Thread: Why MetaKnight (MK) is the most Broken Character in SSBB

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2731-8224-5251-0572
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoZ94 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGMasterTurk91 View Post

lol you're doing it again...just spewing out things ANYONE can do or say. "Oh your thread is useless". Ok, your post is useless. You OBVIOUSLY have something against Meta Knight being considered broken. There is something in your mind that doesn't allow you to believe certain things, obviously. You're being stubborn to think that Meta Knight is a perfectly balanced character and that he doesn't have an unrealistic gameplay. Go to a tournament and you'll find that the majority of the players pick Meta Knight--if not the majority, then the largest minority. Why? Because people want to win! Who best to do it with? META KNIGHT!
    All characters have their own ways. In fact, in tourneys, I 99% of the time pick Wario. Why? Because I've gotten used to all his moves. It's all about skill and timing. I've beaten many people who used MK with Wario. Odd, isn't it? There are ways to beat him. You just have to time your moves. Now, some characters I use, like Sonic, keep getting beaten by MK, simply because I'm not that good with them. But when I'm Wario, I have a 'better' chance at beating MK's. (Not saying that I beat them all the time) Look at Ganondorf. He's slow on many things. Yet, people can become pro with him and be a bad--- brawler with him.
    Thanks for that comment, it made me realize that you just jumped into the conversation without doing ANY research at first (at least your tone was calmer this time around). I never said that Meta Knight is unbeatable, never will, never will think so. And I know that there are ways to beat him--HE'S BEATABLE. You think I haven't heard of "timing your moves"? A pro samus has the potential to 2 or 3-stock another pro samus or luigi for instance, but that very same samus can be 2 or 3 stocked by a meta-knight. It also depends on style--someone can be a pro meta-knight, but the personal weakness of the PLAYER is that he or she becomes HIGHLY predictable by jumping in the air every single time they trip, fall on the ground, or use their shield, etc. However, ANY character this same person picks will have the same problem of being repetitive and thus making himself vulnerable. Meta Knight has overall WAY too much to work with--on ground, in the air, on the edge, and off-stage.

Do ME a favor next time and read what's been said already and if it has been refuted, then refute what I have refuted (which is only natural in a debate situation). If you had done just this, your comment wouldn't have existed as it was.

Edit: To Boz: Oh I just got your message on my profile link, if I had read it sooner I wouldn't have been so hostile myself in this post Thanks
    It's okay. True, I didn't really read all the previous posts, I just assumed. I do need to stop doing that. xD Anyway, no harm done.

Spoiler Alert!

Wiichat's best Ike main. SMASH KING's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3699-5722-3363-7541
    (-_-)...hmmmm...

I've returned.

Legendary Super Saiyan The Storm's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    hmmm... Im not really understanding here... Why do you think Meta is broken? Just because a player is good, and he can be played with in a style that makes him nye untouchable, save for grabs, doesnt make them broken. If you get good enough with any character, any pro will tell you... They can seem just as broken as Meta. It depends on the character, and how you play with them. Why do most people choose Meta in the tournaments? Is it because they want to win? The answer simply is yes. But its not the reason you think. Let me explain. Meta is used by players who want to keep on keeping on attacking. Aggro players, if you will. and it just so happnes that his moveset incorporates this "untouchable" power that he seems to have. He is most widely picked bc he is the easiest to do that with for aggro players. Other characters, like Ganon, Luigi, Zelda, what have you, can be played with that same "untouchable" power that Meta has, it just depends on the character, and usually, you cannot play aggro with them to get the untouchable effect bc their moves do not have priority and everything else that Meta does. But, they can still be just as good as Meta, if not better.

