+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Douten
    I see your point, and I'm guessing it's because of the lack the recovery ATs. In your friend point of view though, wouldn't he say the game is more balanced since he has a chance to actually beat you? or are his chances of winning highly dependant on the character he and you choose?
    A newb shouldn't be able to consistently beat a veteran, that stands for everything in life. Only in rare cases does this fault, such as when the veteran himself is a noob, or the newb is naturally gifted or highly dedicated.

None of these are the case. I'd say I've clocked ~30 hours and he's clocked >3 hours.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    be nice if you tell us what hes beating you with.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Pit, and he doesn't do anything significant. He just spams to hell, and it works.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    ^ i have a friend who does that... it works well. makes you rush in... you've probably tried this already but its been working for me so i'll bring it up. when jump approaching over his arrows (constant side steps are too tedious for my liking) either over shoot him or undershoot on purpose so your still out of his hitboxes. then its a fight again... constantly charging him from the air just means many many deaths for you i've found
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    Pit, and he doesn't do anything significant. He just spams to hell, and it works.
    I find Pit very annoying (actually I find any character that gives me a hard time annoying specially if they do nothing more than spam certain moves.)
    What I do against most Pits is keep them at close range. I know they're still deadly then, but at close range you can do more mind game with them than further away. I still need to practice DIing out of their foward B and punishing them before they can react, ahh just they wait :x

Are you getting a sense that you're getting better at handling his spams? Sometimes you just gotta do the rock, paper, scissor thing and choose a character that will have good advantage v.s. him.

I find myself having trouble timing grabs right. Like the person would attack I block the first one and then try to grab, but their second attack lands on me : / any tips? I think I need to be faster, but also think I should shield until I'm sure they've done all their moves. I see the CPU do this so fast and I want to mimic them, but then they are CPU and might have reponses beyond most average players.

Member #
    Friends
    6974-8190-3255-1356
    For Pit I like the 'Raptor Booster' (If you're a Capt. Falcon user).
    Pit's big spam moves =
    - His Forward B
    - His UAir (Maybe Up special. it's the one where he spins his sword upward)
    - His arrows.

If you dodge one arrow and use the Booster you can get Pit in the air for a nice mid-air grapple(Up+B). This hurts the other player's play style because you would have successfully:
    - Dodged the arrow
    - Remained far enough from his Forward B (since Raptor Booster has a nice range)
    - Placed yourself under/beside him so his Up move wouldn't work (Raptor Booster puts the character it hits in the air.)
    - Performed a counterattack/combo (His Up+B is used to grapple an opponent in the air. Many Pits I play against often try to linger in the air after this so it opens up a nice Knee opportunity. Then you ground them with a Down+A and repeat.)

Sure you may be caught in the spam once in a while but using Falcon's unique "self-projectile" moves (Raptor Booster, Vulcan Cannon) I can combat a Pit user. He still may beat me simply because all it'll take is a special move or something (not to mention his swordspinning helps him get the Smash Ball oh so easily.) but at least I can put up a fight.

Tiers are existent and the argument is senseless. It's true that I had to think of a full combo and strategy to combat one simple button push from a Pit user. Insanity? Possibly. I never said I hated it though. Let's me feel good about myself. He can beat me with spam and feel good, but if I was able to avoid the spam of a top-tier and insert a nice combo here and there... I'd feel accomplished I suppose. Would it be better if we could fight evenly? Definitely. But that's not going to happen anytime soon so we might as well make the best of it.
    Last edited by JKill09; 03-24-2008 at 06:29 PM.

Strikers: 223549-143411 Brawl: 2664-1785-3970

I Tumbl. - I Tweet.

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    ^ that only works situationally. there are no specific moves that can counter his arrows you just gotta metagame him a little. and the side b isn't much of a spam move... its also situational. if spammed it can be easily predicted and countered. and the move you were talking about is his u air. u special is his flight
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The raptor boost has TERRIBLE priority. One swipe of his sword and my entire animation is dead, leaving me wide open with the post-animation lag.

Regardless, I don't need tips on how to beat him, I was just looking for a discussion.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    4116-4612-5453-3059
    When Pit spams his arrows I just start crawling...

Although that wouldn't help a cpt Falcon user, would it .

[Zero Motivation, The Guy With Cloud Envy]

Member #
    Friends
    6974-8190-3255-1356
    ^ that only works situationally. there are no specific moves that can counter his arrows you just gotta metagame him a little. and the side b isn't much of a spam move... its also situational. if spammed it can be easily predicted and countered. and the move you were talking about is his u air. u special is his flight
    Yes it is UAir. The flight thing slipped my mind. I do know it's situational. Using the same combo consecutively will not give you a win. My whole post was just trying to sway these "there's no tier" believers into the direction of reality. Though the first post states the thread wasn't meant to be about tiers... that's what happened basically, and the fact that people refuse to notice this seems kind of strange to me.

The raptor boost has TERRIBLE priority. One swipe of his sword and my entire animation is dead, leaving me wide open with the post-animation lag.

Regardless, I don't need tips on how to beat him, I was just looking for a discussion.
    That wasn't my intent. I wasn't trying to give tips, just merely showing how somebody going against Pit has to have so much more strategy/skill than the Pit player does. I have found that (raptor boost) to work only when I'm catching Pit off-guard because as you said, Falcon will be left vulnerable if attacked during it. It IS very situational. Possibilities are endless when explaining how to combat an opponent. "If he jumps do this..." it would be almost impossible. I was just trying to back up your point(about Brawl being unbalanced in a sense) / relate to your situation (of Capt. Falcon VS Pit) because my friend uses Pit often and I use Capt. Falcon. He didn't own a Gamecube and bought Brawl a week after me. I have a considerable amount of experience compared to him yet... I get beat often. It's frustrating.
    Last edited by JKill09; 03-24-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Strikers: 223549-143411 Brawl: 2664-1785-3970

I Tumbl. - I Tweet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads