link and Mario but im best with lucario altho my fav is sonic i like the faster characters but not captain falcon for some reason im alright with fox 2 i like link final smash but i dont use much no more
    if you wanna brawl me don't catch me in a toon Link mood

Member #
    Friends
    8707-5729-8807-0853
    Yeah, I love Zamus. It's funny how I can do very well with Ike, but still fall back on a secondary such as Zamus if I need to. She's speedy and her range, both in attack and recovery, often surprises people. And the armour pieces and amazing ability to GToss give her a quick start in battles. In fact, the armour pieces do more damage than any of Zamus' standard attacks, and you can continuously toss them skyward and catch them again and again for armour that won't disappear.

I've been practicing with her a lot, and although I miss the raw strength of Ike, she makes up with it with her high jump (but ridiculously, annoyingly high short-hop) and tether, whose problems I can work around.

She's definitely a finesse character, though.

EDIT: Final Smashes? Don't worry too much about them. True tournaments won't use them, so there's no use judging a character based on their FS.
    Violence is not the answer, unless you want the answer to be fiery, explosive and awesome.
    My Brawl code: 4039 0872 0860.
    My Wii number: 8707 5729 8807 0853.

Click here or suffer my Great Aether.

Want a signature and/or avatar? PM me.

Member #
    Friends
    3896-5800-0118-9755
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    ...Brawl Fox is better than Zamus. >.>;;; Zamus is very beastly when used to her full potential though. She has a lot of techs. Her tether is very long and combined with her down B, if you predict the enemy getting gimped isn't that much of a problem(..unless it's meta knight that's gimping you, then there's a problem). And ofcourse, don't forget her two great stun moves, one of which is a projectile, the other of which can stage spike amazingly.

She has range and even speed, huge comboability and has projectiles to glide toss with and such at the start, which is a gigantic advantage against anyone not named Kirby, D3, or Wario. She also has two amazing spikes, when used right have amazing potential as well. She also has a good amount of approaches and spacers.

Problem is she's very hard to use, and the learning curve is very high. Her kill moves are lackluster, and are generally hard to land. You also need lightning fast reflexes to use her right, as well as a very good strategy. You need to learn her techs perfectly as well or she's indeed a crappy low tier-er, making her learning curve again, true and brutal.
    Wow, you're like the Smash Bros. genius or something. All I can come up with is one word, and you have about three paragraphs on the subject. XD

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Genius is stretching my status in Brawl way too much. I may have a lot to say, but there are tons of people better than me that don't even say half that on subjects like that. Knowledge doesn't help in terms of skill unless applied on the battlefield itself, ..which I generally fail to do as I always go aggro with whomever I use. >.>; Self control in a fight is something I lack these days.

About Zamus.. I know I didn't mention her near-useless high as heck SHs, mainly because I can't stand them just like you, Ukemi. I'm fond of a lot of SH approaches and attacks, especially with my mains, Zamus' are almost useless for the purpose of approaches. I'd say her SHing is only helpful for using moves like her Side B to stop approaches or space. Who knows, I may be wrong though. Tall characters probably would get hit by a very quick SH N-air.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0217-6218-4567-4978
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi448 View Post
    hmmmmm well, i have some pretty cool moves with sonic, although i dont think wen i make em up coz there really random, but im good with him,lucario,Link and Mario. but im best with lucario, altho my fav is sonic, because i like the faster characters, but not captain falcon for some reason. im alright with fox, 2 i like link's final smash but i dont use it much no more
    Does it not occur to you to put at least one period? I can read that after I edited it... Too confusing to have a run-on sentence.

The Silence Bridge Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neosquid View Post
    I feel like half of what goes on in this forum involves people arguing about fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post
    We're gay gangbangers, not metrosexual hipsters.
    Hi yes, hello. I've been trying to get the hang of playing on a set of Donkey Konga bongos. I've got the hang of waveshining into double laser 360 half pipe bananarama, but I'm having a hard time smash attacking. How loud should I be clapping?

Member #
    Friends
    3896-5800-0118-9755
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerJ View Post
    Does it not occur to you to put at least one period? I can read that after I edited it... Too confusing to have a run-on sentence.
    Oh, for a second I thought you were pointing out a subliminal message.

Member #
    Friends
    8707-5729-8807-0853
    I was going to say something, but I don't want to get a reputation as a Grammar Nazi. :P

SSBfreak: Zamus' SH is much to high to hit even tall characters with a Nair. The best I can do is simply SH and then Dair... even though I HATE her Dair like I hate paper-cuts, because it's basically a suicide if used anywhere off the stage. And the ending lag is horrible.

I find Zamus' only good Aerials are her Fair, and, for greater knockback and finishing power, Bair. Although it can be hard to line up a Bair, RARing can solve this.

This said, however, I still like to play Zamus' ground and grab game up quite a bit, and once your opponent starts hitting the high damages (for Zamus to kill, this has to be quite high: around 150&#37, take the battle to the air and Bair them to death.

If that fails, you can always abuse her beastly comboability. A good combo is to grab and then DThrow, following up with a Hyphen Dash UpS.
    Violence is not the answer, unless you want the answer to be fiery, explosive and awesome.
    My Brawl code: 4039 0872 0860.
    My Wii number: 8707 5729 8807 0853.

Click here or suffer my Great Aether.

Want a signature and/or avatar? PM me.

Ads