All im saying is, you think Meta is broken, he is not. He is made to be played the way he gets played. By aggro all out psycho attack people. Trust me, if your like me, and you like to wait and take your time, not just rush into a fight like some crack driven monkey (lol Diddy Kong reference) then you will prolly suck with Meta, just as I do. But I have no reason to want him banned or looked at as overpowered, simply bc his playing style allows most spastic players to get very very good with him very very fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Splash_King View Post

EVERY TIME ALTARIA IS MENTIONED YOU SHOW UP WTF IS THIS BULLSHITragetext

Member #
    Friends
    3041-8420-1576-4112
    People who argue about Brawl make me laugh. I, good sirs, play Marvel.
    My Face------------------------------------>

Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Add my PSN for some good shit~iDorkfish

Wiichat's best Ike main. SMASH KING's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3699-5722-3363-7541
    it all depends on the player...not the character

@dorkfish: just so you know, this isn't and will not be about marvel
    Last edited by SMASH KING; 11-21-2009 at 08:44 PM.

I've returned.

Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by The Storm View Post
    hmmm... Im not really understanding here... Why do you think Meta is broken? Just because a player is good, and he can be played with in a style that makes him nye untouchable, save for grabs, doesnt make them broken. If you get good enough with any character, any pro will tell you... They can seem just as broken as Meta. It depends on the character, and how you play with them. Why do most people choose Meta in the tournaments? Is it because they want to win? The answer simply is yes. But its not the reason you think. Let me explain. Meta is used by players who want to keep on keeping on attacking. Aggro players, if you will. and it just so happnes that his moveset incorporates this "untouchable" power that he seems to have. He is most widely picked bc he is the easiest to do that with for aggro players. Other characters, like Ganon, Luigi, Zelda, what have you, can be played with that same "untouchable" power that Meta has, it just depends on the character, and usually, you cannot play aggro with them to get the untouchable effect bc their moves do not have priority and everything else that Meta does. But, they can still be just as good as Meta, if not better.

All im saying is, you think Meta is broken, he is not. He is made to be played the way he gets played. By aggro all out psycho attack people. Trust me, if your like me, and you like to wait and take your time, not just rush into a fight like some crack driven monkey (lol Diddy Kong reference) then you will prolly suck with Meta, just as I do. But I have no reason to want him banned or looked at as overpowered, simply bc his playing style allows most spastic players to get very very good with him very very fast.

You see, at times I really want to accept that argument, but time and time over again I just can't see it being valid--I keep realizing that is just doesn't cut it. It all comes down to Meta Knight having the best advantage over any other character--and by far. He can toss around a character and kill them in their 30s because he is equipped with moves that can knock back far off the edge and still land on-stage with ease, as well as pull of an edge-guard with little to no risk at all (even if the edge is grabbed, he has means to get right back on stage). The other characters you mentioned simply don't have what he does. And even if they do, it's to a small extent and such an advantage is made highly risky in order to balance the gameplay.

To think that the best character in the game is not broken in this case (Meta Knight in SSBB) is, in my opinion, a close-minded or even biased opinion. There has to be a "best" in every game to some degree, but Meta Knight goes overboard, coming only slightly close to the next best, Snake (who is also broken, who says there can only be one broken character in a game?).

When you say that Meta Knight has easily accessible "aggro moves" and is thus able to rack easy damage THANKS TO HIS PRIORITY, etc., you are giving the reasons in which I believe he is broken. No other character has access to moves with such a high combination of priority, range, and speed.

If you know anything about Ike's forward aerial attack, it has immense range, good power and knockback, and some lag. If it had say even just 10% less lag, 10% more range, 10% and more power and knockback, the move itself would probably be considered broken (I brough up broken aspects of certain moves earlier).

Meta Knight ALWAYS has his high priority, range, and speed, so all of his moves fall under being exceedingly overworked.

And yes, I know that any character--even Ganondorf--can be just as good as a pro Meta Knight, but that just goes back to the concept of being able to be beaten no matter how broken a character is, so long as they are not actually IMMUNE to losing a stock. Yes, it's possible that a pro Ganondorf can be a pro Meta Knight. Chances are that the pro Ganondorf got really lucky, his playing style was "strong against" the particular player's style or strategy, or that his skill level was simply much larger. Realistically, it would have to be a huge chunk of each--but nonetheless, it's possible, I know.
    Last edited by RPGMasterTurk91; 11-21-2009 at 10:01 PM.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    Yes, its possible. But I your still missing the boat on everything else I said. Meta's playing style is meant for aggro players, and it so happens that playing him in the aggro style will make him damn near invincible. Any other character can do that. Given, as I stated in my post before, it depends on their playing style specifically catered to that character in order to pull out their full potential. And the reasons you just gave arent really proving hes broken at all... ROB can much more easily kill off stage guard and get back safely at 10% damage if you get the chance.

