Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why MetaKnight (MK) is the most Broken Character in SSBB

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I read the entire post, perhaps saying [I came back out of temptation, and wow, it just gets worse. Your closing statement completely contradicts your opening, the stats said 70% said he wasn't broken.] mislead you, but saying "it gets worse" would imply that I continued on.

Video games aren't a democracy, it is still hard to compare a law to a balanced video game character. But my statement about the Earth being round.. let me put it in the same context of a law. Okay, so there is a law, that the Earth is round, and anyone saying otherwise is a moron (of course, this wouldn't be a law). Well, most of Canada disagrees, say, 85%. So they want to get this law changed and since were in a democracy situation it IS changed, and the law now states that the Earth is flat. Now because 85% of the people said it was so (which is over 50%) does that make the law just?

Your second situation is barely in context.

Let me show you someone else say it (towards the end of the video), so maybe you won't just think it is me! It actually applies to this situation a lot!
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1KQw5D2Vos&feature=channel_page[/ame]

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto View Post
    I read the entire post, perhaps saying [I came back out of temptation, and wow, it just gets worse. Your closing statement completely contradicts your opening, the stats said 70% said he wasn't broken.] mislead you, but saying "it gets worse" would imply that I continued on.

Video games aren't a democracy, it is still hard to compare a law to a balanced video game character. But my statement about the Earth being round.. let me put it in the same context of a law. Okay, so there is a law, that the Earth is round, and anyone saying otherwise is a moron (of course, this wouldn't be a law). Well, most of Canada disagrees, say, 85%. So they want to get this law changed and since were in a democracy situation it IS changed, and the law now states that the Earth is flat. Now because 85% of the people said it was so (which is over 50%) does that make the law just?

Your second situation is barely in context.

Let me show you someone else say it (towards the end of the video), so maybe you won't just think it is me! It actually applies to this situation a lot!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1KQw...e=channel_page
    I appreciate your response!

Still, for the last time, I am not making the statement that when over 50% of the people agree on something, it is automatically deemed true. Because these people are basing their agreement on OPINION, NOT fact. I keep throwing examples where when the "majority rules" in an opinion case, it is best to go by that ruling. Otherwise, why would over half the people be complaining? It would only make sense to make the change that is necessary, that is, canceling out a "statute" or "law" that actually proved a nuisance and inconvenience rather than the expected opposite. When you are dealing with facts--and I am in no way afraid to admit this--no matter how much of a population believes something to be true, it may still be false! I completely agree with you on this rational thought process. What you fail to realize is the context in which I am providing my argument, a rather simple one when read properly (I suppose if I were to say this statement in person we would have came to a conclusion/settlement by now on this issue, unfortunately, the internet has little to no expression). If a character is broken--he or she is broken, and you only need 50% of ALL players to attest to this fact to have it automatically deemed true. Imagine if 9 out of 10 of your friends who play SSBB (and you have a thousand friends lets say) believe that Meta Knight is unrealistic, overpowered, simply broken. One friend (our of every ten) out of the crowd feels otherwise. Why are all 900 of your friends complaining/feeling this way? They aren't crazy or bias, they have seen with their own eyes what this character can do. And since the number surpasses half of all players, and therefore is the majority, the character can be considered "broken" and "unacceptable".
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    Considering there is no proof that +50% of the players think that he is OP.. and I doubt you could get every person who owns Brawl to vote, using that as backup has no substance. Still, if you did a sample of 200 players, you must consider who those players are. What if they are inexperienced players who think MK is OP, do they have a valid opinion over a pro in tournaments who would obviously know more? Talking on behalf of +50% of the Brawl population is a bit much to use as "this character is OP" backup.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Well actually sovieto, in a poll taken at Smashboards, the central hub for smash players, over 65% say that MK is OP. But who do I care, this game sucks huge veiny donkey cock
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto View Post
    Considering there is no proof that +50% of the players think that he is OP.. and I doubt you could get every person who owns Brawl to vote, using that as backup has no substance. Still, if you did a sample of 200 players, you must consider who those players are. What if they are inexperienced players who think MK is OP, do they have a valid opinion over a pro in tournaments who would obviously know more? Talking on behalf of +50% of the Brawl population is a bit much to use as "this character is OP" backup.
    I was simply making a point. I don't believe I ever said that over 50% of the Brawl population believes that Meta Knight is broken--this thread is going out especially to those who don't feel that he is. Despite being much more than likely that over half of all Brawlers believe that he is "overpowered" as you called it, my claim isn't that it is the case. My point is that in certain cases, where "seeing is believing", opinions count and therefore if over 50% agree on one thing, that thing should be dealt with and taken care of so the majority will have the most convenience.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    3896-5800-0118-9755
    Meta is broken. =)

Member #
    Friends
    2878-9257-8140-1234
    Norlyo.o

Thanks for the sig, gidget!

Gamertag: D1nner
    SSBB Code: 2878-9257-8140

Peach Smash Guild Member

Working on L4D Achievements 49/50 PM if wanna play

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hicks31 View Post
    Meta is broken. =)
    Ah one of the first on this thread to blatantly admit it. I applaud you for that, though I hope you did some proper "research" when making that claim.
    Last edited by RPGMasterTurk91; 02-07-2009 at 03:57 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by hicks31 View Post
    Meta is broken. =)
    I agree yo.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    no hes not. when gamers say a character/ability/weapon is broken, we mean that its unbeatable when use correctly.

what your saying is a skilled meta is unbeatable. when yet even the most skilled metas in the world have lost.

if meta is broken, then how can he be beat when used by the best?

meta is overpowered but nowhere near broken

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads