Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay61
    When Pit spams his arrows I just start crawling...

Although that wouldn't help a cpt Falcon user, would it .
    that only works of the guy doenst know how to aim his arrows... he can snipe you pretty easy otherwise

to JayKill: i've actually come to the conclusion that CF is only useful against non or weak projectile characters. he's too easily handled if your always afraid of an arrow barrage. but i could be wrong... only countless MORE hours of gameplay will tell lol
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    6974-8190-3255-1356
    I agree completely. He has no projectile and he has difficulty handling projectiles. ^^Also I agree with you about Pit lol. It's so simple to curve arrows and snipe the crawler. So yea Capt. Falcon is very difficult to use against projectile users. I sometimes use Luigi (his tier isn't very high I don't think) and he has a better chance of putting up a good fight. (Maybe I just like the people who throw themselves quickly across the stage? Green Missile VS Vulcan Cannon.)

Oh and it's not JayKill. You combined Jay61 and JKill lol :-)

Strikers: 223549-143411 Brawl: 2664-1785-3970

I Tumbl. - I Tweet.

Member #
    Friends
    4482-2919-0549-8845
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    A newb shouldn't be able to consistently beat a veteran, that stands for everything in life. Only in rare cases does this fault, such as when the veteran himself is a noob, or the newb is naturally gifted or highly dedicated.

None of these are the case. I'd say I've clocked ~30 hours and he's clocked >3 hours.
    I'm pretty sure that was actually what Sakurai was aiming for. He wanted it so a casual player could have a chance at beating a veteran. I'm pretty sure he stated just that on smashbros.com, but I'm not quite sure where specifically. I actually like it this way because then my friends have a chance against me, because I find it boring playing someone when I'm just destroying them every time.

I wouldn't consider that balanced though, because if it were truly balanced than the player with the higher skill would win every time. The only way for a game to be truly balanced is by having all the characters have the same damage, reach, and speed for all their moves, but that would just be boring.

Some people are just naturally better with certain characters. Somebody who uses a high tier character and is a pro could get owned by a character that they think sucks. The balance is not perfect, but it is balanced enough IMO.

A lot of characters do have really cheap moves though(I hate how they made Ike invincible while using his up-b). But if you abuse those moves and spam them and such, I don't even want to play you. It isn't all about winning for me though, its about fun. And stuff like that can just ruin the fun in a game.
    Last edited by Chewy; 03-24-2008 at 09:28 PM.
    You want to sit down but you sold your chair.
    So you just stand there.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RizGiz

Member #
    Friends
    Yoshi was way more overmatched in Melee than in brawl. I wasn't that good, but i don't remember using ANY combos with Yoshi (although i was a huge shield spammer so i may not know what i'm talking about). IDK it seems like in Melee the characters that would be used; FOX, Falco, Mario, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf and Marth and Roy especially. Even though Pit and Ike are the most common online, you still seed a wide variety of characters being played as, and the good players can be any character, although usually it's not pit IMO he's a spammer character.

formerly known as wii-fi

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by LevesqueIsKing
    A newb shouldn't be able to consistently beat a veteran, that stands for everything in life.

Have you heard of a company called Nintendo Levessque? there based on the sole idea to kill gamers and kick them into they die a horbile death then give gaming to non gamers like grandparents and 2 year olds.
    I mean the president of Nintendo America Reggie said this about mario kart and i quote "For the first time in years a mario kart newbe(said something else but i can not remember) will be able to race side by side with a mario kart veteran." E3 press conference

And for brawl i dont i do get my @ss handed to me when i play as snake against someone like lucario or pit who just spam, Roster is very unblanced

Quotes I Like:

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    In England it's more sociably acceptable to be gay is what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athronox View Post
    PrinceLink IS superior................

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    well if he mains falc and he cant get into someone spamming projectiles i must be screwed as a ganon user.

i believe this new found level of imbalance should go against this games nearly perfect ratings. now im saying its more like a 6/10 being so newb and spam friendly.

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    wow, i can't believe so many people think the game is unbalanced,

i play a lot of people that aren't as good as me(usually co-workers at my work's brawl parties)

and i only get beaten by my one co-worker(we're semi-rivals) and no matter who i am(we always have matches where we pick random) the results are basically always the same(unless i get stuck with metaknight and ganondorf, i just suck with them)

in my opinion, LIK, your friend must have natural skill, because i've beaten so many co-workers that main pit, and with ease too

OR captain falcon might just suck against pit, i mean the characters are balanced, yes, but some characters suck against other characters

like rock paper scissors, they're all perfectly balanced, but a rock always beats scissors etc.

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    The game is unbalanced it's just a fact. We can't really determine how unbalance it is since it's only been release for a month or two. What we can judge now is based on what some characters can do v.s. others. Who is to say, though, that some time down the road there won't be things that will change this (Like new ATs, or better way of using a certain character)? Even with previous ATs, the game will remain unbalance if you were to apply the same concept that we're using (X amount of skill vs X amount of skill).

I don't see the big deal of "limiting" the quick responses, there's rules set to make things more fair. Wouldn't it be mad if SSBB some how were built in favor of people who's good at math? The developers seem to think that in SSBB how fast you can press one button to the next shouldn't be the only factor in determining your victory. Perhaps some strategies and mind games is what they opted for?

Sorry to say but "All Veteran should be able to beat noob np" is really arrogance. And for new games I don't think you would be considered "Veterans" until you've played it for a good amount of time and know it inside and out. Really though, if there is some challenges I would expect people to welcome it as oppose to bickering how "kiddy the game is cause a noob can beat me..."

Member #
    Friends
    4841-8322-0786-7773
    saying noobs should lose isnt arrogance, its natural. anyone remember when i said this game has no learning curve? of course i got bashed for it but it seems im right. spam works. amazing...

Member of Ganondorf's Army
    SSBB CODE: 305072459278

Member #
    Friends
    8244-2285-2713-6668
    Saying that in this game does come off as arrogance since it's relatively new, especially if you are losing to a "noob". I can understand if you play the game for years, pratically know it inside and out, and some random new person came up and beat you. There might be a point then, but still that could just mean that the person simply has more mind game than you.

Saying the game has no learning curve because spam works is ludicrous. First off spam does not work. Their damage and kill potential decreases as they repeat it. When people spam they become very predictable and easily punished. Second, if their spam is working on the other player wouldn't that player have to come up with a mind game to counter the spam, a steeper learning curve? This is especially true for the spammer, if they are punished, they'll learn there's more to spamming.

That's comparable to if I was to say SCII has no learning curve because anyone who button smash can beat me. Not because I don't learn to block, counter, grab, etc. but button smash just can win the match!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Ads