LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 140 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    I would have to say that my best character is CK... I just throw him out there and let him do all the work O.o.

Seriously, though, my best character at the moment is probably Pikachu. It switches often, though, depending on which character I start to train (so Ice Climbers will be my best soon... or Peach again).

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JagsRock95 View Post
    zamus has tons of KO potential dude check this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCyChj-DX08
    It's not that she doesn't have good KO potential. She does, but the priority isn't there. There isn't a single one that can be counted on for a variety of situations, making all of them so ridiculously situational in an average fight that one has to be aware of nearly all of them to stand a chance with her. This is one reason why she is Low on the Tier list. Low overall priority (that and the gimpable tether).

That video was decent, but so full of spam that it lost my kudos. It should've been called "Dsmash Montage". Dsmash is crucial to ZSS' style of play, but no player should be doing it THAT much and not call him/herself a spammer. What she was doing to Wolf is the equivalent of chain grabbing (it should also be noted that the Starfoxes are among the easiest to chain grab for anyone), and many of those Dsmash combos can unfortunately be DI'd. It also missed a whole bunch of better, fairer, and more useful KOs and combos possible with ZSS. I'll give one piece of credit to this video, though: It showed to me the massive priority (compared to her other moves) of her Back aerial. I already knew it was awesome in that regard, but THAT awesome? Duly noted. The use of tether for defense was also very impressive.

Like any video, though, it makes it all look easy. ZSS has a high learning curve. She, in particular, requires patience in order to use her arsenal correctly and find the narrow openings for what seems to be too many disjointed-but-powerful possibilities that are at her disposal. Once you can, you have a ZSS worthy of being feared and defiant of many of her shortcomings. Otherwise, you will do nothing but stumble around with her and get lost in her moveset and physics more than you would most characters.

(That's why I love to Brawl with ZSS)

Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    Luigi is God....he is the most fun character i have ever played. Complete overkill in tournaments, cuz everyone expects me to try and use the super uppercut, which is usually my second or third move.
    Outside of MK, I probably dislike fighting Luigi more than any other character.

Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Pikachu is high-middle, if I'm correct. Was he low-high at some point, though? He deserves to be, Pika is beastly.
    Correct, sir, on both counts.
    Last edited by Bio; 03-08-2009 at 10:46 PM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

Member #
    Friends
    that acutaly is a very good point but she also had a very good SS as well with a combo of her b smash if u can use it right but that is only in the hands of very few people i have seen with a good ZSS

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    Uh. SS = Side Smash?

I'm guessing you mean her Plasma Whip thing (better termed as her "forward smash"), which is actually not notably good. Until your opponent is at high %, the Fsmash is one of the most situational moves in her moveset. The only time I can make use of it is for switching up offensive patterns since it comes out pretty fast...but if it's blocked or dodged, it leaves ZSS wide open for an easy hit due to its slow recovery. It should only be used for KOs off the side since it has good knockback (but the opponent needs to be in high % first). So yeah. Situational.

ZSS is still good. Plasma Whip is ho-hum, though.

Don't know what you mean by B+Smash either. If you mean Forward+B, then yes, that move is actually very good. Dsmash -> Forward+B is perhaps the only combo it has, but yes, it's a good one.
    Last edited by Bio; 03-09-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

Member #
    Friends
    whatever smash it is its a good one which can knock them in the air and u can get a good D-smash if your good enough but thats few people and she has more than one awsome combo and i use the gamecube controller so it is the b smash

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    What do you mean "B smash?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    b smash as in u press the b button y would u not know that

Member #
    Friends
    But the B Smash isnt very good. And I did not know that because, as with Bio, I could not understand your terminology.

Member #
    Friends
    if u use her b-smash then her s-smash u get a good combo if u can also use her d-smash in the air as the person goes up so that one of her many combos starting off with the b-smash and yes it is a little hard to understand but u will get it sooner or later
    Last edited by yyy4yyy; 03-10-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    I mean "Bio" as the person who commented before us. And yea, the Side B is a good move, but you cannot pull off many combos with it that I can think of other than D Smash. And why do you think B Smash is such a good move? Its ok, but its not great. It too easy to dodge, and most players wont give you the time to pull off any combos using that move as your start.

Ads