Member #
    Friends
    Yes, its possible. But I your still missing the boat on everything else I said. Meta's playing style is meant for aggro players, and it so happens that playing him in the aggro style will make him damn near invincible. Any other character can do that. Given, as I stated in my post before, it depends on their playing style specifically catered to that character in order to pull out their full potential. And the reasons you just gave arent really proving hes broken at all... ROB can much more easily kill off stage guard and get back safely at 10% damage if you get the chance.
    I understood what you said and meant the first time, actually. The thing is, Meta Knight is able to "play aggro" with such ease--attacking defensively is his best trait. In short, he is equipped with traits and moves that allow for bouncing around his opponent while taking little to no punishment at all. Others can "play aggro" and have potential, but it requires a lot more skill and luck. While you can simply flick buttons with Meta Knight in the air, you have to work much harder to achieve the same state with any other character.

And yes, ROB has a good off-stage game as well, but this alone doesn't constitute to him being comparable with meta knight.
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    Ok, but what you said somewhat contradicts yourself, and further proves my point. You said you agree that Meta is playable with Aggro style, which follows up to his so called "invulnerable" state. The same is true with other characters, you just have to play to the style that caters theyre abilities. So in short, you simply restated what I just said... You didnt rebuddle the arguement whatsoever.

Basically, you agreed with my views on why Meta isnt broken. And no, i disagree, he is not the best character. I agree that he is the easiest to use and the quickest to get very good with thanks to his head on built in aggro style, but the greatest? No way. Ive seen many tourneys where very good talented players 3 stock the spastic Meta's that roam the bottom matches. Usually in a tournament, you will see that many players choose Meta, but when it comes down to the top 8 or less, usually only 1 Meta remains, and that is someone who is actually skilled with him. Its just like when any game comes out, and people think their is a best character. Its wrong, there is never a best character. Their are only characters that seem the best bc they cater the easiest to the needs of the largest majority of gamers.

Member #
    Friends
    Ok, but what you said somewhat contradicts yourself, and further proves my point. You said you agree that Meta is playable with Aggro style, which follows up to his so called "invulnerable" state. The same is true with other characters, you just have to play to the style that caters theyre abilities. So in short, you simply restated what I just said... You didnt rebuddle the arguement whatsoever.

Basically, you agreed with my views on why Meta isnt broken. And no, i disagree, he is not the best character. I agree that he is the easiest to use and the quickest to get very good with thanks to his head on built in aggro style, but the greatest? No way. Ive seen many tourneys where very good talented players 3 stock the spastic Meta's that roam the bottom matches. Usually in a tournament, you will see that many players choose Meta, but when it comes down to the top 8 or less, usually only 1 Meta remains, and that is someone who is actually skilled with him. Its just like when any game comes out, and people think their is a best character. Its wrong, there is never a best character. Their are only characters that seem the best bc they cater the easiest to the needs of the largest majority of gamers.
    I haven't contradicted myself one bit, rather, you have misconstrued what I said (I would notice the contradiction if I actually meant your interpretation/the way it was typed then say "oh wait, you're right, he's NOT broken!,", which I DON'T believe).

Everyone has the ability to aggro--so what. Everyone has the ability to grab; anyone who is in the game can grab. In fact, lacking a "grab" would make versing that character or being that character awkward--its simply part of the main gameplay. Any character can jump at another and attempt a hit, the success rate depends on the player first, then the character they pick. Meta Knight, in the end, is equipped to easily damage while staying safe and throw around his opponents about the stage, racking about heaps of damage thanks to the majority of characters--regardless of who--being helpless. Again, I haven't agreed with your viewpoint, just because I thought one of your points was partially valid and already believed in the true part of your statement before you even made it doesn't mean I have agreed with you in that Meta Knight in fact isn't broken.

Meta Knight is COMPLETELY broken.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Ads