0000-0000-0000-0000
    What do you think of Diddy CK?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    As EaStBeAsT would of said, "diddy is a beast". Those banannas must be the best projectile ever as they make combos in Brawl more than possible. They're excellent for field control, and although you can only have two at a time, they're technically infinite.

Not only that, but unlike what most people say, he has good KO potential with his F and B-air, a good spike in his D-air, and great KO power with his prioritized D-smash, and double hit F-smash to break through sidesteps.

He's also quick, and combos very well, even without the banannas. His recovery is sub par though, it's easily spiked and hard to control.. Aside from that, he excels very well in virtually everything though. He weighs a good amount for his size too. I can't remember what tier he's in(he should be high IMO!), but he's a crazy good character in the hands of a pro.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1736-2837-6739-2385
    Curious who do people think is better, toon link or link

Member #
    Friends
    you mean like me i love diddy 2

EDIT:toon link by far his d-smash is a powerful 2 hit combow (3 if u time it right with f-smash)and if u get his final smash then thats 80% chance of a instant KO

Member #
    Friends
    1736-2837-6739-2385
    Intresting, because I also thought Toon Link was better but my friend says he dies to easily

Member #
    Friends
    yes he is light weight and he does die if u hit him hard enough and that takes u awile but if u time it while he is comeing down then BAM hes gone

EDIT:also has a better bomb then link chain grab and arrow then link so toon link is superior
    Last edited by yyy4yyy; 02-16-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I prefer Toon to Link because of he seems to be quicker. I don't really like either though.

But my bests are Lucas and Diddy Kong

Member #
    Friends
    lucas is good but has alot of time where u can just punch him and get a KO but his final smash is one of the best

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Ok.. Toon Link is tons better than Link. A few things I noticed are eskewed opinions. Suprise, Toon Link is actually a medium weight character! I was baffled when I heard it too, but it's true. He's not as heavy as Link, but he might be around as heavy, or even a little heavier, than Mario. Probably from all that equipment.

Toon is indeed faster, both with his attacks and running speed. Being floatier he always travels through the air better. Toon's aerials also have more power, comboability(especially B-air), and make much better approaches. They're much better KO moves and are faster than Link's when comparing their power.

Toon's D-smash is much faster, and the combo thing can go to your advantage. If the enemy is next to you in an akward position, you can actually slide them way off the stage, so they're in a unfavorable position to be gimped by a quick N-air and such.

His U-smash is obviously more powerful, and quicker. His F-smash also combo hits - when done right, it always hits twice. Stall for just a few frames and you won't hit it though. It's got great KO power, almost as much as Link's own. The benefit though, is that no matter what the enemy's damage %, you always get two hits and 20%+ damage if you hit with atleast average aim.

Don't forget Toon has his D-air spike. Toon's projectiles are also more useful for rapid fire and are not only more accurate, but more useful. The boomerang is incredibly versatile. You can throw it into the ground for an angle shot, arch it into the air, or just send it straight. Pair with arrows and you've got an imprenetrable guard.

His bombs deal good damage, and can be dropped from above with an air dodge, making them suprise attacks. The bombs are also thrown very fast, and effectively an infinite projectile. His bombs, while they don't travel as fast, have a much larger range too, making them better camping and combo material.

Toon also poses less risk when using the clawshot as a tether, since his recovery is top notch and by the small chance he misses, he should get back up. His recovery also does more damage on both the ground and air, and has more power in the air(much more, really)than Link's own. Basically, if Link misses his tether, he dies. Link is also very gimpable. Toon isn't. He travels very far through the air due to being floaty, his jumps are large, both midair and from the ground, and his Up B is superb.

Toon also has very few counters since he utilizes his speed, range, and even power and medium weight to his advantage. Most people say he doesn't have many advantage match ups either, but I beg to differ. Toon for high tier! DX

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    yes but wight doesnt matter unless u depend on the weight for how easily u can fall off

EDIT:now wat mode do u guys play in and do u play for kills or the win

Ads