Thread: Why MetaKnight (MK) is the most Broken Character in SSBB

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by zaine09 View Post
    It's not the character that is broken but the player.
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by DG~X View Post
    -___-....who your friends that seem good with mk?

Best metas are m2k, anti, holy,..
    Putting "m2k" and that one broken character in the same sentence makes me want to kill myself in absolute terror and fear. 4 stock no damage, anyone?

If only Dorkfish was around to throw his cynic attitude at the Brawl n00bs, torching them with comments about how m2k moves onto Brawl because he's a scrub and the like... Ahh, the good ol' days of '08. Back when playing Brawl actually meant something.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 11-20-2010 at 08:58 PM.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I agree meta is unbalanced, but it only takes superior wits to beat him. My best character is Ike, around 16th in potential, but i beat pro lvl metas easily because although my moves are slower, and i am slow, I wait for the meta to get into my range and out prioritize it. the mach tornado is too powerful in my opinion, but it's just a matter of avoiding it's range.

Meta has one inexcusable stat though, his range of grabs. That is unbelievable, but if you have a good enough reach, h won't get close enough, Anyways, i tend to use Ikes f-smash to dispatch them because of the 32% avg without sweetspotting, and the fact that it has hitboxes around 60 degrees above him and the long charge time makes it a good trap move.

meta's mobility is a pain, and he CAN fly, not glide, on certain stages, like temple, where there is room and few obstacles in the air. He just needs to undulate (is that spelled right?) through the air. i made a stage to showcase it, with four solid blocks in each corner of a large map, meaning that meta knights vertical potential isn't enough, so he needs to gain enough momentum with his up b to Fly UP.

He isn't broken, but he is too powerful. Wall of pain shouldn't happen with him either.

lawl not too powerful, just too powerful for his weight.
    Last edited by Splash_King; 08-14-2011 at 08:48 PM.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Necro post, AWAAAAAAAY!

Quote Originally Posted by suntan50 View Post
    He isn't broken, but he is too powerful. Wall of pain shouldn't happen with him either.

lawl not too powerful, just too powerful for his weight.
    Even if he was lighter than Jiggles, I'd still say he's too powerful for his weight. _

And, not to discredit you, but I doubt that any "pro" meta knights are going to be running into a charged F-smash. I certainly wouldn't.

Ah, and welcome to the forums, by the by. =) Nice to see a newbie to the forums who isn't a newbie at Brawl, it's clear to me you've some form of above average skill.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    Necro post, AWAAAAAAAY!

Even if he was lighter than Jiggles, I'd still say he's too powerful for his weight. _

And, not to discredit you, but I doubt that any "pro" meta knights are going to be running into a charged F-smash. I certainly wouldn't.

Ah, and welcome to the forums, by the by. =) Nice to see a newbie to the forums who isn't a newbie at Brawl, it's clear to me you've some form of above average skill.
    I can agree on that one. Meta's are too good for their own good, thats why you have to fake playing bad so they get overconfident. Overconfidence is key to beating Meta's, pro or not. And Mach Tornado is not OP'ed. Each character has strengths, just need to figure out which ones out prioritize the other.

Quote Originally Posted by SSBfreakCK View Post
    by the by
    Im sorry but thats the gayest phrase in the english language, CK.... lol.... I rofl everytime you post that...

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    I can agree on that one. Meta's are too good for their own good, thats why you have to fake playing bad so they get overconfident. Overconfidence is key to beating Meta's, pro or not. And Mach Tornado is not OP'ed. Each character has strengths, just need to figure out which ones out prioritize the other.
    Mach Tornado is overpowered, ya fool. It's literally his best attack. It has some of the highest priority in the game, beats out most projectiles and almost every physical approach, it can do 18%, and upwards from there if ya sweet spot it, it's a cheap off-the-top KO if you know how to do it (all Meta pros do, trust me), etc. etc. Yes, it has it's weaknesses, but some match-ups can be won simply by abusing the whorenado.

I thought you of all people who know all that, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    Im sorry but thats the gayest phrase in the english language, CK.... lol.... I rofl everytime you post that...
    I will destroy you. -__-

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Hey all, I'm back...temporarily! And I just wanted to rub in all of your faces how RIGHT I was all along. Meta Knight as we all know by now is officially banned in Super Smash Brothers Brawl Tournaments worldwide! After 5 years of utter stupid and many people losing tournament money to less-skilled Meta Knights, they finally decided to own up and admit to their terrible mistake. Now we just have to get rid of Snake and Falco and we have a fairly balanced game! Don't worry, I won't "blog" about those two..at least the main distraction is gone for good.

Have a great day and days to come if you live to see this!
    Splash_King likes this.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    7912-1706-4691-2520
    Why MetaKnight (MK) is the most Broken Character in SSBB-idonotaproveofthisactionmr-etc.jpg
    I do not approve of this action, mr. turk.
    3DS FC: 1478-4144-3572

Trying to motivate myself to play: Project X Zone, Etrian Odyssey IV.
    Spoiler Alert!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Nothin' like a good "I told ya so", yeah? x)

Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91 View Post
    Now we just have to get rid of Snake and Falco and we have a fairly balanced game!
    _______

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    i think olimars the most broken char in ssbb
    3954 8948 1526 brawl or nothing

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    As much as I wished Captain Falcon ran over Olimar instead of all those Pikmin, ... no lol. If he had fantastic recovery, he certainly would be in A tier though, maybe even stealing Snake's "best non-broken character of the game" title.

I'm curious why ya think he's so broken, though. My guess is because of how spammable the little shit's smashes are?

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads