Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Questions about Brawl Online: Please Confirm

It's true that if you play an "anyone" match, you can only do two-minute Brawls, right? Also, you can't have a friend in the same household play for team battle (anyone) online right?

Finally, does anyone know anything about Nintendo fixing the internet problem? It seems that nothing has been done yet, I was just wondering if there are any sources claiming that they are "working on it and should be running smoother soon" or somethng like that. As we all know by now, the amount of online players have decreased immensely, and the lag issues remain a problem... People have left not only because of time, but also because the crappy internet connection for the ultimate competitive Multiplayer game for the Wii (SSBB) has failed people and they have just quit altogethert trying online matches, for the most part. So any news on that that anyone knows of, besides the "new servers bought one week after the release date", which does not seem to be true.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    there has been improvement on 1v1 lag from what i've seen if you aren't too far away from your friend. and if its within friends then yes you can have any kind of brawl you want. it plays exactly the same way it would if you were sitting beside each other
    "YOUR A HOOKER!" -Grandma's Boy

Member #
    Friends
    8799-9801-1544-7718
    i played thas in ontario from alberta and it was horrible. too laggy. mohh2 has better online.

for awesome (for wii) online experience, invest in mario kart. it wont disappoint.

Call of Duty FC : 3480 6196 6904
    Onslaught FC : 3180 1649 9648
    The Conduit - 1891 9137 3932 ( Mr Vihang)

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    ^ how do you know when the game is far from being out? thats what people said about brawl to
    and it works fine if your within the same province i've found

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by spiff-ssbb
    there has been improvement on 1v1 lag from what i've seen if you aren't too far away from your friend. and if its within friends then yes you can have any kind of brawl you want. it plays exactly the same way it would if you were sitting beside each other
    Well I'm saying say you're sitting right next to each other. You see I wanna do an "anyone" team match with my bro, but it won't let us--it only lets one of us go at a time. I know the "friend" matches offer a few more options, in terms of well...options. You have more options then, and it is more convenient. But what about the "play with anyone" team matches? You're doomed to playing on your own, right? You can't have a friend sitting next to you and brawl it out then?
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    8140-2366-3149-0356
    i'm pretty sure they made all the with anyone matches the same to simplify it. but yes with friends you can have team battles, stock battles, items on or off. anything you can do from the character selection screen without pressing back can be done with friends. but unfortunately there are no such options with anyone.

Member #
    Friends
    7439-8958-0815-9629
    Does anyone know if the matches (even with friends) are region locked? I know that you can still make anyone your brawl friend. I've managed brawls quite nicely with people from Texas, but I can't seem to join some peoples games... I suspect that they may be too far away or something...

I'm a rather intelligent individual who has the bad habit of doing rather unintelligent things...
    Wii Code: 7439-8958-0815-9629
    Brawl FC: 1246-8378-0580
    Brawl Name: Druidn

Member #
    Friends
    0730-0028-5418-6552
    smash online is exactly like the the rest of the wii's online features: Disappointing. The only time I got 'With anyone' to work was the first night the game was realeased at like 3 A.M. and the only time I got "with a friend" to work was with my friend who lives 4 blocks away.

Wii games: Wii Sports, Zelda: TP, Monkey Ball, DBZ BT2, RE4, Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros Brawl

Member #
    Friends
    8516-3087-9983-5878
    well, i think nintendo brawl online experience has improve, ive brawl with a dude on florida, im at mexico, with no lag. few days ago i cant brawl with anyone, right now are only a few ones..
    Jose Angel Moran Perez
    wii code 8516308799835878
    GH3 code 446793301257
    MSC code 128967 439098
    DBZB 3 489753 894549
    Mii name MSC Angeltm, DBZ Angel-tm
    SSBB code 000131007701 Name Angel
    Games FIFA 08, Mario Party 8, Madden 08, The Bigs, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Mario Strikers Charged, GH3, Bratz The Movie, Mario Super Galaxy, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Dragon Ball Z Buddokai 3

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wiiwii
    smash online is exactly like the the rest of the wii's online features: Disappointing. The only time I got 'With anyone' to work was the first night the game was realeased at like 3 A.M. and the only time I got "with a friend" to work was with my friend who lives 4 blocks away.
    lol I know right. It's certainly not as convenient as its competitors and the system, as many will agree, is very...inconvenient, to say the least... And even though the service is free, it came with the console and was free so that it could sell more. Internet access comes free so you wouldn't have to worry about inputing information and you would just buy the Wii with unlimited internet access. Though if they did make you pay--even just $2.00 a month, they'd make a fortune. But no matter how much you have to pay--$10.00 or $1.00, there is still the process of purchasing the service which many parents are not in favor of (credit card information giving and such).

Ads