LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    wow i was afraid I would die of old age before the tourney started. turns out the forums died first. only 2 months to go -.-;

sign me up again anyway WOO!!!
    wiichat name/brawl name: SR-71
    brawl code: 2578-2930-2983

only thing i want banned is Shadow Moses Island cuz we hates it my precious they stole it from us and we don't wants it
    Last edited by SR-71; 01-27-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    @Rockerj: i'll put you on the list when you find your code.

first off: from now on PM me any topic you want put to a vote. it'll help prevent confusion.

second: roster updated

third: NEW DEBATE TOPIC= Ban on Shadow Moses Island

i personally am against this. i believe the stage to be overall, pretty balanced. nothing that attacks you, one of few grounded stages, decent design. i think this stage should be allowed

Member #
    Friends
    3549-0591-6488-6338
    i agree with shadow.
    it has nothing that would be bad for a even brawl. other then how small it is i see nothing wrong with it.

edit: i actually wanna change my vote, i don't know too much about brawl from an analytical perspective but someone who does explained this to me and now i am in full support of this ban.
    this was ck's argument.

Hey dude, I remember the stage ban discussion thread before the site's apocolypse, and it said anyone not joining the tourny can't discuss stage ban's and etc., sooo.. I was hoping you'd atleast hear me out.

Shadow Moses is actually a pretty bad stage. Since it's grounded, cheap KOs off the side are really easy. Also, due to the sides of the stage being walls, Star KOs are the only efficient means of killing someone. You can also tech off the walls if you're about to be killed but hit the wall, meaning you'll unfairly survive. Noone who has the advantage of getting easy star KOs off the top of the screen(Snake, Ike, etc.)would stand by as others break the wall. Makes an unfair advantage, yeah?

It's also important you can do infinite chain grabs against people by pitting them against walls, or lock them using moves like Down-tilts(Meta Knight, DK, etc.). Sorry to throw out all this randomly.
    Last edited by JonRyan; 01-27-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    im gonna have 2 think about it cause i Havent Brawled in 2 months.....
    PITKIDROCK

Member #
    Friends
    4217-7433-9490-6011
    You are correct on the chaingrabs or moves that pin characters against the wall and don't let you defend yourself.But it is all up to Shadow.I also think that Big Blue isn't a good stage for the tournament since you are fighting on top of cars and when you fall you are usually screwed.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    you should join pit. i haven't touched a wii game since getting my PS3, nearly 2 weeks ago
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRyan View Post
    i agree with shadow.
    it has nothing that would be bad for a even brawl. other then how small it is i see nothing wrong with it.

edit: i actually wanna change my vote, i don't know too much about brawl from an analytical perspective but someone who does explained this to me and now i am in full support of this ban.
    this was ck's argument.

Hey dude, I remember the stage ban discussion thread before the site's apocolypse, and it said anyone not joining the tourny can't discuss stage ban's and etc., sooo.. I was hoping you'd atleast hear me out.

Shadow Moses is actually a pretty bad stage. Since it's grounded, cheap KOs off the side are really easy. Also, due to the sides of the stage being walls, Star KOs are the only efficient means of killing someone. You can also tech off the walls if you're about to be killed but hit the wall, meaning you'll unfairly survive. Noone who has the advantage of getting easy star KOs off the top of the screen(Snake, Ike, etc.)would stand by as others break the wall. Makes an unfair advantage, yeah?

It's also important you can do infinite chain grabs against people by pitting them against walls, or lock them using moves like Down-tilts(Meta Knight, DK, etc.). Sorry to throw out all this randomly.
    i understand what CK means(although you could have posted it yourself buddy. i know your reading this. don't try and lie)
    but i personally am against a total ban on the stage still.

also, were not voting yet. still debating.

EDIT: its not up to me. when voting starts then 7 votes means the topic passes or fails. all i'm really doing is keeping this stuff orginized

Member #
    Friends
    3549-0591-6488-6338
    ahh yes i forgot sorry,
    well still you know my side.
    also i didn't wanna take credit for this thoughts so i put it under his name.

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Thanks for helping spread my thoughts, JonRyan. Sorry for wasting your time though.. I thought outsiders wouldn't be allowed to post here.. o.o;

If Shadow Moses fails to be banned, there is only one further thing I can suggest - break the walls whenever they appear, closest player simply breaks them away and then get on with the Brawl. As long as noone pulls any cheap grab-side KOs with weak back throws and such, I think that'd make the stage much more fair.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    outsiders may post here but don't get a vote. you can voice your opinion but come voting time you can't say anything, alright?

The Scrubbiest of Hunters Splash_King's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    0129-0129-0129-0129
    Yeah that's fine with me, it's only fair that only the tourny participants can vote. Being able to speak my mind at all works for me.

The Vermilion City Guru
    絶望の海。水の墓。スプラッシュ、コイキング!

Spoiler Alert!

Ads