LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6507-5762-1778-8349
    If you know how to use people they can be amazing, at least thats what I think.

Wii Code
    6507-5762-1778-8349
    Mikey

SSBB Code
    3136-6293-7887
    MVP

Please PM me if you add any

2. Ads

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    That is not what we are debating here, sorry.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    i think you need a fresher source. those posts were made before the english game was even out.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Why does it matter if its the English game or not? As I already stated, the basis of the posts were made after 3 days of detailed study of the game, and they're continueing to be edited as new techniques are found.

Note: These are my impressions after long hours of play. I didn't play at a friend's house, I didn't play a demo for 20 minutes over three days. I've 80 hours logged by my crew and myself (Gameclock time) at 9pm Feb 4th.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    This happens in every game that has a competetive multiplayer community and includes many different types of characters. MMOs (WoW specifically), other fighters, even a few shooters out there have unbalanced gameplay thanks to certain characters being better than others. Its nothing new to see unbalenced gameplay in games.

I think that Brawl is as unbalanced as Melee, it just has more characters to fill the tiers.
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    he said impressions. maybe these guys just plain sucked balls with yoshi and i sure wouldnt expect them to be all that great with any of the 35 chars when asked on the spot.

oh yea...id like to know when hes spent 80 hours on EVERY SINGLE CHAR.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    You're going to find something wrong with it if thats what you're looking for. You're convincing yourself rather than looking at the evidence with an open mind.

Don't worry, I disagreed with them once as well. But as I continued playing I realized that this is by far the most in-depth response I've ever seen, and it is exactly right. And don't try to diminish facts, it was a team of people, not some kid that mains Fox and hates Yoshi's guts.

I don't even know why I'm having this debate, I'm done with the tier list thing, you can believe whatever you want.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    You're going to find something wrong with it if thats what you're looking for. You're convincing yourself rather than looking at the evidence with an open mind.

Don't worry, I disagreed with them once as well. But as I continued playing I realized that this is by far the most in-depth response I've ever seen, and it is exactly right. And don't try to diminish facts, it was a team of people, not some kid that mains Fox and hates Yoshi's guts.

I don't even know why I'm having this debate, I'm done with the tier list thing, you can believe whatever you want.
    Who???
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    whoa. are you guys talking about a game? or analyzing a piece of literature? im sorry. giving a score to how powerful a character is in a video game is absolutely ridiculous. it isnt at all about all of the characters being balanced or unbalanced. its all about personal preference. i mean really. it seems like the way you want the game is for all of the characters to execute the exact same moves with the exact same amount of strength. but that would make for a boring game. the fact that the characters do have different moves is ALWAYS going to illicit the debate of which is better than which, when it doesnt necessarily exist. i can GUARANTEE that as the game is being developed the creators arent thinking of making one guy better than another. they see a character. develop a move set. and leave it at that. as long as theres differences in games. there will be debate over what is the best way to play. and the answer to that question is however you see fit. so quit crying about a VIDEO GAME. and do like i do. pick random at the character select screen. and have fun. its what the game was made for. not for people to analyze it. for people to have fun
    Last edited by mykennedy; 03-24-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    Marioman & Wii-Fi

No offence, but I didn't bother watching the videos. No one here has said that a Yoshi can't beat a top tier, but that it is harder than it should be, which is unfair.

Yoshi was significantly hurt by the removal of many advanced technique's in Brawl, he still has no significant recovery, and his double jump has been heavily nerfed. Here are some character ratings from SmashBoards from a reliable source, whom had a team playing Brawl for nearly 3 days straight, carefully examining each and every character (and they're still updating it):

The thing with Fox is that [similarly to Marth] with everything they nerfed, they also improved another thing. In terms of nerfing Fox, very little was accomplished. This is from the same source:

I really didn't want to do this, because I didn't want this to turn into a discussion over tier lists [that will go in circles and accomplish nothing]. I am simply using this as evidence, and if you can find a source backing you up you can post it as well.
    i have read those before....

a)i'm not marioman
    b) only people who main yoshi can really judge yoshi, because he has a unique play style to him, and unless you know everything about that playstyle, you can't know if he's good or not. look at the yoshi section of smashboards, they're all praising his buffs, some even questioning if he's high tier

i'd trust those people way more
    Last edited by mushroomedmario; 03-24-2008 at 02:20 PM.

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads