Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why MetaKnight (MK) is the most Broken Character in SSBB

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    Meta Knight is broken simply because no other character counters him. Simple as that.
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    thats what i mean by overpowered. hes not broken

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow*91 View Post
    no hes not. when gamers say a character/ability/weapon is broken, we mean that its unbeatable when use correctly.

what your saying is a skilled meta is unbeatable. when yet even the most skilled metas in the world have lost.

if meta is broken, then how can he be beat when used by the best?

meta is overpowered but nowhere near broken
    Nope, I have never made the claim once that Meta Knight is unbeatable. There is NO such thing as an unbeatable character. According to you, Shadow, broken means unbeatable, so there will never be a character in any game and has never been and never will be broken. So why speak out? Because the match is rigged to begin with! It's a simple concept really:

You're in a race--any kind of race, even one in a video game. A car or foot race, it doesn't matter. Let's say you're in a real car race against 7 other contestants. All seven cars get nine out of the ten laps complete before your car can even move--someone messed with your car so that the chances of you winning the race is minimal. It's unfair, and the match is completely rigged, but you can STILL win the race. Getting first place is still attainable, but the match has been rigged to begin with, so getting there is made into an unnecessary hassle and made virtually impossible. There is no such thing as an unbeatable race, because "impossible" is never the case when it comes to competition. Furthermore, the person whose car had been altered did not express his or her true skill, and losing the race if repeated tens of times in this fashion (that is, starting nine laps late each time) will only yield in inevitable loss virtually 100% of the time. Even if your car started moving just 5 (FIVE!) seconds into the race, the race is STILL considered rigged; the chances of you winning the race have been lowered, and in an unjustified manner. You have been subject to an unfair occurrence that had nothing to do with your actual skill.

Now I'm not saying that the numbers apply the same with the case of Meta Knight as I used in this example, but you should get the point. When people say "if they're not unbeatable, they why are you complaining? They're not even broken that means.", it doesn't make any sense. It's like saying "why complain to the thief who stole your belongings when you're not DYING, just let it go completely, don't fight it, it's not like you're dead. I don't see why you're even making a deal out of it, your life is not at stake so what's the big deal?"
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    lol owned

thanks for the sig Manred
    ssbb name:kyle
    ssbb fc: 4983-4636-8511-pm me if you add me
    Join the Master Chief/Samus Fan Club.pm me
    JOINTHE WALUIGI FAN CLUB! 52 Members and STILL GROWING!

Member #
    Friends
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    So by the logic of a character being broken... if two Meta Knights fight each other doesn't that cancel out the advantage O.o? Okay, kidding aside... time to put my input in.

I wouldn't consider MK to be "broken," but I would agree that he is rigged. Many moves, like spikes, are made much harder to do on this character. Getting a KO is also more difficult with his flight ability.

However there are ways to neutralize many of Meta Knights advantages. The stage, The Bridge of Eldin, makes it harder (though not impossible) for a MK user to use many of his air attacks. Other stages, such as Battlefield, make it easier for MK to use his variety of moves more efficiently.

Maybe instead of worrying about whether or not MK is broken, which cannot be changed no matter how much we talk about it, we think of creative ways to take away some of his advantages (sorry MK mains :P).

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    ↑see? thats what i mean. he's not broken just overpowered so you have to come up with something new

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    This thread should of died.. >.>

Ahem! If I may solve this conflict! Broken in the Brawl world, can be many things, depending on who uses the word. It can mean overpowered, unfair, or something that'l guarentee a win/loss. It's all about the person's perspective. Using a single, variable word to describe a character is a bad idea, IMO. :P

And yes, Meta is overpowered.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Bio
    Member #
    Friends
    ^lol way to kill your own logic in that last statement. =P

So what are we saying, here: That he's broken or overpowered?

Sounds to me like being "broken" is what makes you overpowered. I thought the point of the term "broken" is that it "breaks" the balance of the fighting game's characters. "Overpowered" sounds like what the character turns into if his/her broken moves allow him/her to become unreasonably more powerful than everyone else in some regard (rather than unreasonably less powerful, which might stand the case for Pichu in SSBM).
    Brawl Code: 3566 3531 3273

Official Recordkeeper of the 1v1 League
    Want to compete in Smash Bros. on WiiChat? Join the League now! =)
    (I am NOT accepting Friend codes.)

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    As I (tried) to say in my last post, broken can mean a much higher level of a character being unfair than the way you put it, Bio. It all depends on the person's views. I'd say using the word "broken" in this thread here after, is.. a bad idea.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    1345-6587-5984-5125
    While I think this topic should probably just die... I have to comment.

Facing Meta Knight is one of the most annoying things ever -.-. I wouldn't mind all the other advantages if Meta Knight lost either his insane priority or his grab range. They make it very challenging to face an expert with it. Of course it's possible (I figured out how you can get past the advantages), but it's too much work to do. I only gave a half effort and then decided it wasn't worth it in a practice session -.-.

Anyway, I'm going to let this thread go back to dying... since all that needs to be said has been said; I just wanted to vent a little :P.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ads